SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Hop To
Page 192 of 442 1 2 … 190 191 192 193 194 … 441 442
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,026
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,026
Likes: 66
Originally Posted by JimK
"Bridge to Far", seen it in the Theater with my Dad when it became available. Mid 70s.



It came out the same year as Star Wars, 1977! I never saw it in the theater but I bought the dvd about over 15 years ago and I still have it. It's an outstanding war movie in every way possible.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 10,845
J
Veteran
Veteran
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 10,845
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
Originally Posted by JimK
"Bridge to Far", seen it in the Theater with my Dad when it became available. Mid 70s.



It came out the same year as Star Wars, 1977! I never saw it in the theater but I bought the dvd about over 15 years ago and I still have it. It's an outstanding war movie in every way possible.


Was 16, He was blown away by the first Star Wars movie, had to see again.


Erebus Full Tower:Windows 7 Ult 64bit:Intel� Core� i7
3930K Processor(6x 3.20GHz)32GB[4 GB X8] DDR3-1866:GPU
NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan 6GB:1.5Kw PSU: 43" Sceptre 4k:
LG Blu-ray burner,: hd1/750GB,hd2/2TB,hd3/1TB,hd4/1TB,HD5/4TB

Youtube videos
Flickr Photos
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010
Likes: 47
M
Veteran
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010
Likes: 47
Saw two movies this weekend, one great, one meh:

"The Cleaning Lady" 1.5 stars out of 4

"In This World..." 3.25 stars out of 4 - great independent film! Almost felt like a Woody Allen script, minus some of the nuanced, intellectual dialogue quips. The meandering journey with multifaceted relationships between the characters and the cohesiveness of the world, though, really brought it to life. Definitely made up for Friday Night's bomb, and then some. Wasn't quite as strong as "A Midnight in Paris" that I saw last weekend, which /was/ a Woody Allen film, but very great, regardless.

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,296
M
Crazy Courier
Senior Member
Crazy Courier
Senior Member
M Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,296
I watched "Scum" yesterday
A very controversial film at the time and probably even more so now.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079871/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Full movie free on YT, NSFW, don't watch if you're easily offended, scenes of violence, racism, rape and suicide. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Last edited by Mark Aisthorpe; 07/12/20 03:48 PM.

Asus Maximus XI Hero
i9-9900K
32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
Corsair H115i
Corsair RM850X PSU
Phanteks Evolv X
Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
Win 10
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,368
Likes: 19
C
Veteran
Veteran
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,368
Likes: 19
Scum is a great film. Ray Winstone plays a fine English gentleman. 'I'm the daddy now'! biggrin

Last edited by Chucky; 07/12/20 03:44 PM.

If you watch Jaws backwards, it's a heart warming story about a shark that spits out so many people that they have to open a beach.
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,296
M
Crazy Courier
Senior Member
Crazy Courier
Senior Member
M Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,296
Originally Posted by Chucky
Scum is a great film. Ray Winstone plays a fine English gentleman. 'I'm the daddy now'! biggrin


LOL, the absolute finest smile


Asus Maximus XI Hero
i9-9900K
32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
Corsair H115i
Corsair RM850X PSU
Phanteks Evolv X
Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
Win 10
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 8,976
Likes: 3
W
Far Out, Solid & Right On
Hotshot
Far Out, Solid & Right On
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 8,976
Likes: 3
Finished up Hunters on Amazon Prime. Good show. A couple of twists I did not see coming at the end. Definitely open ended for a second season.

Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 5,751
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 5,751
Finally made it through the whole Boardwalk Empire series and after a bit it grabbed me and drew me in,,You guys were right Good Show..I like long shows that let me get lost in..Got to find the next one


Russ
Semper Fi
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 10,845
J
Veteran
Veteran
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 10,845
Just finished the "Old Guard" on Netflix. its different. Liked it.


