I've never heard of John Krasinski but I've been interested in how this Amazon Jack Ryan series pans out. I'm pretty much on board with your assessment of the different "Ryans" Panzermeyer. I can't stand Alec Baldwin personally but I like his acting in certain movies including HFRO. I think he did an excellent job and I think it would have been cool to seem him return for the other movies to flesh out the character he portrayed more and to see what that would have looked like. However I do enjoy Harrison Ford as Jack Ryan. In my opinion he carries himself well as that "every man" who is just a regular guy who is often forced into an environment and conditions he and most people aren't used to yet his big heart rises to the occasion. He is a real hero in that sense. I just re-watched Patriot Games and Clear and Present Danger and Dart spoke on this. In a certain environment he displays a certain level of awkwardness and unfamiliarity but yet he does the best he can and pushes ahead regardless because of his ethos including protecting his family and retrieving U.S. spec ops used as throwaway pawns in an illegal covert action because its the right thing to do. Sum of all Fears was garbage.