SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 103 of 107 1 2 … 101 102 103 104 105 106 107
DBond #4677449 03/16/26 10:31 PM
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,099
Likes: 80
Strategerizer
Veteran
Strategerizer
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,099
Likes: 80
I'm enjoying the racing in the new regs despite myself. If I don't think too hard about it, then it's good The on track action is great and ultimately that's what is needed. I wish it was with different types of cars, but I think the current ones are at least delivering fun races.

Lewis is rejuvenated and I'll be the first to hold my hand up as thinking he was past it, but so far he's been excellent and has had the measure of Leclerc, and after last year I never would have envisioned this. So fair play to him. Their battle all season should be fantastic, and they both are reveling in it. It's good natured, hard racing and that is the stuff. It will come to tears now and then, but it's way better than being told to hold position by the pitwall. More of this please (although it's murder when you have Fez in fantasy)

It's all so chaotic and that's what I love, personally. Messy starts, retirements, contact, passes, spins, offs, unpredictable order and points on offer for everyone. Even Cadillac wasn't far outside the points in China. And by the way I want to make mention of Cadillac. Towriss was talking a big game in the winter, when I thought it would be better to talk less and be more humble. And sure, they are way off the pace, using the same engine and suspension in the fast Ferrari. But they got their cars to the grid in all three events so far, and have had just one retirement so far. Many big teams cannot say that, even at this early juncture. In China, Cadillac got both cars to the flag and that's another milestone checked off the list. Not that long ago we witnessed a number of start-ups in F1, and each of them fell out within a year or three. This is a difficult game. But what I like from this team is sense of professionalism and can-do spirit. With serious backing and perfect timing on their partnership with Ferrari, they are in the best position for a new team since I can recall. Since Brawn probably. The cars look great, at least I dig the flipped paint. their driver choices were never going to light up the time sheet I don't think, but they are sage hands and have gobs of experience, at a number of top teams. It's just such a smart move, and should pay off with a faster ascent. It's easy to forget that Perez has been racing since Timo Glock and Nick Heidfeld were racing in F1. That's a long time. 2011. Of course there are two drivers still on the grid with even longer careers, but they both have seats already ha. I like Cadillac. They are plucky, committed and are embracing the back row. Now, I'd like to see them nick a point somewhere to reward the team for all the work it took just to arrive on the grid as the slowest team in a long time.

Fantasy, yeah thanks loop. I did indeed think outside the box, but it didn't pay off as much as I had hoped, but still the highest week out of all of us. Hopefully it keeps going. I reckoned that at this stage, Merc and Fez are so clearly in a class of their own that it was a smart play. If there were four teams in the mix it wouldn't be so simple. Let's see how it goes


To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
Inline advert (4th to 5th topic)

DBond #4677450 03/16/26 10:58 PM
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,099
Likes: 80
Strategerizer
Veteran
Strategerizer
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,099
Likes: 80
Oh, and Colapinto scored, and if that isn't the definition of chaotic, I don't know what is!


To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
DBond #4677487 03/17/26 05:57 PM
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 4,490
Likes: 46
R
Senior Member
Senior Member
R Online: Content
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 4,490
Likes: 46
I trust Andretti, and can't wait to have one or two US drivers on the grid.

If HAAS survived, Cadillac can !

DBond #4677947 03/29/26 08:50 AM
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 4,490
Likes: 46
R
Senior Member
Senior Member
R Online: Content
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 4,490
Likes: 46
Man, what a cool race in Japan !

It's a threeway now between Mc Laren, Mercs and Fez, plus an open ended fight in both Mercs and Fez between team mates. Hadjar had quite a good season start against Verstappen, Alpines put up a good fight, Racing Bulls too.

Simply lovely !!!!

Fantasy wise, I had to copy Dbond's clever tactic because it seemed way too efficient to be ignored, and the rest will be down to luck in who will get the most DNFs, today Bearman hurt me.

