Originally Posted by Ant
I've been learning French for a couple of years and now I'm getting a little frustrated as I seem to be stuck at an intermediate level and I'm not really sure what to concentrate on to improve efficiently.



In my opinion, you will really never learn another language unless you immerse yourself with native speakers for at least a few months. I took 4 years of German when I was in high school and college and I actually had a pretty decent conversational ability UNTIL I graduated from college and thus had no native speakers to continue learning the language. I can still read German a bit now but my conversational skills have really diminished.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”