SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Hop To
Page 426 of 442 1 2 … 424 425 426 427 428 … 441 442
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,139
Likes: 190
F
Veteran
Veteran
F Online: Cool
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,139
Likes: 190
Originally Posted by oldgrognard
I’ve been watching Clarksons Farm. I loved Top Gear and seeing Jeremy Clarkson again got me to watch. Then I got interested as I watched. I found it entertaining and informative. While it. Is reality tv with the attendant contrived situations, I have learned some interesting things like moisture content in the harvest grain and tram lines planting the fields. I also found the watching of how the different tractor attachments work. His exasperation with all the laws/rules/regulations was amusing. I’m sure some of it was for effect.

If you haven’t watched, give it a try.

Love it! Having been raised on a US farm in the 60-70's some of the things he has to put up with are jaw dropping to me.


US federal spending per person per year, in constant 2025 dollars:
1925 - $153.00
2025 - $20,497.00

"In the vast library of socialist books, there’s not a single volume on how to create wealth, only how to take and “redistribute” it.” - David Horowitz (RIP)

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." Thomas Sowell
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,139
Likes: 190
F
Veteran
Veteran
F Online: Cool
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,139
Likes: 190


US federal spending per person per year, in constant 2025 dollars:
1925 - $153.00
2025 - $20,497.00

"In the vast library of socialist books, there’s not a single volume on how to create wealth, only how to take and “redistribute” it.” - David Horowitz (RIP)

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." Thomas Sowell
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,322
Likes: 19
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,322
Likes: 19
Thanks for the info, F4.

[Linked Image]

A New Hope for NO more check the boxes junk in future Star Wars movies and streaming series like this trash

[Linked Image]

Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 12,415
Likes: 12
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 12,415
Likes: 12
Wrath of Man (2021)


Jason Statham plays Jason Statham, kills dudes.

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,022
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,022
Likes: 66
Originally Posted by Crane Hunter
Wrath of Man (2021)


Jason Statham plays Jason Statham, kills dudes.


Can’t blame the typecast. I’m sure the paychecks are nice!


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 11,933
Likes: 141
C
Administrator
Veteran
Administrator
Veteran
C Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 11,933
Likes: 141
Originally Posted by NoFlyBoy
The 2 hours premiere dropped tonight.

...

A couple of lengthier reviews. One somewhat positive, one negative (some spoilers included):

Star Trek: Starfleet Academy tries something different, and I don’t hate it

I (Almost) Watched Starfleet Academy So You Don’t Have To


"praemonitus, praemunitus"
"We in America have no interest in being polite and orderly caretakers of the West’s managed decline." - Secretary of State Marco Rubio
[Linked Image]
What we agreed to abide by in these forums!
CB's Tips for Potentially Contentious Forum Discussions
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,139
Likes: 190
F
Veteran
Veteran
F Online: Cool
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,139
Likes: 190
I have no interest based on all I have heard and read....



US federal spending per person per year, in constant 2025 dollars:
1925 - $153.00
2025 - $20,497.00

"In the vast library of socialist books, there’s not a single volume on how to create wealth, only how to take and “redistribute” it.” - David Horowitz (RIP)

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." Thomas Sowell
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 12,415
Likes: 12
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 12,415
Likes: 12
The Running Man (2025)

The 1987 original was better even if this one stuck closer to the Stephen King book it was based on.

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,022
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,022
Likes: 66
Originally Posted by Crane Hunter
The Running Man (2025)

The 1987 original was better even if this one stuck closer to the Stephen King book it was based on.



The remake from last year turned out to be a totally wasted effort. It was largely panned by critics and it was a financial flop.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,322
Likes: 19
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,322
Likes: 19
Finally got to watch Armageddon.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120591/

So Exciting! So Thrilling!

Who cares that

Quote
NASA shows this film during their management training program. New managers are given the task of trying to spot as many errors as possible. At least 168 have been found.

I Enjoyed It!

This is awesome and inspiring.


Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,627
Likes: 103
T
Senior Member
Senior Member
T Online: Content
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,627
Likes: 103
New Star Trek series flopped, Armageddon was a good movie.

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,022
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,022
Likes: 66
What worked in Armageddon was the casting. That cast had great chemistry. As far as the plot goes? Just leave your brain at the front door and you’ll be fine.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,322
Likes: 19
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,322
Likes: 19
The first 3 episodes dropped last night

I was planning to hard pass but I sat down and watched the first episode .

When the 5 minutes precredit scene was over, we were WOWED!

We watched all 3 episodes one after another.

8 more episodes each Wednesday til March.

[Linked Image]

Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 12,415
Likes: 12
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 12,415
Likes: 12
Originally Posted by NoFlyBoy
Thanks for the info, F4.

[Linked Image]

A New Hope for NO more check the boxes junk in future Star Wars movies and streaming series like this trash

[Linked Image]


Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,322
Likes: 19
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,322
Likes: 19
So wrong!! ^^^

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,022
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,022
Likes: 66
I never saw it but I heard that “The Acolyte” was chock full of woke nonsense.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,322
Likes: 19
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,322
Likes: 19
I watched all first 4 episodes of The Night Manager season 2.

I was afraid it won't be as good as the first season because 10 years have passed.

I was wrong.

WOW!

2 episodes left!

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010
Likes: 47
M
Veteran
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010
Likes: 47
I just finished "The Last Kingdom."

Wow.

I'm speechless. This was the best show I've seen in two or three years, easily. I did not want the series to end. I'm sad. I want more Utred, the ultimate medieval badass good guy.


I may change my mind, but because I'm wanting to already watch the series again, until I solidify a better rating, I must give this show four out of four stars. Tops. Better than Vikings, on par with Game of Thrones, but in different ways.

The character development wasn't as strong for a lot of the secondary characters, however the plot was interesting, the medieval battles and fight scenes are easily the best ever choreographed for film. They are brutal, dirty, muddy, bloody, you feel the pain and agony of the warriors as they trade blows and fight for their lives. Honestly there's not even many movies that have done medieval battles better than this show, and they did not lean on CGI, at all.

If you want top tier television, you cannot go wrong.

[Linked Image]


I am now despondent and torn. I know not what to watch next, that is a minimum of five seasons long. The odds of finding anything close to this good are low.

Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,627
Likes: 103
T
Senior Member
Senior Member
T Online: Content
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,627
Likes: 103
Watching “ Bar Rescue “. Really like that show with Jon Taffer, especially the mixologists he brings on as his experts. Love looking at Lisa Marie Joyce and Mia Mastroianni. Taffer is real, pulls no punches and tells it like it is.

Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,322
Likes: 19
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,322
Likes: 19
Invest time to watch 6 episodes of The Night Manager S2 and there is no end.

Will it be a 10 years wait again for the next season?

Page 426 of 442 1 2 … 424 425 426 427 428 … 441 442

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,070,363 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1