I don�t know, this is the 21st century, large, searched for things don�t go simply missing anymore
The US response was; "we didn't know it was there"
A million tons of concrete, lit up like a Chistmas tree with a huge gas flare,that had been sitting in the same spot for years and they "didn't know it was there"..........so finding a wee little airplane...........good luck !
well if life has tought us anything, then the difference between what people say and what really is the case. If they really didn�t know or just didn�t care for economic reasons, where too lazy to actually check or just plain ignorant, in any case they would have found you if multiple instances had searched you. Not even submarines allways get away, when there is just enough attention focus.. In any case, I am confident that at least traces will be found. I don�t see an airliner simply vanishing in 2014.
The strangest thing is what they would conclude if they saw for instance my flight simulator habits...
"sometimes he just get bored and crashes"
oh dear.. a lot of us will be in trouble once something happens and they start looking that up. I had pretty similar thoughts...if anything ever went wrong with me and the media found my youtube channel, it would get probably pretty absurd. I�d wagger a guess that anyone how ever owned any sim, at least once crashed into a highrise or did some fantasy crash-landing attempt.
the whole thing with the wife and kids moving out aiming at suicide seems quite unlikely to me, especially combined with the apparently not pilot-input oriented crew assignment, now how likely is it that a guy on the edge walks up to his co-worker in one day and says: ok, lets make this flight our last and comes through with that?!?
I�d still say, the gradual failure area (like an electrical fire) seems the most plausible to me, albeit a terror or "#%&*$# it all" scenario is quite a close second. I wonder, if it first area may include other things then gradual failure like from a fire, like for instance hacking.. I mean we are just likely to see some day some serious digital attack in aviation.
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/04/11/hacking_aircraft_with_android_handset/Albeit, it is highly unlikely that the pilots did not re-gain control or noticed and reported an attack after a while..