|
|
Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 1,836
Non-Indoctrinated Member
|
|
Non-Indoctrinated Member
Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 1,836 |
Well, I read the same about WoV, and I am not sure what the deal is, as the publisher C1 is the one that funds the project and distributes it. If C1 thinks the game is "done", the devs stop working on it. IDDK, esp. Dmitry "Choock" Demenchoock, as the producer of "WWII Battle Tanks: T-34 vs Tiger", is very much a "control-freak" in the most positive sense and seems to be pushing the development of TvsT in the right direction. Because of him, G5 had to rework the graphics engine to be able to be competetive with other titles out there, as well as pushing the developers to "make it right". Besides, the devs and producers are in touch with the community, which already provides an ongoing stream of feedback, as well as wishes and desires, so everyone is working do get this one just right. Choock also told me in the beginning of the project that TvsT is "well funded".... So, even though WoV is made by the same developers as TvsT, heck, even using the same engine, the publisher, as so many times before, will make or break a game. ... and working with IDDK shows me that this particular publisher cares enough about the title - so I am not really worried about the game! 
PC: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz @ 4.6GHz | MSI GTX 980 4GB | ASUS Maximus VII Hero | G.SKILL Trident X Series 32GB RAM | 27" Acer Monitor (2560x1440) | 512GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit
Official VKB North America Sales & Support
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 261
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 261 |
Thanks for the update!
Do you think either game will make it way over the pond by Dec 2007?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 11
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 11 |
I have a suggestion that would stimulate the kind of mod activity that the developers and fans would like to see.
Maya is required to create 3D models, with textures and shader files, for TvT. Inexpensive copies of Maya are difficult to find - this will impede mod development for TvT. Would it be possible to develop an editor that would import 3D models from free programs such as Gmax? The textures, shader files, and attributes could then be added in the editor, and the final model could then be exported into the TvT game system.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 1,836
Non-Indoctrinated Member
|
|
Non-Indoctrinated Member
Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 1,836 |
Originally posted by Col. Sabot: Thanks for the update!
Do you think either game will make it way over the pond by Dec 2007? Assuming an international publisher for the title is found in due time, I would say 'why not?' 
PC: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz @ 4.6GHz | MSI GTX 980 4GB | ASUS Maximus VII Hero | G.SKILL Trident X Series 32GB RAM | 27" Acer Monitor (2560x1440) | 512GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit
Official VKB North America Sales & Support
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 1,836
Non-Indoctrinated Member
|
|
Non-Indoctrinated Member
Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 1,836 |
Originally posted by geezer: I have a suggestion that would stimulate the kind of mod activity that the developers and fans would like to see.
Maya is required to create 3D models, with textures and shader files, for TvT. Inexpensive copies of Maya are difficult to find - this will impede mod development for TvT. Would it be possible to develop an editor that would import 3D models from free programs such as Gmax? The textures, shader files, and attributes could then be added in the editor, and the final model could then be exported into the TvT game system. Forwarded that suggestion to the devs and producer!
PC: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz @ 4.6GHz | MSI GTX 980 4GB | ASUS Maximus VII Hero | G.SKILL Trident X Series 32GB RAM | 27" Acer Monitor (2560x1440) | 512GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit
Official VKB North America Sales & Support
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 1,836
Non-Indoctrinated Member
|
|
Non-Indoctrinated Member
Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 1,836 |
Choock also told me just now that T-34 looks and plays better than WoV, even though it's from the same developers.
He also mentioned that the addition of a user friendly editor, missions and new content will be done through add-ons, as IDDK requires the return money from sales to be able to fund the "WWII Battle Tanks: ...." series, thus allowing new stuff to be made. He said that the development is a step-by-step progress, and the first step is the initial, albeit not complete, as some of you might think now, first part of the series, called "T-34 vs. Tiger".
He also said that, regarding to C1 and WoV, that IDDK is helping G5 with the develepment of TvsT as much as they can, and I witnessed that when IDDK's own graphics team helped improving the game's graphics-engine.
