SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Hop To
Page 421 of 442 1 2 … 419 420 421 422 423 … 441 442
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,026
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,026
Likes: 66
Vince Gilligan was one of the top writers and later producers on the X-Files. I never did watch Breaking Bad though. It's just not my cup of tea. smile


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,325
Likes: 19
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,325
Likes: 19
Watch episode 3 of Pluribus. I cannot explain it but now I want more. Episode 4 this Friday.

I want to know how they film this.

I might call them and ask them https://www.sprouts.com/contact/

(YouTube contains Spoilers)


Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 953
Likes: 26
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 953
Likes: 26
Two recent, Hunt for Red October (for the gazillionth time I'm sure) and um...K-Pop Demon Hunters

and it was great lol. tuner




I'll just get my coat...


Currently simming;
GHPC, Tank Squad, Panzer Elite, and one train sim: Run 8.
Trying to escape Tarkov, and roaming around in Incursion' Red River.

Also, Strat-O-Matic basketball season replay 2024 NBA season (Go Raptors! table-top version...with real dice) Gimme da rock!

"Once again we have failed to die."-- old naval toast
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,026
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,026
Likes: 66
One thing that has always surprised me about Hunt for Red October was the casting of Tim Curry. Great actor but I’ve always associated him with comedic roles.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,145
Likes: 190
F
Veteran
Veteran
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,145
Likes: 190
My wife got me to watch "Blue Beetle" from 2023


UGH

Very slow in getting started, figuring out what it was all about, who would become the superhero when exposed to "whatever" as always happens in these things, multiple interpersonal family scenes that add nothing before the "Peter Parker gets bit by the spider" moment. I almost fell asleep. And the opening graphics, color palette etc looked like a cheap knock off of a Marvel movie opening.

But what really annoyed me was the constant social commentary throughout. Typical "evil military" and "evil corporation" theme that Hollyweird loves. The title characters grandmother was apparently a Castro revolutionary as her skills with a gun and planning ops was revealed, plus her impulsively screaming "take that imperialists" in one scene as she fired a comically huge "mini gun like" automatic weapon. But I have to wonder why she left Cuba? Mmmmmm... Another scene had some Reagan commentary, F-4 Phantoms napalming South American villages etc. Very heavy handed with the agenda.

Thankfully no more of them will be made.


US federal spending per person per year, in constant 2025 dollars:
1925 - $153.00
2025 - $20,497.00

"In the vast library of socialist books, there’s not a single volume on how to create wealth, only how to take and “redistribute” it.” - David Horowitz (RIP)

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." Thomas Sowell
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,026
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,026
Likes: 66
Blue Beetle was a big box office flop. Go woke, go broke.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,145
Likes: 190
F
Veteran
Veteran
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,145
Likes: 190
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
Blue Beetle was a big box office flop. Go woke, go broke.

When I checked the box office results after watching I was surprised it did as well as it did


US federal spending per person per year, in constant 2025 dollars:
1925 - $153.00
2025 - $20,497.00

"In the vast library of socialist books, there’s not a single volume on how to create wealth, only how to take and “redistribute” it.” - David Horowitz (RIP)

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." Thomas Sowell
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,026
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,026
Likes: 66
Originally Posted by F4UDash4
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
Blue Beetle was a big box office flop. Go woke, go broke.

When I checked the box office results after watching I was surprised it did as well as it did


Yeah it was not a colossal flop like John Carter but it was still a money loser for Warner Brothers.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,145
Likes: 190
F
Veteran
Veteran
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,145
Likes: 190
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
Originally Posted by F4UDash4
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
Blue Beetle was a big box office flop. Go woke, go broke.

When I checked the box office results after watching I was surprised it did as well as it did


Yeah it was not a colossal flop like John Carter but it was still a money loser for Warner Brothers.

And John Carter was a MUCH better movie, I've watched it 2-3 times since seeing it in the theater. Let down by terrible promotion... and they should have left "of Mars" in the title.


US federal spending per person per year, in constant 2025 dollars:
1925 - $153.00
2025 - $20,497.00

"In the vast library of socialist books, there’s not a single volume on how to create wealth, only how to take and “redistribute” it.” - David Horowitz (RIP)

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." Thomas Sowell
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,145
Likes: 190
F
Veteran
Veteran
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,145
Likes: 190
Wife and I watched "Radio" this evening. Had never seen it before, even though the events depicted happened practically in our backyard, while I was attending one of the rival schools (Easley High) to Radios' TL Hanna (a couple of the games depicted in the movie were of TL Hanna vs Easley... kinda cool to see). I only vaguely recall hearing mention of Radio back in the day. We actually had at the time a similar situation in Easley, a mentally challenged man who attended all Easley games, pep rallies etc and was sort of a mascot.

