Originally Posted By: HumanDrone
Yeah, mine are off. I only get notified if they are available. Now that's one more pain in the pahooty - I have to vet all the updates first.

But the first linked article said to not install the KB3075249 and KB3080149 updates; well, they apparently downloaded & installed when I accepted the opportunity to have the upgrade at some point in the future, before I knew about all this.

So I uninstalled those two last night. They re-installed themselves! I un-installed them again, and went to bed. I'll have to see if they come back again tonight. I may have to go the full route outlined in the second link.

I'm wondering if I could get into M$ banking accounts and transfer $10 billion or so to my account - I'm not taking it, I'm just transferring it in case I need to take it... and keeping watch on what all they are doing with their finances in the meanwhile.


(Ok, maybe a poor analogy, but I could use a billion or two for retirement! Like a congressman chided his pork-barrel cohorts once - "C'mon guys! A billion here, a billion there - pretty soon we're talking real money!)


HumanDrone, after you uninstall those updates, they will show up again so make sure you "Hide" them. Do you know how to do that?


(System_Specs)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt
MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered
CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler
Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB
OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD
Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L
Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4