|
|
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,145 Likes: 190
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,145 Likes: 190 |
Yep, that's it. Not sure that it being free on YouTube is legit however...... Yeah, I don't know. I checked with Director/Writer Mark Vizcarra and it IS legit. Everyone should also check out his other films: "Thud Pilot II", "Hun Pilot" and "Tomcat Tales" (Mark Vizcarra was an F-14 pilot and his brother Michael was an F-14 RIO)
US federal spending per person per year, in constant 2025 dollars: 1925 - $153.00 2025 - $20,497.00
"In the vast library of socialist books, there’s not a single volume on how to create wealth, only how to take and “redistribute” it.” - David Horowitz (RIP)
"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." Thomas Sowell
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 12,417 Likes: 12
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 12,417 Likes: 12 |
The Last of Us T.V. series, there's only 2 more episodes left and at this point I'd say it was ok-ish.
It's just not up the quality standards that HBO's 2019's Chernobyl miniseries was.
There are a lot of strange decisions and lack of attention to detail, like production crew members being clearly visible in some scenes.
Still, its managed to tear the old lady from watching her novellas, so that's something at least.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 11,188 Likes: 37
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 11,188 Likes: 37 |
The Last of Us T.V. series, there's only 2 more episodes left and at this point I'd say it was ok-ish.
It's just not up the quality standards that HBO's 2019's Chernobyl miniseries was.
There are a lot of strange decisions and lack of attention to detail, like production crew members being clearly visible in some scenes.
Still, its managed to tear the old lady from watching her novellas, so that's something at least. I started watching it, but stopped after the second episode. I didn't find anything wrong with it, I think I have just gotten a little tired of the zombie apocalypse, or any apocalypse stories. They're mostly downers, watching everyone suffer, and you're always waiting on the next person to get killed off or infected or whatever. I'm fine with it for a short time, but get burnt out watching a whole series about it.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,026 Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
|
|
Pro-Consul of Florida King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,026 Likes: 66 |
I started watching it, but stopped after the second episode. I didn't find anything wrong with it, I think I have just gotten a little tired of the zombie apocalypse, or any apocalypse stories. .
For me the zombie genre is just like the superhero genre. You'd THINK that audiences by now would have gotten more than their fill of these genres between Marvel, DC, The Walking Dead, etc. but that's not the case so far.
“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,325 Likes: 19
Hotshot
|
|
Hotshot
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,325 Likes: 19 |
Just:saw Mandalorian s3/e1. Baby Yoda is so cute.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010 Likes: 47
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010 Likes: 47 |
I need to watch that show.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,026 Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
|
|
Pro-Consul of Florida King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,026 Likes: 66 |
I need to watch that show. I will say this much: I was pleasantly surprised by the first two seasons and my moderate expectations were exceeded significantly. The season 2 finale was especially good.
“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 9,573 Likes: 11
Hotshot
|
|
Hotshot
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 9,573 Likes: 11 |
As mentioned previously. We watch 1.5hrs to 3hrs of "famous detective series" most week days (1 to 3 episodes usually). We intermingle episodes from different well known detectives.
We just finished: Agatha Christie's Poirot: The Definitive Collection (Series 1-13). It was intermingled with all the other detective series over the last year. To our tastes, "Poirot" was one of the top series we're watching.
We just started: Charlie Chan Box Set, 27-Movie Collection (8 DVDs). These are 4:3 B&W movies made in the 1930s and 1940s. We're watching them in the order the movies were made (starting in 1931) -- rather than the order presented in the set. The first 3 were not bad -- they competed well with newer TV series. That was slightly unexpected. We will intermingle them with the other series over time.
Sapphire Pulse RX7900XTX, 3 monitors = 24"P (180hz/1080p) + Samsung 32" Odyssey Neo G7 4K 1000R Curved (165Hz/4K/2160p) + 24"P (180hz/1080p), AMD R9-9950X, 64GB [email protected], GIGABYTE X870E AORUS Master MB, ( 4x M.2 SSD + 2xSSD + 2xHD) = ~58TB storage, 1300W PSU, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower, ASUS RT-AX89X 6000Mbps WiFi router, VKB Gladiator WW2 Stick, Pedals, G.Skill RGB KB, EVGA X20 Mouse, W11 Pro
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010 Likes: 47
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010 Likes: 47 |
I absolutely love films from the 30s and 40s. The writing from the time period was often top notch and the acting was far better at times than what you see nowadays.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,026 Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
|
|
Pro-Consul of Florida King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,026 Likes: 66 |
I absolutely love films from the 30s and 40s. The writing from the time period was often top notch and the acting was far better at times than what you see nowadays. I'm a fan of the naturalistic acting style and one common problem I've noticed with films from the 30's and 40's is that they often tended to have the theatrical style of acting. It's not necessarily over-acting but it's a style where people act and talk in such a way that is not reflective of how people act and speak in real every day life.
