SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Hop To
Page 412 of 442 1 2 … 410 411 412 413 414 … 441 442
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,322
Likes: 19
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,322
Likes: 19

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,322
Likes: 19
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,322
Likes: 19
One question about Andor.

In the very beginning of the first episode of the very first season, Andor is searching for
his lost sister
and that triggered the whole rest of the season.

I really was hoping he
would find her
in the 2nd season but the writers forgot that story line.

Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,322
Likes: 19
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,322
Likes: 19
Tom Cruise can pilot planes

What else is he not afraid to do?

Does dangerous stunts in the movies, knows how to fly aircrafts.


Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,322
Likes: 19
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,322
Likes: 19
We watched Fountain Of Youth

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt27075958/

John Krasinski passed on a 5th season of Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan for movie fame and this is what he found?

Read these bad reviews:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt27075958/reviews/?urv_sm&sort=user_rating%2Casc

Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,322
Likes: 19
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,322
Likes: 19
I was re watching The Hunt For Red October.

All these ships no longer exists or are no longer in service.

The Sverdlovsk are gone except for 1 preserved https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sverdlov-class_cruiser

The Kirov laid up to be scrapped https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_battlecruiser_Kirov

The two Kiev class aircraft carrier, the Kiev and the Minsk were sold to China, one became a theme park and then a hotel, the other became a museum and then caught fire

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiev-class_aircraft_carrier#Ships

[Linked Image]

Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,322
Likes: 19
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,322
Likes: 19
The War Lover 1962

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0056676/

U.S. Airmen in 1943 flying B-17 missions over Nazi occupied Europe

This is better than Masters of the Air


Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010
Likes: 47
M
Veteran
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010
Likes: 47
I saw a few movies, the last few weeks, and this time I am not saving the best for last...

1) "Black Dynamite" -- I /loved/ this movie, and laughed out loud throughout. If you enjoy black humor, love martial arts, and have a thing for 70s era exploitation, watch this. Except "Dynamite" is a 2009 film. The lead actor, Michael Jai White, is a world renowned accomplished martial artist, who, unlike many "martial arts" actors, is the real deal. This guy is genuinely deadly. I stumbled across this movie from one of his Youtube videos, of all places, and checked him out on IMDB, and that is where I found this overlooked, somehow missed masterpiece. This was good. Real good. A bona fide classic. Therefore, I award a rare and lofty *** 1/2 out of **** stars.

2) "City Hunter" -- Jackie Chan stuck on a cruise ship full of beautiful women? What's not to like. I have been watching 'Chan films as far back as his original Kung Fu flicks from the 1970s, and his brand of humor holds up, however this film can get quite corny in spots. One memorable scene was a spoof on the "Street Fighter II" videogame. Pretty fun. I watched this because it was the live action version of a popular 1980s anime in Japan of the same name. ** 3/4 out of **** stars.

3) "Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse" -- Eh, I honestly expected more from this. Fairly forgettable, but not bad. Scouts versus zombies, basically. The humor was quite... middle school. Definitely could have used another script pass or two. ** 1/2 out of **** stars.

4) "Mirror Images II" -- Noir thriller with some interesting plot twists. I could care less for the fluff in between, and sometimes you could find a gem in these 1990s films. Not exactly one here, though. Fair, at best. ** out of **** stars.

5) "Angel" -- Hookers are being hunted by a serial killer on the seedy 1980s Los Angeles strip. The writing in this film was pretty good, actually, and you really root for the main character. Much better than expected. ** 3/4 out of **** stars.

6) "The Wind that Shakes the Barley" -- Being half Irish, as I have mentioned before, I am ever curious about the weird triangle of Southern Ireland, Northern Ireland and England. They seem to hate each other, and this film does a pretty good job of explaining why, at least, for the period of 1919 - 1921, during the Irish War of Independence. What we witness are despicable acts from England, which, leaves us no choice but to root for the Irish. Interestingly, some of current English perspectives and attitudes can be observed in a film that takes place a hundred years earlier. I am not sure how much modern English culture influenced this. Still, like most war, one with a modicum of empathy begins to see how awful war is, and how everyone loses a piece of themselves, permanently, in such conflicts--those who survive. Captivating, yet somewhat tough film for anyone who is curious of the history and how this region was shaped. *** 1/4 out of **** stars.



