One thing I forgot:

I'd recommend flying most of the training missions over and over again. I exclusively flew training missions for the first two weeks or so. Repetition is your friend: After a while, you'll grow impatient with the instructor to get on with it, cause by then you'll already know what the next steps will be and will know where the switches/buttons are and why you have to push them in a particular order.

As stated before, comunity-made training videos are also great. And don't underestimate the manual. It can be rather annoying to wade through, simply because it does cover so much, but so far all the information I needed could be found in there. Its structure could be better to accomadate the uninitiated, so sometimes you have to look in different chapters to piece a particular bit of information together.



S.


System: Asus P5Q-E - Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300@ 2.5 GHz (currently @3.0 GHz) - Gigabyte GF GTX460 1GB OC - 2x2 GB OCZ DDR2-RAM - Samsung P2370 23'' - MS Sidewinder 2 FF (red trigger, baby!) - Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals - TrackIR 5 + Pro-Clip - Windows Vista 64 Home Premium