SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,020
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,020
Likes: 66
The key word you used in your post Bong is “probably”. That’s all we can say now until it/when we have hard scientific evidence.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,627
Likes: 103
T
Senior Member
Senior Member
T Offline
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,627
Likes: 103
I think it would be ignorant to think we are alone in the universe given it’s infinite size and expanse.

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,020
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,020
Likes: 66
Originally Posted by Terl9999
I think it would be ignorant to think we are alone in the universe given it’s infinite size and expanse.


Funny because I would consider believing something exists when we have no solid scientific proof to back up such existence to be ignorant.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,627
Likes: 103
T
Senior Member
Senior Member
T Offline
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,627
Likes: 103
I can see and understand your point PM. Scientific proof would be the deciding factor but we can’t discount it. At this time our civilization doesn’t even know what we don’t know.

Last edited by Terl9999; 09/26/26 06:48 PM.
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 12,415
Likes: 12
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 12,415
Likes: 12
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
Originally Posted by Terl9999
I think it would be ignorant to think we are alone in the universe given it’s infinite size and expanse.


Funny because I would consider believing something exists when we have no solid scientific proof to back up such existence to be ignorant.

Far more mundane and easily proven secrets have been kept from the public.

And UAPs are the kind of secret that would be guarded at all costs.One of the guys who testified during theCongressional hearings on UAPs suggest that many people have been killed over the years to protect that secret.

Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,627
Likes: 103
T
Senior Member
Senior Member
T Offline
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,627
Likes: 103
I don’t doubt your assessment Crane. The government likes keeping information from our populace and will lie to make that happen. Everyday you can read something from our government and media about UAP’s or UFO’s that cannot be identified or explained, something is going on, you can’t deny that.

Last edited by Terl9999; 09/26/26 10:38 PM.
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,020
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,020
Likes: 66
Originally Posted by Crane Hunter
And UAPs are the kind of secret that would be guarded at all costs.One of the guys who testified during theCongressional hearings on UAPs suggest that many people have been killed over the years to protect that secret.

Were those people killed by someone named the Cigarette Smoking Man?


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,627
Likes: 103
T
Senior Member
Senior Member
T Offline
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,627
Likes: 103
Got the connection PM. The Cigarette Smoking Man is the primary villain in the American television series The X-Files. Once again I appreciate your sense of humor PM. Thanks.

Last edited by Terl9999; Yesterday at 03:04 AM.
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,020
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,020
Likes: 66
Originally Posted by Terl9999
Got the connection PM. The Cigarette Smoking Man is the primary villain in the American television series The X-Files. Once again I appreciate your sense of humor PM. Thanks.


Why does your post seem like it was AI generated?


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,061
Likes: 19
K
It's KRT not Kurt
Hotshot
It's KRT not Kurt
Hotshot
K Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,061
Likes: 19
I chose the wording "probably" on purpose because we can't be the only one, but then again someone would have be the first and I shudder to think that would be Us. And guarding a secret this big that even our Enemies wouldn't be willing to reveal (mostly because it may give them an upper hand and that would be kept secret) til being the one who finally reveals the Truth gets them some kind of leverage to, in the words of Brain, "Try to take over the World" or some such nonsense. If there is such knowledge, such mind blowing technical achievements to be gleaned, well that would be a secret too.
There is a program on Amazon about Area 51 and Bob Lazar that I found fascinating and anyone who wants to consider these things should watch it, I'd be interested to hear some of you comment on it after watching, it should definitely interest some of you and may even change some opinions.


