SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 27 of 33 1 2 … 25 26 27 28 29 … 32 33
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 2,106
Member
Member
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 2,106
An initiation! Don the hoods and capes and light the torches, lads.

Joined: May 2012
Posts: 4,887
Likes: 3
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
Senior Member
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
Senior Member
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 4,887
Likes: 3
.

No hoods, capes, or torches Raine, I believe that's the Elks Club.

For our new members here who are unfamiliar with it, here is a brief outline of what they have to look forward to: Each new initiate will place themselves upside down upon the wooden school chair, perched atop a precarious pile of furniture in the Mess, with the soot-encrusted soles of their flying boots pressed firmly against the ceiling. Vice President Dej, or in his stead Robert, (or for that matter any other senior member who wishes), shall then give each initiate three whacks with the cricket bat, following which the initiate shall recite the words, "Oooh Matron! Is that a dodo in my trousers?", in an octave higher than his normal speaking voice. Upon descending from the perch each new member shall then be given a glass of Warsteiner which they will raise in salute to our assembly, saying "Per dementia ad astra!", at which we shall all down our drink in one.

Let the rites of passage begin!

.

Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 740
A
Livestreamer/YouTuber
Member
Livestreamer/YouTuber
Member
A Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 740
Originally Posted by Sailor_Steve
Don't know how I missed this before, but yeah, I do believe I qualify. My own lack of grip on reality is compounded by the fact that I have the same addiction with WW2 Submarine simulations and with a WW1 and 2 (and Korea and modern) sim/game that I've played with friends on hobby shop game floors with model aeroplanes for the past forty years.

A friend of mine (now sadly gone) once told us that he was apparently talking in his sleep, because over breakfast the next morning his wife asked him "What does 'break left' mean?"


Aha! I knew I'd sheen you beef- sheen you bee *hic* sheen ubefur. Shtand shtill you shwabbie, you obviously don't have your land legs or you'd be shtanding shtill like *hic* like *hic* like me. Neither does your twin or that other guy on your left who looks jusht like you too. *HIC* Shouldn't be in the offishers bar without your land legs, itsh bad form. All of shtand shtill, you're making me shea shick.

Now, "Break left" means, tacitcally turning left as fast as you can without breaking anything. Like thish...

*tries to perform a right turn and falls through the mess's new piano*

*hic*


Let's pretend I got the BWOC badge to embed here.

Wenn ihr sieg im deine Kampf selbst gegen, wirst stark wie Stahl sein.
"The best techniques are passed on by the survivors." - Gaiden Shinji
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 214
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 214
Originally Posted by RAF_Louvert
.

No hoods, capes, or torches Raine, I believe that's the Elks Club.

For our new members here who are unfamiliar with it, here is a brief outline of what they have to look forward to: Each new initiate will place themselves upside down upon the wooden school chair, perched atop a precarious pile of furniture in the Mess, with the soot-encrusted soles of their flying boots pressed firmly against the ceiling. Vice President Dej, or in his stead Robert, (or for that matter any other senior member who wishes), shall then give each initiate three whacks with the cricket bat, following which the initiate shall recite the words, "Oooh Matron! Is that a dodo in my trousers?", in an octave higher than his normal speaking voice. Upon descending from the perch each new member shall then be given a glass of Warsteiner which they will raise in salute to our assembly, saying "Per dementia ad astra!", at which we shall all down our drink in one.

Let the rites of passage begin!

.


It sounds like my kinda Officer's Club.

Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 321
Member
Member
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 321
Hah! What a bunch of crazies!!

Let's see....rule one...huh! I've actually had that happen to me! Okay, rule two...oh, I've done that too...err...rule three? All my virtual pilots' AI wingmen have backstories? Yeah, right! I only came up for backstories for Lemoine, Jacky-Boy, Switch-Off, Jimmy...Reynard....er....little Devienne.....uhh.....and McHarg, Teddie Lawson, Victor Vertadier......

Huh.

...okay....rule 4....Nope! Not me! No maps on my desktop! Oh, wait, what's this stack of folded up papers?

oh no...

Okay, where do I sign?

Last edited by Wulfe; 04/20/19 01:24 AM.
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 4,887
Likes: 3
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
Senior Member
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
Senior Member
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 4,887
Likes: 3
.

Gentlemen, and I use the term most loosely, we have another new vict - err - umm member. Welcome aboard Wulfe, your tab has been started at the bar and will be abused most heartily. And speaking of abuse - Robert! The cricket bat, if you would be so kind.

BWOC BWOC BWOC!

.

Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,111
Likes: 5
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,111
Likes: 5
Here, here. I heartily welcome this gentleman as he has shown himself to be the right sort! And now for the spanking!


Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from either end.
BOC Member since....I can't remember!
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 4,887
Likes: 3
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
Senior Member
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
Senior Member
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 4,887
Likes: 3
.

To quote the eightscore young blondes and brunettes of the Castle Anthrax: "A spanking, a spanking!" To be fair though, in this case it's really more of, "A beating, a beating!"

.

Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,997
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Hotshot
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Hotshot
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,997
And now if you qould be so kind to begin the piping in of the bat I will present said illustrious instrument to our leader, Lou to administer the rights of passage! But first, a round to whet the whistle of our piper!

Last edited by Robert_Wiggins; 04/20/19 12:45 PM.

(System_Specs)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt
MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered
CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler
Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB
OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD
Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L
Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4

Joined: May 2012
Posts: 4,887
Likes: 3
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
Senior Member
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
Senior Member
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 4,887
Likes: 3
.

