Originally Posted By: SkateZilla
But BMS is not Free, it requires a valid Falcon 4 Disc.


Currently can be had for around �6 from GoG. Just �1 more expensive than a footlong Subway.


Originally Posted By: Troll
Originally Posted By: - Ice

ED built their platform from the ground up and are rebuilding it, hitting every obstacle along the way and looking like blind, bumbling buffoons.


Really, Ice..? Makes it hard to take your comments seriously when you spew stuff like that out.


Sure. Bring it down to personal now.

Originally Posted By: Troll
Originally Posted By: - Ice

BMS devs are working on a 14-year old engine and trying to reverse-engineer it and add modern features into it.


F4 was released in december 1998, so it's even older than that.


Thanks for reinforcing my point!

I'm not pitting BMS vs DCS, I am simply stating that one group is doing this with a 14+ year old sim and another group is designing the sim themselves. I am simply stating my observation regarding the two groups.


Originally Posted By: Troll
Originally Posted By: - Ice
BMS is free. DCS isn't... not unless you're happy to just fly the Su-25.

Or the TF-51. How long has it been since you tried DCS..? wink


Oh, really? Wow!! The TF-51D? Oh my gosh! Oh my goodness!! I have been wrong all along! TWO free aircraft in DCS World? Surely you jest? Lemme check the website.... no, you speak the truth!! I am ashamed at how I lambast DCS and the ED team! Will the DCS community ever forgive me for my stupidity?!

screwy


Originally Posted By: Troll
I brought F4 and BMS up to show you that MicroProse gave up on their project. ED, so far, hasn't. Sure, they have made mistakes and stumbled, fallen, picked themselves up and soldiered on... But they have not given up! And they have produced a damn fine sim, so far, with more to come.
Do you really prefer that ED siezed development and left it to the community..? Is that how you see the future of simulator development?


And I picked up on it to show how a PAID simulation that is built by the guys that are developing it is doing versus how a FREE simulation (okay, �6 from GoG if you must!) that is built by free-time-fuelled community modders is doing.