The funny thing is that the formation flying you did, while looking good, is apparently useless in real life, aside from airshows. Spacing in RL is 3000-6000 feet which would mean the other guy was more likely a speck on the horizon... Also try keeping formation while "working," damn hard!
It's all good fun though. I once spent 2 hours online just doing touch-and-gos and interacting with a live-person ATC. While it is annoying to be given the go-around, it was immersive since the guy coming in just had a bad touch-and-go and apparently his left main gear would not retract and extend fully and so had to return straight away... nice.
I was wondering why all the heat and when so many people are saying I'm wrong I got confused. Then read my post, lol. No wonder.
I think what I was trying to say is that the formation flying is useful in real life (as many of you have provided examples) but not so much in the sim. I've apparently contradicted myself in the very next post I made:
Lol, yes in real life "spitting distance" formation flying can be useful, but since when did you have to give finger/hand signals in DCS A10C?
I do apologize for the confusion. My only excuse is that I'm doing night shifts and I must've been half-asleep at the keyboard. That would probably also explain my grumpy posts lately. So let me reiterate that one more time --- formation flying is useful in real life but not as useful in the sim. It still is fun though, especially formation landings.
*Note that I've yet again just come off night shift so if something does not read right, cut me some slack.
