Hello gents (and ladies, if any),

I currently have a moderately-powered rig with an Intel® Core i3-8100 Processor (6M Cache, 3.60 GHz), with a GeForce 1060 (6GB RAM) and 16GB of RAM.

I haven't messed with DCS for a year or so, but have been tempted by the new F-18 and Persian Gulf map (and the forthcoming F-14...due out sometime before 2045).

Should I even bother? I've heard that the sim is all but unplayable unless you have 32GB of RAM. Can that possibly be true?

If so, does DCS have any plans on optimizing their code to run better on a regular ol' computer?

Also, I only have 110GB of free HD space. How much does DCS World and just the F-18 and Persian Gulf map take up?

Thanks in advance for your thoughtful responses guys, I appreciate your input.


"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand." -- Ephesians 6: 12-13 KJV