Originally Posted by oldgrognard
Born in 1953. Pretty good time as I see it. However I think I would have preferred 1918. While I recognize some of the drawbacks, I would have liked being in that time of developing aviation. I know it may sound crazy to many, but I wish I had flown during WW II. Then the great age of American post-war growth. I would have appreciated the birth of the space age better to include the lunar landing. I was just a few years off of really being able to appreciate that.



Finally, someone who "gets it".

+1


US federal spending per person per year, in constant 2025 dollars:
1925 - $153.00
2025 - $20,497.00

"In the vast library of socialist books, there’s not a single volume on how to create wealth, only how to take and “redistribute” it.” - David Horowitz (RIP)

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." Thomas Sowell