[Linked Image]

Last edited by Mr_Blastman; 05/30/25 09:13 PM.
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,021
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,021
Likes: 66
Does that cereal killer in “Angel” go after Captain Crunch or Count Chocula? biggrin


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010
Likes: 47
M
Veteran
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010
Likes: 47
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
Does that cereal killer in “Angel” go after Captain Crunch or Count Chocula? biggrin

Oh, definitely Count Chocula, he drowned those crispies til they were quiet!

Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,627
Likes: 103
T
Senior Member
Senior Member
T Offline
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,627
Likes: 103
I never get tired of the Godfather series maybe because my Dads whole family was in the family { you know what I mean } if you know what I mean, They they ran the east coast. My Dad didn't want any of it, because he didn't want his kids to end up in prison or dead.. He ended up becoming a Federal Special Agent for the the Treasury Department, he spoke fluent Sicilian too...So that is a movie I can watch over and over again, the family ran Ct, NJ and NY. My uncle Vinny owned Manhattan. My Dad didn't want any of it, Dad said that movie was pretty realistic, and during that series I recognized the Sicilian that I was hearing, like riding a bike, you never forget. Most of my relatives ended up in prison or dead { Aunts, Uncles, cousins, nephews, etc }. I still have the Ruger Security Six my Dad carried, interesting upbringing to say the least. I like Good fellas too.

Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,322
Likes: 19
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,322
Likes: 19
cheesy movie

maybe Dad was right not to take us to see this, he said we were too little

[Linked Image]

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,021
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,021
Likes: 66
Originally Posted by Terl9999
I never get tired of the Godfather series .


The first 2 are immortal classics of cinema. The third one was a massive mistake.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,627
Likes: 103
T
Senior Member
Senior Member
T Offline
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,627
Likes: 103
Agree PanzerMeyer, the 3rd one was terrible. The first and second are classics for sure.

Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 9,573
Likes: 11
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 9,573
Likes: 11
I liked your Godfather "takes". I thought it was one of the dozens of film DVDs I bought but never watched.

I looked for it. Couldn't find it. So, based on your "upbeat" comments, I ordered the set.


Sapphire Pulse RX7900XTX, 3 monitors = 24"P (180hz/1080p) + Samsung 32" Odyssey Neo G7 4K 1000R Curved (165Hz/4K/2160p) + 24"P (180hz/1080p), AMD R9-9950X, 64GB [email protected], GIGABYTE X870E AORUS Master MB, (4x M.2 SSD + 2xSSD + 2xHD) = ~58TB storage, 1300W PSU, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower, ASUS RT-AX89X 6000Mbps WiFi router, VKB Gladiator WW2 Stick, Pedals, G.Skill RGB KB, EVGA X20 Mouse, W11 Pro
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,627
Likes: 103
T
Senior Member
Senior Member
T Offline
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,627
Likes: 103
Allen I think you will enjoy it. Godfather 1 and 2 were great, although Godfather 3 sucked.

Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,322
Likes: 19
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,322
Likes: 19
good documentary but the guy talking won't shut up


Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,322
Likes: 19
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,322
Likes: 19
https://www.amazon.com/Last-Action-Hero-Arnold-Schwarzenegger/dp/B000PH40HM

I suppose a big movie star like Arnold can have a bad day.

The $15 million salary (WIKI) he was paid must be the reason he agreed to do this movie.

Certainly he knew it was a bad movie after reading the script.

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010
Likes: 47
M
Veteran
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010
Likes: 47
Often top stars will do "kid friendly movies" around the time they start having children themselves.

"The Last Action Hero" is not bad--I thought the film was a lot of cheesy fun. Certainly not a film to take seriously.

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,021
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,021
Likes: 66
Originally Posted by Mr_Blastman
Often top stars will do "kid friendly movies" around the time they start having children themselves.

"The Last Action Hero" is not bad--I thought the film was a lot of cheesy fun. Certainly not a film to take seriously.


That’s the movie that signaled the decline of John McTiernan the director. His prior 3 films were all commercial and critical successes: Predator, Die Hard and Hunt for Red October.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,021
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,021
Likes: 66
Just watched “Glory” again for about the 50th time in my life. The final sequence with the assault on Fort Wagner has to be one of the greatest battle sequences ever put on film. Denzel absolutely deserved his Oscar for his performance.

Last edited by PanzerMeyer; 06/08/25 03:51 PM.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Page 412 of 442 1 2 … 410 411 412 413 414 … 441 442

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
"Problem occurred in connection"
by F4UDash4 - 09/14/26 01:41 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,070,119 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1