I thought it was a great, touching movie. Sort of shocked to learn it was not highly thought of by the critics. But what do they know anyway.


US federal spending per person per year, in constant 2025 dollars:
1925 - $153.00
2025 - $20,497.00

"In the vast library of socialist books, there’s not a single volume on how to create wealth, only how to take and “redistribute” it.” - David Horowitz (RIP)

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." Thomas Sowell
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,325
Likes: 19
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,325
Likes: 19
Just watch the last episode of Last Samurai Ending.

I wanted to see him make it to Tokyo. win the money and save his wife and son.

Now we have to wait?

Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,646
Likes: 103
T
Senior Member
Senior Member
T Offline
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,646
Likes: 103
Good for you NFB for watching new stuff, as for me watching old stuff...Interstellar. I am pitiful.

Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,325
Likes: 19
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,325
Likes: 19

Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 11,935
Likes: 141
C
Administrator
Veteran
Administrator
Veteran
C Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 11,935
Likes: 141
Originally Posted by NoFlyBoy
Just watch the last episode of Last Samurai Ending.

I wanted to see him make it to Tokyo. win the money and save his wife and son.

Now we have to wait?

Of course. It could easily go two more seasons.


"praemonitus, praemunitus"
"We in America have no interest in being polite and orderly caretakers of the West’s managed decline." - Secretary of State Marco Rubio
[Linked Image]
What we agreed to abide by in these forums!
CB's Tips for Potentially Contentious Forum Discussions
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,026
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,026
Likes: 66
Originally Posted by F4UDash4
And John Carter was a MUCH better movie, I've watched it 2-3 times since seeing it in the theater. Let down by terrible promotion... and they should have left "of Mars" in the title.

To be totally honest, I also had no clue what "John Carter" was about when I first heard about it. I agree that the marketing was poorly done but usually that happens when the studio execs watch the movie and don't like it and thus decide not to market it.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,145
Likes: 190
F
Veteran
Veteran
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,145
Likes: 190
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
I agree that the marketing was poorly done but usually that happens when the studio execs watch the movie and don't like it and thus decide not to market it.


Also known as shooting oneself in the foot.


US federal spending per person per year, in constant 2025 dollars:
1925 - $153.00
2025 - $20,497.00

"In the vast library of socialist books, there’s not a single volume on how to create wealth, only how to take and “redistribute” it.” - David Horowitz (RIP)

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." Thomas Sowell
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 953
Likes: 26
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 953
Likes: 26
I had no idea John Carter was the John Carter of Mars (Edgar Rice Burroughs) story(s). I had wrongly assumed it was a rip off of the John Wick style movies. Shows what I pay attention to lol.


Currently simming;
GHPC, Tank Squad, Panzer Elite, and one train sim: Run 8.
Trying to escape Tarkov, and roaming around in Incursion' Red River.

Also, Strat-O-Matic basketball season replay 2024 NBA season (Go Raptors! table-top version...with real dice) Gimme da rock!

"Once again we have failed to die."-- old naval toast
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,145
Likes: 190
F
Veteran
Veteran
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,145
Likes: 190
Originally Posted by Leaf85
I had no idea John Carter was the John Carter of Mars (Edgar Rice Burroughs) story(s). I had wrongly assumed it was a rip off of the John Wick style movies. Shows what I pay attention to lol.


Kinda late now to revive the franchise but if you liked the original Burroughs stories you will like the movie, I think they did a great job of updating the "lore" (early 1900 ideas on scifi don't hold up so well) without outright ignoring the books.


US federal spending per person per year, in constant 2025 dollars:
1925 - $153.00
2025 - $20,497.00

"In the vast library of socialist books, there’s not a single volume on how to create wealth, only how to take and “redistribute” it.” - David Horowitz (RIP)

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." Thomas Sowell
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 3,913
Likes: 32
D
DM Online: Content
Senior Member
Senior Member
D Online: Content
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 3,913
Likes: 32
They dropped the "On Mars" part right? So I'd guess the movie is not set on Mars like the books are, in line with what we now know about that planet.


"They might look the same, but they don't taste the same."
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,145
Likes: 190
F
Veteran
Veteran
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,145
Likes: 190
Originally Posted by DM
They dropped the "On Mars" part right? So I'd guess the movie is not set on Mars like the books are, in line with what we now know about that planet.


They dropped Mars from the title but the movie still takes place, mostly, on Mars


US federal spending per person per year, in constant 2025 dollars:
1925 - $153.00
2025 - $20,497.00

"In the vast library of socialist books, there’s not a single volume on how to create wealth, only how to take and “redistribute” it.” - David Horowitz (RIP)

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." Thomas Sowell
Page 421 of 442 1 2 … 419 420 421 422 423 … 441 442

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,074,923 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1