"I've spent the last three hours reading every post that CZ made at ACG and I mean everything by actually opening them up and scrutinizing the contents. Not the way I planned to spend my sunday afternoon.
CZ does alot of detective work on various issues including the spitfire fuel tank, damage and collision models, weapons effectiveness using the vanilla game. Any changes to configuration files often mention the vanilla game. IMHO, the findings are used not to exploit the game for his benefit but to aid in disclosure of why the game works as it does. He uses these as a basis for dialoge to prove a point on different issues. Again, never mentioning that he used or has access to a moddable version of 4.312.
This does not mean that he could not be in possession of said moddable version. Once something has been uploaded onto the internet, careful digging will always be able to find it, but that is not the issue here. The issue is the accusation that CZ "announced on the ACG forums that he would hack the game and release the entire SC to the public".
It never happened.
Should anyone have proof otherwise then that will be looked into. Here at ACG, the innocent remain innocent until proven guilty. Something moderators or people with issues, on other forums, apparently do not share.
As far as I'm concerned, and until proven otherwise, the accusation is based on falsehood.
Gromic"