Win 11 Pro
MSI B450M-A PRO MAX AM4 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6 GHz (4.25 GHz Max Boost) 95W Desktop Processor 16GB RAM
MSI GTX 1070 8Gb
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 3,910
Likes: 32
D
DM Offline
Senior Member
Senior Member
D Offline
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 3,910
Likes: 32
Ah, this thread smile

Is there life somewhere else? Almost certainly, anything that can happen once can certainly happen more than once, and the sheer numbers involved in our observable universe almost guarantees it, no matter the amount of unlikely dice-rolling.

intelligent life? Again, anything that happens once can happen more than once, just a matter of improbable dice-rolling upon already improbable dice-rolling. Life started here almost immediately, within like 500 million years or somesuch number ("immediately" is doing some work here smile ) but it took another, what, 3.5 billion years for anything above a single cell life to make an appearance. We can learn that once multi-cellular life appears then there is an explosion of lifeforms, but that initial dependency is a difficult step.
But even beyond that, intelligent life? How do we define that, technology I guess, looking at my news feed doesn't inspire me to think I can use another measure. Dinosaurs were around for a couple of hundred million years and never managed that, so it's not a shoe-in that just being around long enough and dominating leads to technology. We're evolved from tribal territorial apes (again, "evolved from" is doing a lot of work, quite obviously we're still very much there) and our tech is designed to protect and expand those ideas. But we think like warm-blooded apes, and maybe somewhere around the observable universe there are similar beings, but almost certainly not anywhere near us.

Every time I see an image of a "grey", or other alien, it's humanoid. Head with 2 yes, nose, mouth etc, on a neck connected to shoulders, 2 arms, 2 legs, the idea that almost identical body morphology can be regarded as a feature of alien life close enough to be able to visit us I find ridiculous quite frankly.

If I were to put money on it, then any proof of alien life will come from atmospheric spectral measurements from exoplanet observation. Not fighter pilots successfully tracking ducks, balloons, drones, and not the noise represented by fantasists telling amazing stories of humanoid aliens & their technology. IMO it is deliberate noise, so much noise, all around the whole topic. A great way to hide your double-secret weapon research.

Last edited by DM; Yesterday at 05:01 PM.

"They might look the same, but they don't taste the same."
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,627
Likes: 103
T
Senior Member
Senior Member
T Offline
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,627
Likes: 103
Where did you get that from PM ? I don’t use AI. Is your imagination AI ?

Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 4,582
Likes: 39
Motorius Emeritus
Senior Member
Motorius Emeritus
Senior Member
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 4,582
Likes: 39
I saw some documentary about Bob Lazar. What strikes me as odd about him is that he has no qualifications meriting his alleged involvement with the outfit he claims to have been part of. What’s more, his involvement, in his own words is that of someone who is shown and told a lot of things. His own contributions to the outfit are seemingly non-existent. I think he is a fraud.

That does not necessarily rule out that there are aliens.

If we look to our deep seas of this planet there are definitely some very alien looking creatures there.

Life is probably teeming out there, even in our own solar system but in this instance, I don’t think it has developed any culture or civilization that we would consider intelligent.

In our galaxy and others, I would be very surprised if life and civilization did not exist somewhere and at some point in time. But how many civilizations perish before they achieve any meaningful spaceflight capabilities? And is there any way of cheating the speed of light barrier? Natural disasters, self-inflicted disasters, or did they give up, and turned to virtual space, uploading their consciousness to escape physical death?

Or are we right now sharing the fabric of space and time with inter dimensional beings?

Have I been reading too much Science fiction? Probably.

Last edited by McGonigle; Yesterday at 07:38 PM.

Jens C. Lindblad


Sent from my Desktop
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,627
Likes: 103
T
Senior Member
Senior Member
T Offline
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,627
Likes: 103
Your not saying too much science fiction McGonigle, you just have an open mind.

Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,135
Likes: 190
F
Veteran
Veteran
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,135
Likes: 190
Originally Posted by McGonigle
I saw some documentary about Bob Lazar. What strikes me as odd about him is that he has no qualifications meriting his alleged involvement with the outfit he claims to have been part of. What’s more, his involvement, in his own words is that of someone who is shown and told a lot of things. His own contributions to the outfit are seemingly non-existent. I think he is a fraud..

Disclaimer: I'm not making a case for or against Lazar.

That said, part of the "conspiracy" is that Lazars employment/education background was partially erased (by the black suit guys, to discredit him). Evidence of his claimed employment at a job that would give some credence to his qualifications can't be found. But, to give credence to Lazars claim with respect to that job he has (or someone on his behalf) produced an old phone directory from the employer showing him listed. Or something to that effect, I don't recall the details I've only bits and pieces of his story here and there.