DBond #4677978 03/30/26 12:07 PM
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,099
Likes: 80
Strategerizer
Veteran
Strategerizer
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,099
Likes: 80
Yes, finally a retirement with a car not on my team! That was the difference. It's still pretty tight between the three of us as Wigean has had a slow start but don't count him out.

The race was good I reckon. Long break now because of the war in the Middle East. I wish they could have just swapped venues, and maybe to tracks we had not seen in a long time. But we will have a long break instead.


To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
DBond #4679481 05/03/26 12:30 PM
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,099
Likes: 80
Strategerizer
Veteran
Strategerizer
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,099
Likes: 80
Back at it boys.

Interesting action so far at Miami, with the tweaked regs. The sprint was sort of like what we had last year, all of the overtakes of this year were gone, but qualifying was better.

And then grand prix qualifying happened and it was like I was watching a different season. All of it felt unpredictable, and not like the previous sessions, SQ and the sprint. What it all means for the grand prix I have no idea.

The war-enforced break was bad, but now it looks like a blessing in disguise as suddenly four teams are in it to win it.

In fantasy having Audi drivers bit me once again, they flatter to deceive with their reliability issues and it cost me another DNF. Swapping in McLaren felt smart (but then suddenly not so much in GP quali), as loop thought as well, but whether to drop Fez or Merc to do it was a toss up. I swapped Lindblad for Hadjar as Red Bull look better, and then during the sprint I was trying to remember which Racing Bulls driver I dropped and afterwards was relieved to see it was Lawson I had kept or that would have been another DNF.

Congrats to Wigean who scored the most points of anyone in the Sprint.

The race has been moved forward three hours to try and avoid the predicted late afternoon thunderstorms. US law requires an event like this to be suspended if lightning is in the area so let's hope they get it in. The tweaks to the harvesting and deployment seem to have reduced overtaking, not such an offset now. But I still expect a good race. Miami gets a lot of stick for the 'plastic' vibe it puts off at times, but I think the track is excellent. There are several tricky corners or corner complexes and grip can be low on exit, especially the final corner. It's a favorite of mine to drive. It all feels so unpredictable today, and that's fun.


To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
DBond #4679515 05/04/26 03:42 AM
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 4,490
Likes: 46
R
Senior Member
Senior Member
R Online: Content
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 4,490
Likes: 46
Well nice race highlights.

Poor Leclerc frown

DBond #4679533 05/04/26 06:50 PM
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 4,490
Likes: 46
R
Senior Member
Senior Member
R Online: Content
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 4,490
Likes: 46
I have to add Colapinto now shows he is worth is place, the Alpine car is better and they both perform correctly.

I'm scared of Kimi's performance, if he continues it will be very hard to contest him, all this with very bad starts !

I hope Mc Laren will get a few victories and Charles gets a few podiums, we could then have a very nice championship.

Small hopes though...

DBond #4679538 05/04/26 10:55 PM
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,099
Likes: 80
Strategerizer
Veteran
Strategerizer
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,099
Likes: 80
I thought the race was good, if I were a neutral I certainly would have.

Kimi is really surprising me with his raw pace, which we knew he had, but he lays it down lap after lap and has won three on the bounce. George must be thinking what the fook. He finally has a title-worthy car and his understudy is smoking him every race.

It's fantasy that kills me. I had to watch that entire race with four cars retired and all four on my team. With no skin in that game I would have enjoyed this race entirely smile


To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
DBond #4679542 05/05/26 01:09 AM
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 4,490
Likes: 46
R
Senior Member
Senior Member
R Online: Content
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 4,490
Likes: 46
Yeah you've been quite unlucky again !

Better luck next race cheers

DBond #4680131 05/18/26 06:25 PM
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 4,490
Likes: 46
R
Senior Member
Senior Member
R Online: Content
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 4,490
Likes: 46
Verstappen did crazy overtakes at VLN24, check youtube if u haven't yet.

DBond #4680132 05/18/26 06:26 PM
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 4,490
Likes: 46
R
Senior Member
Senior Member
R Online: Content
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 4,490
Likes: 46
I'm happy he didn't win.

