Originally Posted by DaBBQ
Originally Posted by Ant
Does anyone else wish that far cry would take at least one detour back to it's sci-fi roots?

I'm a big fan of the series, but I often miss the original's 'Island of Dr Moreau' setting. A STALKER type open world game from Ubisoft could be pretty good.

The team behind the first farcry left Ubisoft and recreated it with Crysis. There may a agreement not to recreate it.


Unfortunately, I found Crysis to be a bit of a mixed bag. I can't imagine any such agreement being made. I can understand them agreeing to not going back and remaking/rebooting the original Far cry or it's theme, but I can't possibly imagine Ubisoft saying they'd agree to only ever set far cry in the 'real world' We know this isn't the case from the 'Blood Dragon' expansion. Much as I like Far cry I never seem to get the same kind of trepidation facing human opponents as I do from supernatural ones, such as those in STALKER.