Even if its all made up, its a really good story. I don't think I've seen him caught changing his story, so its true or well rehearsed. And if its true, well it would be the story of the century.


US federal spending per person per year, in constant 2025 dollars:
1925 - $153.00
2025 - $20,497.00

"In the vast library of socialist books, there’s not a single volume on how to create wealth, only how to take and “redistribute” it.” - David Horowitz (RIP)

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." Thomas Sowell
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,061
Likes: 19
K
It's KRT not Kurt
Hotshot
It's KRT not Kurt
Hotshot
K Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,061
Likes: 19
Originally Posted by F4UDash4
Originally Posted by McGonigle
I saw some documentary about Bob Lazar. What strikes me as odd about him is that he has no qualifications meriting his alleged involvement with the outfit he claims to have been part of. What’s more, his involvement, in his own words is that of someone who is shown and told a lot of things. His own contributions to the outfit are seemingly non-existent. I think he is a fraud..

Disclaimer: I'm not making a case for or against Lazar.

That said, part of the "conspiracy" is that Lazars employment/education background was partially erased (by the black suit guys, to discredit him). Evidence of his claimed employment at a job that would give some credence to his qualifications can't be found. But, to give credence to Lazars claim with respect to that job he has (or someone on his behalf) produced an old phone directory from the employer showing him listed. Or something to that effect, I don't recall the details I've only bits and pieces of his story here and there.

Even if its all made up, its a really good story. I don't think I've seen him caught changing his story, so its true or well rehearsed. And if its true, well it would be the story of the century.
and there's the rub,
to what ends, and he has corroborating witnesses in the previously mentioned program who all say they were astounded by what they saw and he is not a person looking for attention. At one point in the show he says maybe I'm the A****le for exposing what I saw that I was told not to talk about. So I mean why would you as an otherwise intelligent thinking person risk your entire career to say you saw something that everyone says cannot exist if you didn't see it with your own eyes. I think there's some lines in the Bible about this


Win 11 Pro
MSI B450M-A PRO MAX AM4 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6 GHz (4.25 GHz Max Boost) 95W Desktop Processor 16GB RAM
MSI GTX 1070 8Gb
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,627
Likes: 103
T
Senior Member
Senior Member
T Offline
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,627
Likes: 103
I am 71 years old and I have never seen what I would consider a UFO / UAP and I have been overseas, many places in the US. Have any of you guys ever experienced a sighting of something you didn’t understand ? Even though I still smoke cigarettes, I am not the “ Cigarette Man “.

Last edited by Terl9999; 6 hours ago.
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 12,415
Likes: 12
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 12,415
Likes: 12
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
Were those people killed by someone named the Cigarette Smoking Man?

These days it might well be the Smoking Ma'am.

Case in point:


Report: Hillary Clinton considered drone attack on Julian Assange

https://www.fox7austin.com/news/report-hillary-clinton-considered-drone-attack-on-julian-assange.amp

Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,135
Likes: 190
F
Veteran
Veteran
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,135
Likes: 190
Originally Posted by Terl9999
I am 71 years old and I have never seen what I would consider a UFO / UAP and I have been overseas, many places in the US. Have any of you guys ever experienced a sighting of something you didn’t understand ? Even though I still smoke cigarettes, I am not the “ Cigarette Man “.


I have a friend who is a retired airline pilot, he flew for Janet airlines for a while. I asked him "Did you ever see any UFO's at Area 51" and he replied "Well I saw some things that flew that I couldn't identify" wink


US federal spending per person per year, in constant 2025 dollars:
1925 - $153.00
2025 - $20,497.00

"In the vast library of socialist books, there’s not a single volume on how to create wealth, only how to take and “redistribute” it.” - David Horowitz (RIP)

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." Thomas Sowell
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
"Problem occurred in connection"
by F4UDash4 - 09/14/26 01:41 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,070,005 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1