Well for your interest I have only a dual core 4800 (2x2.4GHz) but with Windows 7 and a good HD 4850 card and 4Gb RAM and Flight Sim X runs very well except over large cities when it does get slowish. I cant put most of the setting on max. I did use the config recommendations as mentioned in a previous post but actually went back to my own settings as they looked better and were smoother. I have most graphics settings on about 75% and it looks great - I just messed about with them to get what I thought looked acceptable - also I run it in Directx 10 preview mode which is very nice, but precludes you from many free plane add-ons, but its too nice to ignore.

I am presently upgrading my computer to an AMD Phenom II X6 so we will see how that improves flying around the cities! I am mainly upgrading for the new career mode of Rise of Flight more than FSX though as I love that game and it is too slow on my computer during the new career dogfights. Cant wait to get the new Bristol Fighter once I have upgraded!


"It's life, Jim, but not as we know it!"

AMD Phenom II X6 (6x2.8Ghz Six Core) 12GB DDR3 RAM Nvidea Ti550 1Gb Graphics Card MS Sidewinder Forcefeedback 2 Joystick Windows 10 64bit

Games that I am playing:
Elite: Dangerous
Making History: The Great War
Strike Fighters II: Europe
Hearts of Iron 3
Fallout 4
Waterloo