Hello old friend. And you too Robert, hello to you as well. biggrin

[Linked Image]

.

Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 3,696
F
Senior Member
Senior Member
F Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 3,696
Wulfe, are you sure you still want to join? Believe me, no amount of padding in your trousers will help. Welcome to the Brotherhood, Get used to seeing this room from the worm’s eye perspective, a lot.


"Take the cylinder out of my kidneys,
The connecting rod out of my brain, my brain,
From out of my arse take the camshaft,
And assemble the engine again."
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 321
Member
Member
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 321
oh boy...

Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 867
Member
Member
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 867

Well, as of now, I drive one of these French Morane Parasol crates in Feb 1915 in a recon/bombing role for my observer. A nice chap but a bit reserved. I got into this lark 'cause the sheilas love a uniform and a bit of this and that. I dunno, they think I'm a bleedin' hero or something he he! You know, fighting for king and country, freedom against tyranny etc. I really think they just enjoy a good serve. So, I try to keep my head down and stay out of strife with the brass and not endanger myself too much. I'm angling for a "blighty", not too bad see, but enough to get me out of this conflict before it gets dangerous. I'm working on it and have a plan. But, if you think I'm gonna tell you, well, you're bloody barmy. Anyway, thanks to the free flight training I received, I aim to set up a flying machine business back in the old dart taking up rich young ladies for a bit of a thrill if you know what I mean.

So that's it, do I qualify and where's the bloody bar?

Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 740
A
Livestreamer/YouTuber
Member
Livestreamer/YouTuber
Member
A Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 740
Originally Posted by catch

Well, as of now, I drive one of these French Morane Parasol crates in Feb 1915 in a recon/bombing role for my observer. A nice chap but a bit reserved. I got into this lark 'cause the sheilas love a uniform and a bit of this and that. I dunno, they think I'm a bleedin' hero or something he he! You know, fighting for king and country, freedom against tyranny etc. I really think they just enjoy a good serve. So, I try to keep my head down and stay out of strife with the brass and not endanger myself too much. I'm angling for a "blighty", not too bad see, but enough to get me out of this conflict before it gets dangerous. I'm working on it and have a plan. But, if you think I'm gonna tell you, well, you're bloody barmy. Anyway, thanks to the free flight training I received, I aim to set up a flying machine business back in the old dart taking up rich young ladies for a bit of a thrill if you know what I mean.

So that's it, do I qualify and where's the bloody bar?


You just know that this chap survived the war, became involved in some horse racing racket and ended up driving a Jag at some point in the 1970's


Let's pretend I got the BWOC badge to embed here.

Wenn ihr sieg im deine Kampf selbst gegen, wirst stark wie Stahl sein.
"The best techniques are passed on by the survivors." - Gaiden Shinji
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 4,887
Likes: 3
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
Senior Member
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
Senior Member
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 4,887
Likes: 3
.

Another fellow with a less-than-firm grip on reality wishing to be with us, eh? Excellent, the more the barmier. Catch, from your above ravings I'd say you are more than qualified to join our cadre. "Aye!" says I. What say the rest of you, or at least those of you currently capable of stringing together a lucid response.

.


[Linked Image]

Three RFC Brass Hats were strolling down a street in London. Two walked into a bar, the third one ducked.
_________________________________________________________________________

Former Cold War Warrior, USAF Security Service 1974-1978, E-4, Morse Systems Intercept, England, Europe, and points above.
"pippy-pahpah-pippy pah-pip-pah"

Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,997
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Hotshot
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Hotshot
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,997
Not so fast Catch! First you need to attend the meet and greet with our illustrious leader "Lou", the membership and last but not least, to keep everything cricket, an encounter with our batman. Then you may attend the bar and empty your pockets in celebration.

Where is Lou. Has anyone seen him?


(System_Specs)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt
MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered
CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler
Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB
OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD
Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L
Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4

Joined: May 2012
Posts: 4,887
Likes: 3
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
Senior Member
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
Senior Member
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 4,887
Likes: 3
.

Clean your beer goggles Robert, I'm right here. wave2

.

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 8,471
Likes: 13
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 8,471
Likes: 13
I have to say I must be a tad barmy... anytime I am near a computer, day or night, I log into simhq and the WoFF forums to see if there is a new post of interest to peruse or a video to watch!
My other half often tells me I'm barmy, and half expects me to be wearing my flying helmet and goggles when she walks in and catches me playing WoFF with that 'mad expression' on my face... (it's actually pure concentration) biggrin

Joined: May 2012
Posts: 4,887
Likes: 3
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
Senior Member
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
Senior Member
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 4,887
Likes: 3
.

Trooper, I don't see your name anywhere on the "Roll Call Of The Barmy". Might we take this as your official application to join? By my reckoning you far surpass the required minimums and your mental state seems clearly in question. We're always looking for more bar tabs to take advantage of.

.

Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 740
A
Livestreamer/YouTuber
Member
Livestreamer/YouTuber
Member
A Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 740
An aye for an Ei, I say. Anyone for BWOC Cricket?

Trooper, is this your WoFF face?

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Ace_Pilto; 10/08/19 12:44 PM.

Let's pretend I got the BWOC badge to embed here.

Wenn ihr sieg im deine Kampf selbst gegen, wirst stark wie Stahl sein.
"The best techniques are passed on by the survivors." - Gaiden Shinji
Page 27 of 33 1 2 … 25 26 27 28 29 … 32 33

Moderated by  Polovski, Winding Man 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,070,717 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1