PC: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz @ 4.6GHz | MSI GTX 980 4GB | ASUS Maximus VII Hero | G.SKILL Trident X Series 32GB RAM | 27" Acer Monitor (2560x1440) | 512GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit
Official VKB North America Sales & Support
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 261
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 261 |
I am guessing that there won't be any SDK type of tools for a while since the concept is a series of titles. Adding tanks per update. Any idea if they are planning to release paid updates to add playable vehicles which are downloadable? I am hoping not to have to pay for a retail CD for M4 Sherman vs Panther title...  I rather pay for a direct download. Brings me to my next question, why not have the game downloadable? American Army game is a gig plus download. Not fun but do able...
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 1,836
Non-Indoctrinated Member
|
|
Non-Indoctrinated Member
Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 1,836 |
Originally posted by Col. Sabot: I am guessing that there won't be any SDK type of tools for a while since the concept is a series of titles. Adding tanks per update.
Any idea if they are planning to release paid updates to add playable vehicles which are downloadable? I am hoping not to have to pay for a retail CD for M4 Sherman vs Panther title... I rather pay for a direct download.
Brings me to my next question, why not have the game downloadable? American Army game is a gig plus download. Not fun but do able... Good question on the "downloadable" part. It would be nice for IDDK to follow the concept of ED's idea for the Lock-On series, but personally I still would like to go to a store and get me a copy, if I chose to do so. They could adopt that model where a downloadable version is offerend, and selected (online)retailes still sell a boxed version of the game and/or add-ons. I will, however, ask Choock what he thinks about that approach for the future. I am not sure about the SDK part, but I know that a user friendly mission editor will follow the initial release of the game - how and when, though, I don't know.
PC: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz @ 4.6GHz | MSI GTX 980 4GB | ASUS Maximus VII Hero | G.SKILL Trident X Series 32GB RAM | 27" Acer Monitor (2560x1440) | 512GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit
Official VKB North America Sales & Support
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 565
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 565 |
Rainer, I prefer to buy the game at a retail store. I want the CD. Furthermore, I would pay extra money if inside the box there are nicely printed manuals, maps, etc. I truly dislike printing out a PDF manual. It costs too much money for those expensively, stupid ink cartridges ($30). Even when printed out, the quality isn't that good. Shockwave figured this out and delivers not only great manuals, but increased customer satisfaction because players understand and enjoy thier games more. http://www.shockwaveproductions.com/store/wwiifighters/ Salute, gx007
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 1,836
Non-Indoctrinated Member
|
|
Non-Indoctrinated Member
Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 1,836 |
Snip-n-Clip, I agree with you on the manual part. A map would also be a nice addition. I am sure that the manual is the responsibility of the future international publisher for the title, as, I am sure, most of us don't want to get the russian version of the game, that's pretty much inside and out in cyrillic. (I am currently testing the latest pre-alpha built and that's the case there...) So, depending on what publisher they find for the western market, we need to "hammer" them about manuals, maps and distribution methods! 
PC: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz @ 4.6GHz | MSI GTX 980 4GB | ASUS Maximus VII Hero | G.SKILL Trident X Series 32GB RAM | 27" Acer Monitor (2560x1440) | 512GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit
Official VKB North America Sales & Support
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 261
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 261 |
I guess it's mute if they don't get a pub in the western markets. If they don't find a pub, wonder if they have the ability to pub directly? (Example: ESims (Steel Beast)) They may need to find local logistical support in various regions and ship their product to the customer. There are a number of companies which can do this in North American. (If further assistance is needed, have someone shoot me an email and I will assist.)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 565
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 565 |
Thanks Rainer.
BTW to clarify my position, I prefer to purchase a "box", albeit from a retailer or the publisher like ESim. I'm not interested downloading a giga-file, ala rFactor.
