SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,460
Likes: 8
F
Me, just me.
Member
Me, just me.
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,460
Likes: 8
Success! It now works as intended! I had issues with the camera position, but it seems that the troop variant (still need some 3D work to sell it as a UAV) will work fine. I may have to do a ViV version like the one Sikorsky is pitching, but we'll see how I feel and how the users like the troop variant, and so on.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,460
Likes: 8
F
Me, just me.
Member
Me, just me.
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,460
Likes: 8
Okay not much is panning out or coming out of my imagination. I may bog down and barrel myself into Blender, as I need that M468 textured, so I can put it back in the Weapons Pack and have a functioning rifle. Problem is finding a texture artist to do the weapon properly, but I may look into it in the future, or not. It's not part of the pack right now, so I can be flexible with what I want to do, or not do with.

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,460
Likes: 8
F
Me, just me.
Member
Me, just me.
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,460
Likes: 8
Been busy this weekend for commitments and for my Mom, who is still with me. Anyway, the update is out and people will check out the UAS helo hopefully. I have no plans for a UCAV of sorts, and tried to bring in a Grey Hawk, as a friend was going to help me out but kinda dropped the ball. So I've largely dropped it, as I was going to give it for the 160th, since they operate them real-world. I don't know if I can make a similar drone by myself, I'm not real confident designing stuff, and the MQ-17 is alright I guess. Anyway, nothing planned unless something happens between now and then, but I'm sure to find something, like maybe fixing the muzzleflash on the DSHKA, since I figured that most players wouldn't be firing it, but we'll see this week.

Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,641
Likes: 103
T
Senior Member
Senior Member
T Offline
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,641
Likes: 103
Good on you Flanker352 for taking care of your Mom as a priority. That comes first, after all today is Mother’s Day. Thanks your hard work Sir !

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,460
Likes: 8
F
Me, just me.
Member
Me, just me.
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,460
Likes: 8
Okay thanks to Null045 I fixed the issue for the MQ17. That now lifts without issues (just a simple Geometry LOD fix). I gave the UAS more lifting ability, I inherited and didn't complete the config entry to fit the original helicopter's capabilities, which will be present this Sunday. I managed to get the muzzleflash for the DSHKM working, so that's done, might need to make a bigger one, I don't know, I don't see many people using it, and adjusted the LOD values so you can see it at least 40m away, which is good for hunting it and such for missions. Other than that Ineed to fix some things on the MG, but that's so far this week for mods.

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,460
Likes: 8
F
Me, just me.
Member
Me, just me.
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,460
Likes: 8
Originally Posted by Terl9999
Good on you Flanker352 for taking care of your Mom as a priority. That comes first, after all today is Mother’s Day. Thanks your hard work Sir !

Yeah she's still with me, so I just do what I can to see her, even though we talk by phone (mainly texts) every day, so it was more or less a formality and such.

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,460
Likes: 8
F
Me, just me.
Member
Me, just me.
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,460
Likes: 8
Due to a player request (and something I needed to do anyway, which I forgot about), the turret assembly on the MQ-17 is functional now, and uses a laser designator too. Also, I increased the pylon weight limit, so now you can use, at a minimum, the gun pod from the A-143 Buzzard, yeah, that 20mm gun pod. It looks kinda funky, but it looks okay on the drone, so why not?

So this Sunday:
- Flanker562 Helicopter Pack
- Flanker562 Taliban Fighters

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,460
Likes: 8
F
Me, just me.
Member
Me, just me.
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,460
Likes: 8
Okay got a weirdish request for a standalone MQ-17. Right now it's done, had nothing else going on, but overall it's just all of the variants in the Helicopter Pack, just it's own mod. I don't know if I want to remove the MQ-17 from the Helicopter pack, for duplicate work, but I did find some stuff that I need to clean up in the Helicopter Pack though, but that's just a minor edit. The second thing is that if I tell you I'm not interested, don't keep persisting. Somebody in my DMs wanted some commissioned work to do for me, and frankly I'm not in the need for it. I got enough on my plate, and No means No. So I blocked him and moved on. People just don't accept that people don't always need. Anyway for Sunday:

- Flanker562 MQ-17
- Flanker562 Helicopter Pack
- Flanker562 Taliban Fighters

I still gotta look iinto a more pronounced muzzle flash though for the DSHKM

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,460
Likes: 8
F
Me, just me.
Member
Me, just me.
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,460
Likes: 8
Okay, while after some plinking on a course for A3, I wondered if civilians have HMDs, and they do. Not going to mean much for players, but the S-70/94/94Us will have the basic military (I don't know what it looks like so I'll just default to that for now) HMD system, since, well, I don't know anybody (TOLINO or whoever the guy is) isn't available, I need to do some research, but it's easier to code the milispec ones due to ease of configging it. So I'll do that, and so on for Sunday.

