If you plan a upgrade that's gonna last at least 3 years i would go for LGA 2011 with I7 39xx cpu.
Those are the fastest CPU's today. You get a 6 Core CPU doing 12 threads. You could go for the cheaper 3820K. Though it is a quad core CPU it's also about half the price of a 3930K which is worth considering. In the end, the wallet has to vote to

Most of the new LGA 2011 motherboards (if not all) offers the new PCIE 3.0 slots.
I just upgraded to this and it's simply amazingly fast.
In Black Death i get an average on 42fps and max 68fps with my rig running in 1920x1080 all settings maxed out.
All smooth with one exception in Black death. That's when a bomb goes up on the runway, in close-up, where it drops down to about 20fps. But that's my gfx cards fault

This is on stock speed as I'm not much of an overclocker. I prefer stability