It means he'll come back, and we'll see more epic moves !

DBond #4680164 05/19/26 11:59 AM
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,099
Likes: 80
Strategerizer
Veteran
Strategerizer
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,099
Likes: 80
I haven't seen it.

It just so happens that there is a GT3 competition at Nordschleife in RR this round, so we can duplicate Max's efforts ha. Although it isn't on NLS this time around.

Canada this weekend as we return to action


To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
DBond #4680201 05/19/26 10:49 PM
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 4,490
Likes: 46
R
Senior Member
Senior Member
R Online: Content
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 4,490
Likes: 46
I am to travel Sunday sadly, but still hyped smile

DBond #4680446 05/24/26 01:22 AM
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,099
Likes: 80
Strategerizer
Veteran
Strategerizer
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,099
Likes: 80
Aside from Antonelli's bravery/foolishness the sprint was too processional. Maybe too power hungry around here for this shade of the regs. That's the problem with all this electric and energy stuff. It's turning in to a BoP thing and they'll be changing all the limits to boost, and harvesting and deployment for each track to put on a good show. Well I guess they can't do that, and then you get races like the sprint.

Antonelli is showing no fear or any sign of intimidation by his more seasoned and successful teammate. That was 2017 Max Verstappen.


To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
DBond #4680473 05/24/26 07:10 PM
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 4,582
Likes: 39
Motorius Emeritus
Senior Member
Motorius Emeritus
Senior Member
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 4,582
Likes: 39
That was Antonelli Unhinged. Imo, he needs a serious reprimand for driving like a frustrated teenager on a console game. And then his moaning about being cut off. Toto probably set him right once Antonelli was in garage and off radio.

Last edited by McGonigle; 05/24/26 07:12 PM.

Jens C. Lindblad


Sent from my Desktop
DBond #4680484 05/24/26 11:13 PM
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,099
Likes: 80
Strategerizer
Veteran
Strategerizer
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,099
Likes: 80
Good race I enjoyed that. The battle between the Mercs was epic, too bad that couldn't have played out longer.


To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
DBond #4680485 05/24/26 11:54 PM
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,647
Likes: 103
T
Senior Member
Senior Member
T Online: Content
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,647
Likes: 103
Found a demo for Forza Horizon 6. I don’t have a real steering or foot brakes setup like you, just a joystick. Ran ok on my PC but a joystick doesn’t cut it for driving, Beautiful graphics and modeling of the cars though. I am 71 years old so my dexterity and articulation of movement is not what it used to be, so to me racing sims are for you younger guys, but I gave it a try. Still love seeing the posts, read them all, love the screen shots.

DBond #4680504 05/25/26 06:34 AM
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 4,582
Likes: 39
Motorius Emeritus
Senior Member
Motorius Emeritus
Senior Member
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 4,582
Likes: 39
It's never too late to pick a new hobby Terl. I'm no spring chicken either but I do believe that training my memory, eye-hand-feet coordination, my reflexes and the mental acuity is beneficial beyond the the relaxation and enjoyment to be had by this hobby. it is not even necessary to be fast though once you start feeling the slip angle, the fun really takes off.


Jens C. Lindblad


Sent from my Desktop
DBond #4680513 05/25/26 12:14 PM
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,099
Likes: 80
Strategerizer
Veteran
Strategerizer
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,099
Likes: 80
I played the hell out of Forza 5, but had to stop when I went direct drive as it didn't work. I could have used a controller but I had a brand new DD rig and yeah, that won't do. If FH6 supports DD I'll pick it up. Forza is fun.

And you shouldn't judge your potential on your first attempt at it. You're certain to get better and faster with more time in the saddle. If you're not in to it that's cool, but don't let the first results put you off. We would love to have you join us, but I get it if you decline to pursue sim racing.


To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
Page 103 of 107 1 2 … 101 102 103 104 105 106 107

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,075,208 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1