|
|
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,095 Likes: 80
Strategerizer Veteran
|
|
Strategerizer Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,095 Likes: 80 |
There is ONE boss though in the base game To whom are you referring? Spoliers OK. I know a lot that I shouldn't, as this game is too dense to just go through without looking stuff up. Like remember earlier in the thread, after I killed Godrick I said how the hell was I supposed to know about divinity towers? Well, now I've killed a second shardbearer. Is there another divinity tower I should be looking for? Without the net I'd be struggling instead of moving forward.
To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,095 Likes: 80
Strategerizer Veteran
|
|
Strategerizer Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,095 Likes: 80 |
Congrats on defeating Rennala and the Red Wolf.
As for spirit ashes, the most highly regarded one by the gamer community is the "Mimic Tear". You will get that one later. Thanks, yes, those were difficult. For the Red Wolf I used Banished Knight Engvall. Took a few tries. That thing is fast, the wolf. For Rennala, it took a while to work out what to do in the first stage. And it's a fair slog to get there from the Red Wolf fight grace. So I arrived a few flasks short and ended up dying as soon as I got to phase two. One-shot, basically. But then you start to think. OK, I see what to do. I spent a little time clearing the path between the grace and the Rennala mist, killing that knight and the sorcerers who control the big ball that rolls down the ramp, so I could re-try the fight fast and arrive with full flasks. By this point I knew to concentrate on the cherubs with glowing halos, so phase one became simple and fast. For phase two, I had held back on my spirit ash. Don't need it for phase one. As the second phase opens I ran a short distance and then used the bell, but the character stops moving and she smoked me again. Dammit. So then I thought I should summon the spirits (wolves) just before phase 1 ends. Then we can just hit her straight away and that's what we did, and essentially stun-locked her and it was over pretty fast. Took four tries. Mimic Tear is a good shout and yes, most agree it is the top spirit ash, but not if you have a sh!t build haha. Black Knight Tiche I think it is called, is another one that is highly regarded for late game. I'm essentially rolling between Engvall, wolves and skeleton militia at this stage. I have maybe seven to choose from so far. Gloveworts are done in the same manner as smithing stones, however
Last edited by DBond; 02/03/25 01:52 PM.
To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 926 Likes: 10
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 926 Likes: 10 |
Mimic Tear and Black Knight Tiche were the spirit ashes I always switched between even in the DLC. But getting Tiche was one of the hardest fights for me in the base game.
Time is the only luxury.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,095 Likes: 80
Strategerizer Veteran
|
|
Strategerizer Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,095 Likes: 80 |
Who was the boss you were talking about Frank? I made two posts and maybe you didn't see the first one.
Another thing about smithing stones I feel isn't balanced well are the bells you can get to be able to buy stones. I've found just one, that allows purchasing 1s and 2s. But I don't need those any longer. And as far as I can tell, the second bell, for 3s and 4s, is in a region I cannot even access yet. But maybe with the second shard I can now go there?
To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,023 Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
|
|
Pro-Consul of Florida King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,023 Likes: 66 |
Another thing about smithing stones I feel isn't balanced well are the bells you can get to be able to buy stones. I've found just one, that allows purchasing 1s and 2s. But I don't need those any longer. You will need 1's and 2's again if you ever decide to upgrade a different weapon. For each different weapon you upgrade you start from the beginning to the end. 1 through 10 for the unique weapons and 1 through 20 for the common weapons.
“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,095 Likes: 80
Strategerizer Veteran
|
|
Strategerizer Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,095 Likes: 80 |
Yes, I know, and that's true, but little help as you play through the early to mid game. And it's somber stones for uniques, no? Smithing stones for non-uniques. Or maybe I misunderstand that, or what you mean.
At some point I obtained a rapier that was +8. Are weapons you find later scaled? Or are they all +0 and you gotta upgrade them all the way? Like when I finally get the Nagakiba will it be levelled or plain. If un-upgraded, why was the rapier +8?
To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 926 Likes: 10
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 926 Likes: 10 |
Who was the boss you were talking about Frank? I made two posts and maybe you didn't see the first one. I didn´ t want to spoil that one, but if you really want to know.  The name of that specific boss is Malenia. That character has one of the most epic intro scenes when it comes to a boss fight!
Time is the only luxury.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,023 Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
|
|
Pro-Consul of Florida King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,023 Likes: 66 |
Yup, Malenia I was unable to defeat alone. Even with 2 coop partners it still took about 3 or 4 tries before she was finally defeated.
“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,023 Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
|
|
Pro-Consul of Florida King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,023 Likes: 66 |
At some point I obtained a rapier that was +8. Are weapons you find later scaled? Or are they all +0 and you gotta upgrade them all the way? Like when I finally get the Nagakiba will it be levelled or plain. If un-upgraded, why was the rapier +8? If my memory is correct, sombre stones are used for weapons that have some type of magical attribute attached to them. You will usually see it as the primary damage being physical and the secondary damage being magic. For example the Golden Halberd that I used a lot in the game uses sombre stones because the secondary damage effect it does is "holy damage".
Last edited by PanzerMeyer; 02/03/25 06:49 PM.
“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,095 Likes: 80
Strategerizer Veteran
|
|
Strategerizer Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,095 Likes: 80 |
Yeah, maybe you are right, I dunno. Wiki says somber stones are for 'unique' weapons, which I thought would be like named weapons such as Moonveil.
To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,095 Likes: 80
Strategerizer Veteran
|
|
Strategerizer Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,095 Likes: 80 |
The name of that specific boss is Malenia. That character has one of the most epic intro scenes when it comes to a boss fight! Thanks, and zero worries from me about spoilers in this game. I've already read most of them, and want every edge I can get. This is not a story game in my mind and so spoilers are welcomed in fact.
