Originally Posted By: IamFritz
Thinking about coming on board to FC3 as well. My two big questions about FC3 (being an Eagle Fanboi):
1-Have they fixed the F-15Cs thrust:Weight ratio? It should be easy to get this thing up to 35-40 K, but I had to sit in AB to keep from stalling, even in an empty jet. I've talked with Eagle pilots- it has plenty of go up to 45K plus.

Currently, I haven't noticed any real changes in the F-15 since FC2. However, Belsimtek (people who did the UH-1H) are apparently nearing completion of the AFM for the F-15C, bringing it to the same level as the A-10s and Su-25s. Reference this thread for more info.

Quote:

Wingmen AI. Sometimes, they stuck in there great, other times, they'd just fly out over the Black Sea, flame out and eject.

Eagle Dynamics AI is still wonky. I don't think these sort of things happens as much, but stuff like this still happens.

Quote:

Oh, three things, really. Any other theaters? I saw some shots of Nevada a while back. Is this included, or an add-on? Or even a mod?


None yet. ED is currently finishing (hopefully) work on their new graphics engine: EDGE, which will amongst other things change how terrain is rendered and created. It is also incompatible with current terrains apparently, due to a switch from x32 to x64. Nevada is going to be the showcase engine for that if you will. Once EDGE is finalized and pushed out, you can expect to see 3rd party terrains appearing. As it is, it doesn't make sense to develop for a system that will soon be obsolete.

You also might want to know that air to air missiles are kind of broken in DCS world currently. It effects both sides evenly, but it's still frustrating as a fighter pilot.

Last edited by near_blind; 11/08/13 10:59 PM. Reason: I can spell reel gud

Off to greener pastures