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,460
Likes: 8
F
Me, just me.
Member
Me, just me.
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,460
Likes: 8
Okay, due to a DM conversation, I adjusted the RCS (radar cross section) of the MQ-17, making it easier per the MQ-12 RCS values. The dual rotors look cool, but are radar-friendly, so that was increased a bit from the current value (was 0.3, now 0.85). Did some fixes, and either it's you good people bringing up issues, or gameplay that finds the errors. I want to thank those who help fix and improve the mods I make. I appreciate you. I also did a pass on all the helicopters for the Flanker562 Helicopter Pack, and I have adjusted or added Radar and Visual values that should enhance gameplay for next Sunday. I should go over the other helicopters, too, though, so we'll see. Updates for next Sunday:

- Flanker562 Helicopter Pack
- Flanker562 MQ-17

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,460
Likes: 8
F
Me, just me.
Member
Me, just me.
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,460
Likes: 8
Did some fixing with the Flanker562 Taliban Fighters, fixing the name of the bag that the DSHKM assembles/disassembles to. Also gave the UA-57 the ability to be broken down into two backpacks, and is also loaded into the TF562 Offroad and GMVs, with one system per vehicle. Not much else so far, but yeah, going to get that out Sunday, so this Sunday:

- Flanker562 Helicopter Pack
- Flanker562 MQ-17
- Flanker562 Taliban Fighters

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,460
Likes: 8
F
Me, just me.
Member
Me, just me.
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,460
Likes: 8
Okay previously I thought the DSHKM had the ability to be broken down, but it didn't have that ability. I fixed it after completing the Sentry Gun, and now it can be assembled and disassembled for gameplay. Now that's completed, I got some more stuff probably on the way, just gotta figure out what's next to work on.

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,460
Likes: 8
F
Me, just me.
Member
Me, just me.
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,460
Likes: 8
Also I noticed a slight change in how the Nyx at least engaged me one day. I was able to get out of its "visibility" cone and, more or less, not get shot at as much as I used to or locked onto, so the values do help in the new configs. Right now, I have moved some files, and the NVGs are condensed into the "160th_NVG" PBO, so there's a little less need to include them in the UH-60_c. Not much reason to keep it in the 60_c folder anyway, since it's stuff people have seen, so GitHub will reflect that. As for UA-57, I moved it from the 160th to Task Force 562, where it seems more appropriate than in an aerial unit. True, you can add it anyway, and might do that to the vehicles that they have, or not, but they're more support than combat. Usually the unit will have a secure place, unless it's a FARP.

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,460
Likes: 8
F
Me, just me.
Member
Me, just me.
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,460
Likes: 8
Also this came to mind sometime, but I managed to increase the rounds for the 30mm in the Wipeout. It's for the Flanker562 Wipeout pack, but overall it increases the rounds from 1000 to 1350, so some pilots will probably appreciate it.

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,460
Likes: 8
F
Me, just me.
Member
Me, just me.
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,460
Likes: 8
Found an issue with the Cherokee Containers, so I fixed that (path was wrong), so then I got this to upload Sunday:

- Flanker562 Cherokee Containers
- Flanker562 MQ-17
- Flanker562 Taliban Fighters
- Flanker562 Helicopter Pack

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,460
Likes: 8
F
Me, just me.
Member
Me, just me.
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,460
Likes: 8
Okay well family plans fell through AFTER I uploaded, so yeah you all got a free day ahead of schedule. I may add the M134s from the Helicopter Pack to the "standalone" MQ-17. I'm looking at nothing planned, but then again player requests and other bugs might come up, as right now I'm probably in a good spot to not work on it, but needless to say things will come up, and I'll work on *something* this week. Next week will be a Sunday upload, unless of course things happen, and I'll adjust.

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,460
Likes: 8
F
Me, just me.
Member
Me, just me.
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,460
Likes: 8
Taking it easy this weekend, and I'n starting to do that, kinda walking away from people. I don't really like playing with people as much as I used to back in the day, and the group I normally play with, well, we're kinda not playing together, but if Star Citizen gets to a point, then we'll start playing. Anyway, I did some research on the CIA stuff during GWOT and don't have a good Hilux to maybe port. I know CUP has one, and thought of just using the Offroad (it's free) as the basis for the NTSV (Non-standard tactical vehicle. Why the acronym is different, I don't know, as the Director of the CIA, and have the .50-cal version and the unarmed ones. I may make the colors for the unarmed one the civilian instead of the Guerrilla tactical paint. But if anybody knows, well, okay let me know. Anyway, the vehicles have full datalink, and some basic stuff to survive, and an LMG backpack for the LMG gunner. Other than that not much has been thought of, but that's for next Sunday.

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,460
Likes: 8
F
Me, just me.
Member
Me, just me.
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,460
Likes: 8
It's Memorial Day here in the US so things are kinda chill today. Had the inkling while playing a mission by myself that the RPG-7 ammo in my Weapon Pack can't be used by the BIS RPG-7, so I fixed that. Overall today I want to take it easy and be left alone, kinda one of those days of retrospection and whatnot, not so much doing things to work on mods today. Anyway for Sunday:

- Flanker562 Weapons Pack
- Flanker562 Taliban Fighters

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,460
Likes: 8
F
Me, just me.
Member
Me, just me.
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,460
Likes: 8
My observance for Memorial Day is pretty much over with, so it's time to move on to other things. I'm trying (I forgot to talk to him) with Quiggs on getting the aibility to remove/show a holosight on the M134s. Right now I';m looking to put it on the MH-92 (Insertion/Sniper) and maybe the vanilla UH-92s. Right now though, I still need to get the code and stuff, so it can be hidden/shown for preference. I think the way it's setup now it's for both M134s, and not a single preference due to how the proxies are setup for the time being. More to follow when I get further into it.

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,460
Likes: 8
F
Me, just me.
Member
Me, just me.
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,460
Likes: 8
Okay, after a little bit, I managed to get the hideable EOTechs working again, thanks to Quiggs for taking the time to help out with this. RHS did it on their helos and felt it would work for mine, at least for the MH-92 (Insertion/Sniper) helos. This is a test case, to see if players want it on the MH-60M or not, but I figured the EOTechs would be a nice addition to the mix for those who want more of a holographic sight for the M134s. That's going to show up Sunday of course. So:

- Flanker562 Helicopter Pack
- Flanker562 Weapons Pack
- Flanker562 Taliban Fighters

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,071,403 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1