To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,023 Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
|
|
Pro-Consul of Florida King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,023 Likes: 66 |
This is not a story game in my mind and so spoilers are welcomed in fact. The thing with ER is that there is a story and lore in there but you have to dig for it and a lot of it is very enigmatic and vague. This is a big difference from other fantasy games like the Elder Scrolls series or Baldur's Gate where the lore is pretty straight forward and easily accessible via books and parchments you can find in those games..
“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,095 Likes: 80
Strategerizer Veteran
|
|
Strategerizer Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,095 Likes: 80 |
Yes, I see lore, but a story? It's not apparent to me. But then, I don't care about that. For me this game is about obstacles, and overcoming them. i don't need no stinkin' story.
Played a lot yesterday, and did Carian Manor, took out Royal Knight Loretta on the first go! Got the medallion pieces and took the lift so I could go find the second smithing bell bearing.
After getting that I hit Sofria River Well since I read I could get ghost gloveworts there. Cleared most of that and was able to upgrade Engvall from +1 to +5, which is a big boost. Katanas are now at +13 and +10 since I got the bell, but that has already been left behind. I never feel my weapons are the right level for the places I am fighting. Character is level 76. Redahn is next on the list
Hit 15 Faith so can use Flame Grant Me Strength incantation. I have Bloodflame Blade, Flame Grant Me Strength, Heal and one that clears poison equipped at the mo.
Dex is puzzling, that putting points in to my 'primary' attribute has so little effect on damage numbers. I am not seeing 'scaling' as I would expect it to mean. Another point sunk in to Dex raises primary sword damage by 2 lousy points. Less than 1% added damage. Maybe after 30 the scaling will start to actually scale.
To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,023 Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
|
|
Pro-Consul of Florida King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,023 Likes: 66 |
Played a lot yesterday, and did Carian Manor, took out Royal Knight Loretta on the first go! Got the medallion pieces and took the lift so I could go find the second smithing bell bearing.
. What did you think of those creeper hands? Later on you will encounter some really massively large ones. Those freaked me out at first! Congrats on defeating Loretta.
“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,095 Likes: 80
Strategerizer Veteran
|
|
Strategerizer Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,095 Likes: 80 |
Yeah, that was strange. They didn't cause me much trouble. I use the bow a lot to pull one enemy at a time out of the mob. So here I could shoot one down, have it come for me, take it out and then do the next one. I made it through the entire place without getting killed. But yeah, they were strange. Any enemy vulnerable to bleed stack and hemorrhage I can handle fairly well. Those immune or with high resistance are harder for my build.
Anyone know which dragon is considered the second easiest? I'm still sitting on one dragon heart, which I got way back when taking out Agheel. I could go to the altar with it now, but I read that you can get better abilities by using two hearts. So I want to take out another, but most are too strong yet. Maybe I should take out the elder dragon. That's five hearts I think. I don't know anything yet about the dragon abilities or whether they will work for my build, but I think it is holding up the Yura quest. He is waiting for me to do this.
To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 926 Likes: 10
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 926 Likes: 10 |
Don´t knwo about any easy dragon fights after Agheel, maybe the one on the left of Raya Lucaria Academy probably?! To be honest I found them all to be a pain in the rear and took them out from a distance with a bow and different arrow types. Killed the elder dragon in my 100% playthroughs as soon as I found him and didn´t notice any differences to the world or the story. Caelid is a #%&*$#.... anyway and the less time spent there the better... 
Time is the only luxury.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,023 Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
|
|
Pro-Consul of Florida King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,023 Likes: 66 |
Just wait until you fight Dragonlord Placidusax..... 
“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 926 Likes: 10
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 926 Likes: 10 |
Just wait until you fight Dragonlord Placidusax.....  And then you realize how ridiculously easy that fight becomes with a certain spirit ash made for that encounter only... 
Time is the only luxury.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,095 Likes: 80
Strategerizer Veteran
|
|
Strategerizer Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,095 Likes: 80 |
Well here I go https://www.thegamer.com/elden-ring-all-dragon-bosses/That's a list of dragon bosses ranked easiest to hardest. Greyll is the one I've been doing, on a bridge. Yesterday I was able to get him to half-health before my ashes died. Getting there. His flame breath is harder to dodge than Agheel's was. Of course the one I cannot do, yet, is listed as third easiest, after Greyoll and Agheel. Guess I have my answer. But I don't like it 
To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,095 Likes: 80
Strategerizer Veteran
|
|
Strategerizer Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,095 Likes: 80 |
After levelling up, and therefore holding few runes, I tried the dragon on the bridge again. I switched ashes from Engvall to the rotten stray hoping he would inflict rot but the summons got smoked pretty quick. In previous tries I stayed on Torrent. But unless I am missing it I cannot cast an incantation mounted. This time I rode toward one end of the bridge, dismounted, cast Bloodflame Blade and whistled for the horse again. Instead of jumping away from his flame breath I jumped in to it so I could slash away at his legs while he was spewing flame. Took a while but he fell first try this time. 80k runes is sweet. That's two full levels where I am. Gotta learn about dragon abilities and see if there's anything I should be taking now. Edit: Looked in to it and not in a position to take advantage. I plan a faith dip, and I'm on 15, but need more, plus arcane to use these incantations. And then, too, you gotta take out dragons to get more spells. I can get the dragon flame breath from Agheel and might as well, but it will be a while before I could deploy it, and with a build not tuned to it, these could be underwhelming. If breathing dragon fire can ever be  .
Last edited by DBond; 02/06/25 03:54 AM.
To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
|
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
|
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|