SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#4594772 03/22/22 10:54 AM
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 282
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 282
Clearly flying in WOFF is a perishable skill. Took my first quick mission today to get some practise in before starting a new campaign. Forgot the control keys - could not hit anything at 50 peace's and got my plane shot up. More practise needed!


'Der Fuchs'

BOC Member
'BWOC BWOC BWOC'
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 8,894
Likes: 75
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 8,894
Likes: 75
For some of us Beanie that is default skill mode wink


Regards,

Polovski
OBD Software, developers of epic, immersive, unique flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields & Wings Over The Reich
https://www.overflandersfields.com
https://www.wingsoverthereich.com
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 282
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 282
We seam to both have the same default


'Der Fuchs'

BOC Member
'BWOC BWOC BWOC'
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 867
Member
Member
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 867

Such defeatism. The message is obviously not getting through. Think like Triggers man ! Pull your darned socks up, stiffen that upper lip and jolly well punch that enemy on the bally nose what !

Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 8,894
Likes: 75
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 8,894
Likes: 75
Well done catch for bringing us back up to speed, good old Triggers.

BTW easter egg; Triggers had a little make-over now sporting correct moustache and it looks a lot more like him smile

Last edited by Polovski; 03/23/22 01:27 PM.

Regards,

Polovski
OBD Software, developers of epic, immersive, unique flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields & Wings Over The Reich
https://www.overflandersfields.com
https://www.wingsoverthereich.com
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 282
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 282
Could Triggers do my flying and I could spend time visiting the hot spots of Paris


'Der Fuchs'

BOC Member
'BWOC BWOC BWOC'
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 867
Member
Member
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 867
Originally Posted by Polovski
Well done catch for bringing us back up to speed, good old Triggers.

BTW easter egg; Triggers had a little make-over now sporting correct moustache and it looks a lot more like him smile


At last ! The real Triggers emerges. Surely now, victory is ours. Go get 'em Beanie !

Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,002
Just shoot me...
Member
Just shoot me...
Member
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,002
Originally Posted by Beanie
Clearly flying in WOFF is a perishable skill. Took my first quick mission today to get some practise in before starting a new campaign. Forgot the control keys - could not hit anything at 50 peace's and got my plane shot up. More practise needed!


Oh, I hear you, I hear you! Coming into retirement I was so busy I could hardly think straight. Then I retired last August, but my in-laws started with serious medical problems, and my father-in-law then passed away, so a lot of time helping my mother-in-law through that. Plus all sorts of hassles with Social Security. So I still haven't upgraded my rig and now we have serious inflation and chip supply issues... And I haven't had time to reconfigure my Saitek profiles for the HOTAS and rudder pedals to the new WOFF/WOTR keystrokes and can hardly remember how to do it - and so on... At least I still know stick movements, throttle and trigger!

But if Triggers has a proper moustache, perhaps I need to go back and re-take my training!


Box: Win7 Pro 64 bit / I72600K @4.1 GHz / EVGA GTX1080Ti/ 16GB RAM / Corsair 240 GB SSD / WD 600 GB Velociraptor / 1050W Power
FS Stuff: Saitek X52 Pro Stick/Throttle & Combat Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5
Sims: FSX Gold, REX 2.0 OD, UTX-NA, FSGenesis 10m mesh/ CFS3 ETO 1.40/Wings Over Flanders Fields BH&H2 (more gorgeous than ever!)
Proud BOC inductee 4/30/12!
Joined: Apr 2022
Posts: 106
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2022
Posts: 106
The only skill that doesnt perish in flight sims is playing "lawndart". Seconded by catching enemy bullets

catch #4597902 04/25/22 12:29 AM
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,918
Likes: 8
R
Senior Member
Senior Member
R Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,918
Likes: 8
Originally Posted by catch

Think like Triggers man ! Pull your darned socks up, stiffen that upper lip and jolly well punch that enemy on the bally nose what !


And never, ever, EVER blink! You might miss something...


The older I get, the more I realize I don't need to be Han, Luke or Leia. I'm just happy to be rebel scum...

Moderated by  Polovski, Winding Man 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,071,094 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1