I am not too concerned about the Activisions, Ubisofts or EAs of this world, because those big publishers can easily compensate for any real or imagined (another sore spot in this debate) loss of revenue due to pirated software,
I rest my case. There is nothing in there at all other than this: Let them rip off Call of Duty if they want to, that will teach these companies over here the lesson that their property doesn't really belong to them, and besides, it doesn't hurt them. As for these companies over here:
but for the smaller or independent developers who really need every cent to remain in business.
Yeah, I'm not so sure piracy really is concerned to make that distinction. Pirates don't care who needs to stay in business. We know what pirates, are, right? The Pirate Bay is a group that itself calls itself pirates, they wear it as a badge of honor. So there is no mincing words here, no need to parse our definitions, proud to be pirates they are, proud to do what a pirate does. Pirates aren't charities.
So then, I repeat what I said before. It's absurd to say these companies need to adapt (as if out of concern for them, because your statement above shows why that really isn't true), then complain that they are greedy or something when they actually do adapt. Total disconnect there.
You seem to suffer from a massive
reading comprehension problem. Or you are one of the most
dishonest participants here, because you deliberately create strawman arguments.
I am describing the
reality to you. If you don't like it, fine, I don't like it either. But that is the way things are right now. Piracy exists. There are enough people illegally downloading content for the industry to be concerned about it. So far measures created to prevent piracy apparently
have not had the desired effect.
I really need to spell it out for you, don't I? Normally I don't feed trolls like you, but I still give you the benefit of the doubt. So, a final attempt:
When I say I don't care
as much about the big companies, I am
NOT APPROVING for anyone to "rip off Call of Duty"! Reading anything else into what I have actually said is a product of
your twisted interpretation, and a lame attempt of deliberately trying to discredit me as being a piracy advocate. Which is slander.
I say that they will
not go bankrupt over it. Which is easily verifiable if you look at their balance sheets.
So, again, a more detailed version, which will hopefully make it clear, even to you:
DESPITE piracy, Ubisoft and EA are still making profits, those companies continue to grow. While many Indy developers are
STRUGGLINLG, and piracy might be a
MORE PRESSING concern to them. So my
PRIME CONCERN is with the
SMALLER COMPANIES, because they are suffering a lot more! Which is in no way an absolution for pirates to go after the big ones, and in no way Got it now?!
What you are on about with the "over here" part, only you and your imaginative friend (the one you seem to be arguing with..is his name Kontakt5?) know. --> You are arguing strictly with yourself, which is droll, but also a waste of time.
If you were - like me - concerned about
finding a solution, you would recognize that it is IRRELEVANT what "piracy is concerned" about, because that scene is very unlikely to change its behavior. And I have no part in that scene, and no sympathy for that scene.
I don't care what pirates care about. That is not the point.
I am not arguing about the merits (or lack of) of piracy; I am trying to point out that the content industry needs to come up with better solutions to protect their intellectual property. Because they are the only ones who can.