SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Hop To
Page 399 of 442 1 2 … 397 398 399 400 401 … 441 442
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,023
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,023
Likes: 66
Originally Posted by Crane Hunter
Die Hard (1988)

Since I had to watch a Christmas movie.

I hadn't seen it in 30 years but it's held up well for an '80s action film.


I last saw it about 5 years ago and what immediately dates that film for me is the women’s hair and clothing fashion you see.

The plot and action sequences though hold up very well.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010
Likes: 47
M
Veteran
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010
Likes: 47
Camp and cheese were signature hallmarks of the Moore Bond franchise.

Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 12,417
Likes: 12
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 12,417
Likes: 12
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
I last saw it about 5 years ago and what immediately dates that film for me is the women’s hair and clothing fashion you see.

The plot and action sequences though hold up very well.

The cinematography was great for its era though.

Most '80s action films, even the big budget summer blockbusters, look like an episode of the A-Team in comparison.

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,023
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,023
Likes: 66
Originally Posted by Crane Hunter
The cinematography was great for its era though.

.

Indeed it was! The director, John McTiernan certainly got off to a very fast start in Hollywood. His first three films were Predator, Die Hard and Hunt for Red October. I can't think of any other director who had such a great start out of the gate.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 3,912
Likes: 32
D
DM Offline
Senior Member
Senior Member
D Offline
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 3,912
Likes: 32
Best Christmas movie is The Muppet Christmas Carol. Don't care what anyone says smile


"They might look the same, but they don't taste the same."
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 12,417
Likes: 12
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 12,417
Likes: 12
Stalin (1992)

​

​[video:youtube]
[/video]

​

​A slow burn but decent.

Last edited by Crane Hunter; 12/27/24 06:57 AM.
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,023
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,023
Likes: 66
Beria's death has to go down as one of the most epic and well deserved deaths in all of modern history.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,323
Likes: 19
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,323
Likes: 19
FML

We waited 3 years for the 2nd season of Squid Game and they only gave us 7 episodes and abruptly end season 2.

Now they are saying Season 3 will be in 2025.

When in 2025?

December 31st, 2025 is also 2025.

We could be waiting a whole year for it.

Or they change their mind and say it needs more production or reshoots so it will be 2026 instead.

Should never had sold it to Netflix.

Netflix is milking it for every dime they can.

Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,323
Likes: 19
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,323
Likes: 19
Andor, the Complete Season 1.

What???

After 12 great episodes,

It ends like that?!?

(yes I did see episode 12's post ending credits sequence)

Now we have to wait???

Why can't Disney make their Star Wars movies as great as their series Andor, The Mandalorian, The Book of Bobba Fett, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Ahsoka?

[Linked Image]

I don't like to speak ill of people but I think she is ugly.

[Linked Image]

Now I hate The Empire more than ever!!

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,023
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,023
Likes: 66
I watched Sonic 3 on Saturday with my family since my son was dying to see it.

From my perspective it was funny seeing "Teddy" from Westworld in it and I found it odd how the blonde and blue eyed Anglo girl who befriends one of the aliens was named "Maria". I have never in my lifetime met a Maria who was not Hispanic.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 12,417
Likes: 12
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 12,417
Likes: 12
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
I watched Sonic 3 on Saturday with my family since my son was dying to see it.

From my perspective it was funny seeing "Teddy" from Westworld in it and I found it odd how the blonde and blue eyed Anglo girl who befriends one of the aliens was named "Maria". I have never in my lifetime met a Maria who was not Hispanic.

I've know some Italian and Russian Marias.

Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 3,912
Likes: 32
D
DM Offline
Senior Member
Senior Member
D Offline
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 3,912
Likes: 32
I've watched the first two episodes of The Penguin, and so far I'm enjoying it. I don't normally go for crime family dramas but it seems well done, the Gotham city/Batman thing is more-or-less background (so far) and doesn't seem to be the important detail. I will say that only two episodes in, the most fascinating detail is still the makeup and performance that Colin Farrell is displaying which is really top level stuff, but also the moving parts of his story seem well done. He has plans but is able to work off-the-cuff when they go wrong. I wonder why he is quite old before making his big moves though.

I didn't watch The Sopranos (other than segments) but it seems like it could have a similar vibe to it, and I'm sure there's some historical reveals yet to come. Something about his brothers is my current best guess.


"They might look the same, but they don't taste the same."
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 12,417
Likes: 12
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 12,417
Likes: 12
The Spy Who Loved Me (1977)

[Linked Image]

I actually liked this one a lot more than most of the '80s Bonds.

Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,323
Likes: 19
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,323
Likes: 19
Yes, I do think The Spy Who Loved Me and For Your Eyes Only are Moore's best Bond.

by the way the actress who delivers the message in the 2nd part of this clip



is also the same actress in Never Say Never Again that fished Bond and save his life and they ended up in her hotel room, saving his life again


Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,023
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,023
Likes: 66
Originally Posted by Crane Hunter
The Spy Who Loved Me (1977)

[Linked Image]

I actually liked this one a lot more than most of the '80s Bonds.


Lotus Esprit and Caroline Munro. "Nuff said.

Last edited by PanzerMeyer; 12/31/24 11:26 AM.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,323
Likes: 19
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,323
Likes: 19
Watching SAS Rogue Heroes Series 2 Episode 1 right now. All 6 episodes dropped today.

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010
Likes: 47
M
Veteran
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010
Likes: 47
I saw this grindhouse femmspoitation movie and so should everyone else:

[Linked Image]

I saw plenty of other movies in the past week, but this one was so unexpected, deserves a separate entry of its own. Rare. Unknown. Underwatched. Delivers.

Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 12,417
Likes: 12
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 12,417
Likes: 12
Live And Let Die (1973)

[Linked Image]

Blaxploitation Bond, I mean, come on now!

The Solitaire wench can get it though.

[Linked Image]

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010
Likes: 47
M
Veteran
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010
Likes: 47
"Live and Let Die" is one of my favorite Moore films. The laughing by some of the antagonists is classic, and Jane Seymore was hot.

Last edited by Mr_Blastman; 01/02/25 10:08 PM.
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,023
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,023
Likes: 66
Jane Seymour is absolutely STUNNING in that movie.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Page 399 of 442 1 2 … 397 398 399 400 401 … 441 442

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,074,713 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1