SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 21 1 2 3 4 … 20 21
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504
Likes: 2
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504
Likes: 2
Sunday's session has been under way, with two very successful coo-op intercepts in Moggy's IRAQ.
This was the first:
[Linked Image]

We are taking a break for half an hour or so wink

Last edited by MrJelly; 03/15/20 03:53 PM.

Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger Site

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

Mark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.

I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504
Likes: 2
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504
Likes: 2
Off again at GameRanger wink


Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger Site

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

Mark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.

I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504
Likes: 2
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504
Likes: 2
Flying with Hunter- come and join


Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger Site

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

Mark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.

I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504
Likes: 2
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504
Likes: 2
Wednesday's games are always fun wink


Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger Site

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

Mark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.

I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly
Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 20
Junior Member
Junior Member
Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 20
Hi guys, I just downloaded and installed this gem, brings back memories from the 90's biggrin.
MrJelly, I'd love to fly some multiplayer sessions if possible, I live in the US, Mountain Time zone. Weekends probably would work the best, since you are in Europe as I see and time zone difference is easier to overcome when I'm not at work during the day.
Let me know, I also added you as a friend on Gameranger.

Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504
Likes: 2
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504
Likes: 2
Great
We fly regularly with ShoGun who is in Minnesota at Central time.
Currently we have a six hour difference as we do not move to daylight saving until the 29th.
So we have some flights in his morning, and my afternoon. He like me is retired, so we are not restricted to weekends wink


Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger Site

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

Mark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.

I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly
Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 144
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 144
I too have downloaded this game about a year or so ago and dabbled with it and some other WW2 flight sims again recently. My main sim background is in high school was Warbirds with wbfree.net back in the 2000s. Spent many fun hours with my cousins and brothers and others dog fighting and taking bases. Sadly Warbirds doesn't take well to newer Windows and I think the server is basically empty now, assuming it is still up so I started looking around at other simulations and eventually found EAW. I am in Eastern Time so weekends typically will work better for me too but with the office trying to keep count down, I'm working from home a couple days of the week for the foreseeable future. So hoping to maybe give it a try with you guys!

Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504
Likes: 2
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504
Likes: 2
The more the merrier smile


Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger Site

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

Mark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.

I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504
Likes: 2
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504
Likes: 2
With new people joining and others returning here are the links that will give you a full installation:
The original installation:

UAW160 2020

***************************************************************************
A patch I made for Hunter a couple of days ago:

I have just compared my "UAW160 Multiplayer 2020" with the release version.
Several things have been added, (theatres, planes, planesets and exes), and some things modified since it was released, so I have made a patch for you


March18th Update
Download it and run it in your "UAW160 Multiplayer 2020" folder. Let it merge folders overwrite existing files smile

*************************************************************************
Today's new exes:

I have rationalised my "EAW Versions" set-up by re-naming the old folder and adding this new one:

March 19th exes

It has just four exes, and they should be all that we need:

March19OldMapLanguage.exe
March19NewMapLanguage.exe

SPAW2019OldMapFull.exe
SPAW2019NewMapFull.exe

The language exes have my fix for the "Y" key problem that I posted about in the forum today.
They can be used for everything except the "SPAW2019" theatres which need an exe with the special code for catapult launching.
To reduce the number of exes I have not included the multiplayer only versions.
GameRanger jumps straight to the multiplayer parameters screen anyway.


Edit:
I thought I would have had a lot of trouble, but I think that I have succeeded in making an exe that combines both the language and the SPAW2019 properties, so that we only need two exes:


New Universal Exes

I cannot guarantee that they are bug-free, but in tests on my PC here I have had no problems so far. I can do a catapult launch, and edit the "eaw.ini".


Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger Site

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

Mark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.

I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly
Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 144
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 144
Thanks Mr. Jelly! I'll add the latest patch now. Do I need to do something with the EXEs too?

Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504
Likes: 2
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504
Likes: 2
Map information smile

Until we released EAW1.29 the game had always used a 640x320 tile-map. The single mission target and base selection map was from a "Europe1.pic" file, and this was also used for the in-flight pilot map.
1.29 was the first exe that used a flexible tile-map which was no longer locked into 640x320, and a new map system had to be created.

The new map exes handle any size tile-map and use a "TargMap.pic" file.
The old map exes can only handle 640x320 and use the "Europe1.pic" file.
In all other respects the exes are identical, and if the theatre is on a 640x320 tile-map you can use either.


Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger Site

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

Mark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.

I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504
Likes: 2
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504
Likes: 2
GameRanger room open wink


Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger Site

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

Mark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.

I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504
Likes: 2
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504
Likes: 2
Game on right now
We are all taking a half hour break smile


Last edited by MrJelly; 03/21/20 04:37 PM.

Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger Site

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

Mark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.

I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504
Likes: 2
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504
Likes: 2
This is a map-screen that I was using in our last ETO game:

[Linked Image]

It is a large "TargMap.pic" and the point of the exercise is the separation of the planes in a sort of "zoom" effect.
If you want it please let me know and I will make it available smile


Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger Site

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

Mark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.

I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly
Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 144
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 144
Oh! That is much better! I'd like to give it a try. smile

Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504
Likes: 2
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504
Likes: 2
I will be at GameRanger later this afternoon local time.
Check the "Zoom effect and some fixes" thread to get some important re-placement items such as the new exes and an airfield fix for the Mediterranean theatre wink
The new maps are also included.

Last edited by MrJelly; 03/22/20 12:33 PM.

Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger Site

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

Mark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.

I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504
Likes: 2
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504
Likes: 2
Room open smile


Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger Site

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

Mark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.

I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504
Likes: 2
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504
Likes: 2
Monday March 23rd

I'm at GameRanger if anyone wants to fly
Thoroughly recommended if you are in self-isolation smile


Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger Site

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

Mark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.

I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly
Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 20
Junior Member
Junior Member
Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 20
I wish, I gotta work, no self-isolation for me at all.

Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504
Likes: 2
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504
Likes: 2
Shogun is with us now smile


Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger Site

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

Mark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.

I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly
Page 2 of 21 1 2 3 4 … 20 21

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,070,768 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1