That's not nice. Canada is North America. In this episode they talk about Top Dogfighters, the pilots who flew the F-15, the F-4, the P-38 and the F-6 and the missions they had kills.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cesar_Rodriguez_(pilot)#Persian_Gulf_War HAHA those Iraqi pilots in the first Gulf War thought they could shoot down American F-15 in their fancy commie made Mig-29. They may be able to take off, fly, and land but winning in air dogfight requires skills and training. They should had stuck to herding goats.
Behind The Line - Escape To Dunkirk on Amazon Prime. A group of British soldiers, retreating from the Germans toward Dunkirk in WW2 are captured. A renowned British boxer among them is forced in the ring to fight an equally talented German boxer as they struggle to escape. Good movie.
Also watched We Go In At Dawn, Amazon Prime as well. When a high-ranking war planner is captured and held in a German prisoner of war camp, a team of specialists take on the dangerous mission of trying to break him out. Trouble is, he doesn’t want to be rescued. OK, not as good. Both movies released in 2020.
Anyone here travel on the Concorde? One of Dad's friend claim he has but I think he is bee s.
I've been in Concorde, cockpit and a passenger seat. But never flew in it. I've only flown a handful of times though (Stanstead - Leningrad, Moscow - Stanstead, instrumented small aircraft flights as part of an Aero course, Bristol - Venice Marco Polo - Bristol, Bristol - Le Bourget - Newark - Dayton - Newark - Brussels - Bristol).
Concorde did fly frequently and carried a large number of passengers who were willing to pay the price premium for a cramped but faster and 'unique' transit of the Atlantic. It is certainly possible that a person did fly on one... but how can anyone give an opinion on whether one of your relatives is full of bs or not?
I think Dad's friend is full of it cos he wears the same old things, drives a 1970 car with several body damage. Whenever we seen him at a gathering and I don't know if he crashes or Dad invited him, we never see him offer to pay and never see him pay his part. Always says he has no money or forgot his wallet and always tells Dad he will get it the next time. Dead beat leecher don't have a kitchen sink and 2 pennies to take Greyhound, forget air travel.
Just watched the 2012 remake of Red Dawn. The original Red Dawn was an entertaining movie; good but nothing great. The 2012 remake was ... bad. Very bad. The premise of the original was unbelievable, but presented in a manner that made it acceptable. The plot and writing wasn’t great, but did well enough. The character development was pretty good and you came to understand and care about the characters. Even the bad guys were pretty well developed. Photography was pretty good. The remake took all the bad things in the original and made them worse. Plot and writing stunk. No real character development. Acting was bad especially Josh Peck. He was horrible. The battle scenes were filmed in a choppy manner than made them difficult to comprehend and was just an excuse to have flashy explosions and CGI. There was little good to find in it.
I wouldn’t recommend anyone waste their time watching it. On a scale of 1 to 10 it maybe could reach a 2.
Did I emphasize that it was a bad movie ?
Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Someday your life will flash in front of your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
Just watched the 2012 remake of Red Dawn. The original Red Dawn was an entertaining movie; good but nothing great. The 2012 remake was ... bad. Very bad. The premise of the original was unbelievable, but presented in a manner that made it acceptable. The plot and writing wasn’t great, but did well enough. The character development was pretty good and you came to understand and care about the characters. Even the bad guys were pretty well developed. Photography was pretty good. The remake took all the bad things in the original and made them worse. Plot and writing stunk. No real character development. Acting was bad especially Josh Peck. He was horrible. The battle scenes were filmed in a choppy manner than made them difficult to comprehend and was just an excuse to have flashy explosions and CGI. There was little good to find in it.
I wouldn’t recommend anyone waste their time watching it. On a scale of 1 to 10 it maybe could reach a 2.
Did I emphasize that it was a bad movie ?
Thought the same thing when I watched it. Was more like a waste of time watching it.
The Red Dawn remake had absolutely zero creative reasons to be made. It was also a box office flop to boot.
