I don't own WoP, but I do have BoP (PS3)and it is great, if... you haven't played IL-2. I love being able to just fly around in pit view in a Spit over Dover on a big HDTV shooting #%&*$#.. But that's pretty much all WoP/BoP is.. shooting stuff. There's no real 'piloting' going on. You get a great visual representation of flight but the 'feel' is slightly off.
Also (and this gets worse the more you look at it) the scale of the terrain is way off. So you end up with the RDF masts at dover being much bigger than the cliffs thay stand on, hills that have turned into small bumps, shallow valleys etc. They cut so many corners to make it look good that it's not a real Sim anymore. I still love BoP but comparing it to CoD is not fair on either game.
WoP is like one of those kit car ferraris. Looks great, is good fun, but underneath it's a Ford focus.
If anyone here can give me a good reason why the devs would sacrifice some part of the physics in order to make it look nicer, ie. make the actual game worse for cosmetic reasons, then I'd love to hear it. WoP is a false argument and should be treated as such.