“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010 Likes: 47
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010 Likes: 47 |
I saw several movies the last couple of weeks:
1) "Let's be Cops" -- I like cop movies. A lot. Especially when the scum is cleansed from the streets. I also love cop comedies, but went into this one with rather low expectations. Much laughing out loud was found. My biggest surprise, however, was the pro-cop tone the picture took, and I found this refreshing and good. Not bad. ** 3/4 out of **** stars.
2) "Captain Phillips" -- Tom Hanks vs. Somalian Pirates. What's not to like? I waited a long time to see this because I read about the story back in the day, so needed to give this picture some distance so the entire experience was not spoiled. The twist of how things ended up was fascinating--that this actually happened the way the film played out(I assume is so). Great ride. *** 1/2 out of **** stars. Hanks delivers, as always.
3) "Babysitter Wanted" -- The writer/director team of this film were obviously fans of Wes Craven, as they followed the rules well. The pacing, the framing, the characters, the dialogue and the tension were all nearly perfect. Needless to say, I was quite surprised. I went into this film with extremely low expectations. The biggest plus? Well, there were a few but I don't want to spoil anything... *** out of **** stars.
4) "Mean Streets" -- Scorsese classic, one can truly see the foundation of what would eventually climax into the masterpiece of "Goodfellas" many years later. This picture was engrossing, albeit somewhat rough around the edges. Genius takes time to evolve, and this early work of one of film's(arguably--he's not Kubrick or Speilberg, but close enough...) masters is worth a watch. *** 1/2 out of **** stars.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,026 Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
|
|
Pro-Consul of Florida King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,026 Likes: 66 |
4) Genius takes time to evolve, and this early work of one of film's(arguably--he's not Kubrick or Speilberg, but close enough...) masters is worth a watch. *** 1/2 out of **** stars.
This is all subjective of course but I wouldn't put Spielberg in the same category as Kubrick. My top tier includes directors like Kurosawa and Kubrick. My second tier includes directors like Ridley Scott, Spielberg and Scorcese.
“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,325 Likes: 19
Hotshot
|
|
Hotshot
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,325 Likes: 19 |
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,026 Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
|
|
Pro-Consul of Florida King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,026 Likes: 66 |
Has there been an episode yet on high fructose corn syrup?
“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,325 Likes: 19
Hotshot
|
|
Hotshot
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,325 Likes: 19 |
Has there been an episode yet on high fructose corn syrup? No. Is that a food advancement miletsone?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,026 Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
|
|
Pro-Consul of Florida King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,026 Likes: 66 |
Is that a food advancement miletsone?
Yes. It helped make America fat.
“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,325 Likes: 19
Hotshot
|
|
Hotshot
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,325 Likes: 19 |
Is that a food advancement miletsone?
Yes. It helped make America fat. It's in soda pop. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-fructose_corn_syrup#FoodDad was correct. He said it rots the teeth and will makes us fat and get diabtes.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,026 Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
|
|
Pro-Consul of Florida King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,026 Likes: 66 |
And in hundreds of other consumer food and drink products.
“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010 Likes: 47
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010 Likes: 47 |
Avoid sugar wherever possible. Theories suggest that sugar, not fat and cholesterol in food, contributes far more greatly to heart disease due to the inflammatory state sugar leaves your body in after consumption. This inflammation is what encourages fats and cholesterol to stick to the walls of arteries.
I switched to using stevia to sweeten my home brewed tea a number of years ago and do not miss authentic sugar at all. Ten bucks of stevia will last me many months--almost a year, so long as it is the raw kind that is not laced with other stuff.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 11,188 Likes: 37
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 11,188 Likes: 37 |
And in hundreds of other consumer food and drink products. I think there was a tangential mention of it on the show about soda, when someone at Coke or Pepsi made the change to save money, setting the industry off in that direction as a standard.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
|
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
|
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|