“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
On 3rd episode of Japanese series Alice in Borderland. I stop watching the other series I was following to concentrate on this:The Night Manager, The Mandalorian. The Hardy Boys, Black Narcissus. It's Fantastic!
I have finish The Night Manager. Great series. Why they never made a second series? The demo scene in episode 5 was impressive. Tom Hiddleston should be the next James Bond. Most people know him as Loki in the MCU movies. At 39 years old he is the right age. Moore was 46 in his first Bond film, Connery 32, Dalton 41, Brosnan 42, Craig 47, the idiot who quit after one film, 30.
I have finish The Night Manager. Great series. Why they never made a second series? The demo scene in episode 5 was impressive. Tom Hiddleston should be the next James Bond. Most people know him as Loki in the MCU movies. At 39 years old he is the right age. Moore was 46 in his first Bond film, Connery 32, Dalton 41, Brosnan 42, Craig 47, the idiot who quit after one film, 30.
Excellent series, been a couple of years since I seen it but yeah good, at first I was not going to watch it as I thought it was about hotels in the middle east - another docusoap but was pleasantly surprised.
Current docusoap is Below decks Mediterranean, started watching it as I was interested in the running of the megayachts. Feck me, £187,000 per week for the boat in the second series, I could buy a good sports cruiser for that money
Searching Yachting Monthly for a nice 40ft sports cruiser....
Chlanna nan con thigibh a so's gheibh sibh feoil Sons of the hound come here and get flesh Clan Cameron
1) "Burning Kentucky" - some independent movie I came across which is vastly underrated on IMDB. I warn, though, that the film is a slow burn, very dialogue and character heavy, and almost no action. I enjoyed it, and the ending made me think. Three stars out of four.
2) "I Love A Man In Uniform" - 1992's half-attempt at "Taxi Driver," with some differences in plot. This was a decent movie, and I did not fall asleep. Overall was a good watch, despite being maybe B-movie/Thursday Night Prime material. The best part was it was a nice dose of the past. This one is harder to rate, however. Had "Taxi" never existed, this would be three stars, but because it does, I could almost rate it 2.5 stars instead of three. I could swing either way, though. Not bad.
They’re sleek and steadfast, high-tech and high-capacity, dynamic and deadly. No matter the mission, from attack to rescue to disaster relief, these military helicopters always rise to the challenge. Get an up-close, inside look at the AH-64 Apache, UH-60 Black Hawk, CH-47 Chinook, and V-22 Osprey as we examine the machines and their most memorable missions. Through rare footage and interviews with the pilots who flew these choppers into danger, we show what gives these air warriors the ability to get the job done time and again.
On 17 January 1991, the 101st Aviation Regiment, fired the first shots of the war when eight AH-64 helicopters successfully destroyed two Iraqi early warning radar sites
8 Apache flying 50 feet off the ground with no navigational lights, no radio talking, no radar navigation assistance, only on night vision, for 2 hours and 200 miles they flew in the dark into Iraq to take out 2 Iraqi radar sites so they can clear a 20 mile wide air corridor to began the airstrike campaign.
They flew in, completed their mission, did not lose a single Apache, and then flew back. Those guys have guts of steel.
The AH-64 was famous for kicking off the Operation Desert Storm in 1991, when a flight led by Richard Cody (who at the time was a Lieutenant Colonel in the 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault) but later retired as a Major General) took out two Iraqi radar sites, paving the way for other Coalition flights.
Crazy Rich Asians: A bit of humorous fluff on the lite side of people watching. Well made and acted. The side kick female ( a bleached Blonde Asian} was a pip to watch. Also in the film the lady playing the wife ( Gemma Chan ) whose husband is goofing off is a Stunner. as well as a competent actor. Of Course, a film of this nature does not show the Stark difference between the rich and poor in that part of the world and what it forces families to do.
Also do not like the cast https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Stand_(2020_miniseries)#Cast
The 1994 miniseries had a good cast and it did get critics approvals and awards https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Stand_(1994_miniseries) I remember watching it and then asking Dad to buy me the book because I enjoy the series very much. That was my first time knowing anything by Stephen King.