gx007
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 1999
Posts: 18,786
No one of consequence Veteran
|
|
No one of consequence Veteran
Joined: Nov 1999
Posts: 18,786 |
Originally posted by Col. Sabot: I guess it's mute if they don't get a pub in the western markets. Did you mean... "moot"?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 4
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 4 |
I agree with Snip-n-Clip, not everyone has broadband either.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 1,836
Non-Indoctrinated Member
|
|
Non-Indoctrinated Member
Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 1,836 |
Just for fun - two screenshots from my current "pre-alpha" testversion, modded a bit with "The Gimp" (unsharp mask).... Belorussia, Summer 1944: ![[Linked Image]](http://halfevil.de/ww2scalemodeler/gallery/rainer_rohde/ww2-tank-sim/2006-09-30/tvst_005_bw.png)
PC: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz @ 4.6GHz | MSI GTX 980 4GB | ASUS Maximus VII Hero | G.SKILL Trident X Series 32GB RAM | 27" Acer Monitor (2560x1440) | 512GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit
Official VKB North America Sales & Support
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 1,836
Non-Indoctrinated Member
|
|
Non-Indoctrinated Member
Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 1,836 |
FYI... after some talk with Dmitry "Choock" Demenchoock, the producer of the TvsT, we came to the conclusion that external Testers are needed to assure a good quality sim and good quality gameplay. There will be only 10 testers needed, as Choock is looking for quality over quantity, and hopes that carefully selected people from the simulation-community will help to achieve this goal. When IDDK is ready to take on some external testers for this purpose, I will let you know. Please refrain from applying now, as that would not get you anywhere.... For now, just sit and wait. I will announce when IDDK is starting to open the testing phase.
PC: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz @ 4.6GHz | MSI GTX 980 4GB | ASUS Maximus VII Hero | G.SKILL Trident X Series 32GB RAM | 27" Acer Monitor (2560x1440) | 512GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit
Official VKB North America Sales & Support
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 4
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 4 |
"displaying different levels of damage" what does it mean? Will the damage on the tank be shown in any graphical interface, where you can see what�s damaged on the tank and how much damaged it is? Like it was represented in PE. Both internal and external damage interface/window. May be disabled for those who don�t want it.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 1,836
Non-Indoctrinated Member
|
|
Non-Indoctrinated Member
Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 1,836 |
AFIK, "displaying different levels of damage" means that there's a 3D graphical representation of the various damage levels.
From textures that emulate 'holes' made by round hitting the surface, as well as thrown tracks, flown off turrets, etc....
PC: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz @ 4.6GHz | MSI GTX 980 4GB | ASUS Maximus VII Hero | G.SKILL Trident X Series 32GB RAM | 27" Acer Monitor (2560x1440) | 512GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit
Official VKB North America Sales & Support
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,380
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,380 |
Rainer,
The recent T-34 screenshots look very nice (especially of the modeling of the tank crew commanders).
One thing I've noticed in all the pics of the sim till now, is the limited number of vehicles on the screen at any one time.....we don't see platoons and companies of vehicles moving in formation, but a few tanks here and there. Is this lack of unit density just a result of the working-up to the present build status, or is the game going reflect a more of limited almost "skirmish-like" action?
Of course individual platoons of AFVs could be found on the battlefield during WW2 (as inf. support, in mobile defensive actions, as outpost units or on recce patrols for example), but offensive doctrine dictated mass, and employment of armored assets by company and battalion formations (and larger).
Are we seeing a limitation in battlefield scope being demonstrated here in the previewed screenshots (as a reflection of CPU demands, or intended game design......or neither)?
Just wondering?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 1,836
Non-Indoctrinated Member
|
|
Non-Indoctrinated Member
Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 1,836 |
Well.. that is a very good question there, FlyRetired! In my current pre-alpha built, you never really alone on the battlefield. There are AI vehicles and there is AI infantery on the way, sometimes AI planes flying overhead, doing their thing. So it does feel "busy" enough, to say the least! My screenshot taking may be not showing this, but I am also under NDA and I really don't want to post images that violate this agreement. So I play it safe! On the other hand, official screenshots taken by the devs and the producers may show better what the current development status is... I am waiting on some new ones myself! But, mind you, the missions are currently being worked on, and, of course, gameplay must be adjusted and exhaustively tested. The sim is far from being done - hence the "pre-alpha status". Of course, there is always the limitation of resources, which is especially true for a graphically intense and environmental rich simulation like TvsT. So, there has to be a trade-off between gameplay quality and mass, and I am sure that the missions' gameplay will offer a nice enough compromise there. But, to answer your question, I am sure we will be closer to platoon level gameplay than battalion level. But how platoons are implemented and how much the player will be able to control platoons and other tanks I don't know... 
PC: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz @ 4.6GHz | MSI GTX 980 4GB | ASUS Maximus VII Hero | G.SKILL Trident X Series 32GB RAM | 27" Acer Monitor (2560x1440) | 512GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit
Official VKB North America Sales & Support
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
|
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
|
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|