Erebus Full Tower:Windows 7 Ult 64bit:Intel� Core� i7
3930K Processor(6x 3.20GHz)32GB[4 GB X8] DDR3-1866:GPU
NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan 6GB:1.5Kw PSU: 43" Sceptre 4k:
LG Blu-ray burner,: hd1/750GB,hd2/2TB,hd3/1TB,hd4/1TB,HD5/4TB

Youtube videos
Flickr Photos
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,326
Likes: 19
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,326
Likes: 19


[Linked Image]
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 5,751
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 5,751
Apollo 13 just a bloody good show..If you don't get goose bumps at the end you are stone cold I renumber those days when we held our breath


Russ
Semper Fi
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,326
Likes: 19
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,326
Likes: 19
Tis HBO series is like that Kate Beckinsale movie Whiteout

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8290362/



[Linked Image]
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010
Likes: 47
M
Veteran
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010
Likes: 47
Tried watching "RED" last night, but fell asleep on the second half. Started out funny, but lack of character development and reasons to be invested in the story ultimately lead to boredom. Two stars for effort.

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,271
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,271
Watched “The Girl with All the Gifts” this evening. Entertaining, and standing way above the usual zombie genre.



Cheers,
Slug


"Major Burns isn't saying much of anything, Sir. I think he's formulating the answer..." - Radar - M*A*S*H
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,326
Likes: 19
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,326
Likes: 19
So my sisters and brothers and friends told me for many years and years how fantastic this movie is. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093779/ Told me I got to watch it and for many years and years I hesitated. I watch it last night, finally.

I ask what is so fantastic about it? It's boring. It's stupid. A waste of my time.

This is another movie they also told me for many years and years I can't miss and again for many many years I keep passing it. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089218/ After the disappointment I had, I think I will wait a few more years.


[Linked Image]
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 26,084
Likes: 167
O
Administrator
Lifer
Administrator
Lifer
O Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 26,084
Likes: 167
Watched Jumanji 2 last night. I liked it. Story was OK and Ruby Roundhouse was not hard on the eyes.


Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Someday your life will flash in front of your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 5,503
P
Hotshot
Hotshot
P Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 5,503
Yeah, "The Girl With All The Gifts," was good. I didn't even know that it was going to be a Zombie movie. I saw "Mother!" last night. I actually had to google "What is the meaning of "Mother!" When I saw the picture of Jennifer Lawrence in the promo photo she looked plastic and had a small chip taken out of her nose. I was expecting a "Stepford Wives" type of thing. But then I watched it and thought, "WTF."
To tell you the truth, finding out what it really meant made me like it a bit more.


"From our orbital vantage point, we observe an earth without borders, full of peace, beauty and magnificence, and we pray that humanity as a whole can imagine a borderless world as we see it, and strive to live as one in peace."
Astronaut William C. McCool RIP, January 29, 2003 - Space Shuttle Columbia

Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,368
Likes: 19
C
Veteran
Veteran
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,368
Likes: 19
The Prince's Bride is boring,stupid and a waste of time? Inconceivable!


If you watch Jaws backwards, it's a heart warming story about a shark that spits out so many people that they have to open a beach.
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
W
Lifer
Lifer
W Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
Originally Posted by Pooch
Yeah, "The Girl With All The Gifts," was good. I didn't even know that it was going to be a Zombie movie. I saw "Mother!" last night. I actually had to google "What is the meaning of "Mother!" When I saw the picture of Jennifer Lawrence in the promo photo she looked plastic and had a small chip taken out of her nose. I was expecting a "Stepford Wives" type of thing. But then I watched it and thought, "WTF."
To tell you the truth, finding out what it really meant made me like it a bit more.

This was the movie with that Title that came to mind for me.

Mother (1996)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117091/


Video Source: https://youtu.be/YnSWoPD1KtE


Wheels


Cheers wave
Wheelsup_cavu

Mission4Today (Campaigns, Missions, and Skins for IL-2)
Planes of Fame Air Museum | March Field Air Museum | Palm Springs Air Museum
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 5,751
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 5,751
watching Homeland on Showtime..Drags in spots and the ending to the first season was a tad weird but good show to pass a hot day


Russ
Semper Fi
Page 192 of 442 1 2 … 190 191 192 193 194 … 441 442

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,075,123 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1