I was once told off quite harshly for writing a review of a book at High School and calling it boring. It was 'Ring of Bright Water' and I didn't even read it but that is beside the point. I was told that to say something is just 'boring' is not descriptively assessing the subject. Anyway the rest of the review is spot on IMO. CoD is a completely wasted opportunity to produce an amazing BOB simulation. I dont know how anyone could get it so wrong myself. I havent played the 'game' for weeks, except to try the odd patch out, and am not likely to play it again until a decent campaign comes out.

And for the record I have played other 'detailed simulations' and enjoyed them - like Falcon 4 (which had a great campaign), EF2000 (another great campaign), MSFS X (challenging to fly through varying weather conditions and sightseeing is fantastic). There must be something to do in the simulation other than fly around shooting down planes in instant missions. All of the classic sims I have played and enjoyed (EAW, Tornado, EF2000, TAW, Gunship 2000, F19 Stealth Fighter, Red Baron, Falcon 3/4, F16 Flying Falcon, Hind, Apache/Havok, Commanche/Hokum etc, have had great missions to do, great campaigns (some canned missions but not many of the great sims have these) and great immersion as well as good flight models and terrain. Many have had many other interesting things like vehicles travelling around to destroy (Hind etc), ongoing wars (Falcon 4), and squadrons/wingmen to manage on the ground as well as in the air (Gunship 2000), bases to walk around (B17 Flying Fortress).

This sim has practically nothing do do and nothing that makes it remarkable in any way. So please dont go spouting off about how people here need to be mature gamers to enjoy these kind of sims. Because you don't get much more mature than me and I don't like it at all. I didnt like IL2 either which was a dry as they come. Perhaps you could say I was stupid buying a sim from the same developer of a sim I knew I didnt like - well you would be right there. Certainly if I could sell it I would. Luckily I have Rise of Flight to help take away some of the pain of this pointless purchase thank god.

Last edited by nats; 05/27/11 11:03 AM.

"It's life, Jim, but not as we know it!"

AMD Phenom II X6 (6x2.8Ghz Six Core) 12GB DDR3 RAM Nvidea Ti550 1Gb Graphics Card MS Sidewinder Forcefeedback 2 Joystick Windows 10 64bit

Games that I am playing:
Elite: Dangerous
Making History: The Great War
Strike Fighters II: Europe
Hearts of Iron 3
Fallout 4
Waterloo