Originally Posted by Rhugouvi
Hello!

I am considering buying EECH +1.16 mod to have a go at a helo sim (I am more into airplanes), and I have a few questions about the current 1.16 version :

- What OS have been successfully used to run the sim? I have a W7 rig and a W10 laptop.
- could someone confirm that cockpit are NOT clickable in 1.16, and that there is no Hind cockpit
- what about advanced avionics : which helos feature such improved systems in 1.16?
- what are the known bugs in 1.16?
- what are the pros and cons of 1.16 vs 1.15 with clickable cockpits?

The 6$ is not much, but I always prefer to ask beforehand.
Thank you anyway for the time the team spent on improving the sim, the new screenshots are impressive.



Hi. Nice to see someone new wanting to try this sim. It is great. I'll try to answer as much of your questions;

As far as I know it works on W7 and W10. I'm running it on W10 at the moment, and have used it on W8 and Vista in the past, so I expect it'll work in W7.

Cockpits are not clickable in v1.16. There is a Hind pilots cockpit, but not the gunner cockpit. You can fire weapons from the Pilot cockpit though.

I'm not sure what you mean by advanced avionics. If you mean the Apache advanced avionics, then those aren't in 1.16. The Apache has an all digital 3D cockpit, and has full MFD functions.

I'm not sure if there's a definite list of known bugs. That's something I've been trying to collate. You could try reading back through this thread and see if there was anything raised that wasn't fixed.

v1.15 with clickable cockpits still has some issues to figure out. It was being worked on as an experimental release, and so was never posted as an "official" release as it was unfinished. If you can live with it having some bugs, and perhaps an occasional crash, then you'd have clickable cockpits, and the hind gunner cockpit. But the clickable cockpits are not in every model, and I think the mouse movement still needed some work. v1.16 can be considered a more stable release, but obviously doesn't have all those features.