|
|
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 683
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 683 |
so I only need EECH CD? EEAH is not needed anymore? you will have no instrument needles in Mi-28 cockpit without EEAH installed. You won't have Havoc needles despite of anything. EEAH gives nothing.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,386
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,386 |
]You won't have Havoc needles despite of anything. EEAH gives nothing. I remember that they appears if EEAH properly installed, but I didn't try it for years. yep, looks like it doesn't work now. ------------------ Played with Powerstomp several hours, everything works great (except bouncing bug that he have). you can always try it by yourself - turn on masterserver and look for someone's game, or make your own. it's fun!
Last edited by thealx; 02/29/16 06:30 PM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 751
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 751 |
Hi thealx,
Full screen mode was on (fs=1) so I tried switching it to windowed mode and it works.
Unfortunately in windowed mode the in game graphics are slower. I switched all graphics to low and switched off the cockpit rotors. Even with this the FPS dropped to 16 when near any trees.
I remember that running in windowed mode in previous version would do this as well.
cheers,
Andy
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 683
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 683 |
Unfortunately in windowed mode the in game graphics are slower. Will you provide debug.log file you were asked to?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 751
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 751 |
Hi Guys, Very strangely, after I ran in windowed mode I tried switching back to full screen mode. After about 10 seconds of the black screen the loading screen appeared. Menus ran fine until I clicked on an option and then it minimised itself on to the system tray. If I click on it again the game runs fine. New graphics are brilliant by the way!!!! Anyway, the debug.log file is zipped and is here http://www.simpit.me.uk/download/DEBUG.zipHope it makes some sense to you. Cheers, Andy
Last edited by AndyB; 02/29/16 08:17 PM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 80
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 80 |
Andy , not sure about the long delay on the black screen , but this version does have an issue when running 2 monitors (extended view). I'm assuming from your description that you have 2 monitors going. [main monitor= game ; secondary monitor= desktop]
If you'll notice next time... your cursor will appear on both screens as you move cursor to the right. It does the same thing to me ,but after it minimizes and you go back it does fine and locks in to the game screen only. (but tends to reoccur occasionally when choosing missions or adjusting options)
[Full screen issue] The only time I had trouble with the black screen was when I tried to export the mfd to the second monitor. I had to change the default resolution in the EECH.ini file for the mfd screen from 640x400 to a higher resolution. Even though its for the second monitor , the primary monitor will just show black screen unless this is done.
Hope this helps.
Powerstomp
Last edited by Powerstomp; 02/29/16 10:34 PM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 48
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 48 |
eeah whether the installation is not needed?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,386
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,386 |
eeah whether the installation is not needed? yes, installed EEAH is not required.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 751
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 751 |
Hi Powerstomp,
Yes, you're absolutely correct about the dual monitors and the cursor activity.
I did know about the exporting MFD problem as I'd have that in previous versions. It is set to "0".
Cheers,
Andy
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 683
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 683 |
The process you're describing looks like font glyphs creation/usage. But usually it takes a couple of seconds. Is your hard drive so heavily fragmented?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 277
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 277 |
I didn't have the time to play with this yet (tbh i'm completely out of date, i have to "learn" everything again), but i've installed everything, run the demo and.....very well done.
Last edited by xXNightEagleXx; 03/03/16 04:03 AM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,386
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,386 |
blackshark , I dont think it because of font (custom was replaced with system default), especally that it was made just now.
about axis names - it's not rendering or fonts issue but joystick initialisation stuff, it can't read cyrillic characters properly.
about other reports - several fixes was made, but yesterday problems with my hard drive suddenly appears, so I will try to fix them and share new patch right after.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 1,458
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 1,458 |
Is it necessary to do a fresh install of EECH?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 683
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 683 |
It's possible, but in previous versions was not such a situation.Something change?Also very strange and long hdd work when I change resolution. Btw thealx change something with fonts. Maybe this is some general problem with fonts ? The font usage was changed allowing to use standard encoding in TLATE.DAT files. It allows to write translations of different phrases with simple editors. But it increased number of symbols to be allowed to be drawn by two hundred times. Every time the resolution changes fonts are rerendered again, thus it's the timeout. But it is both unusual to have such large timeout (mine is about five seconds) and have problems with symbols drawing. Thus I think you may have a problem in your system. I cant make screen ATM this is from thealx but here I have artifacts not everywhere, but few appear. Btw VERY helpful this new controls menu  I'll try to fix that. If you find more of those artifacts - please report.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 4,841
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 4,841 |
Awesome! Thanks very much for this patch 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 4,841
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 4,841 |
After my initial excitement I (obviously) decided to download and install version 1.16.0
However I had a problem after installing the new patch, a problem which I was later able to solve. What happened wad the following:
First I installed 1.16.0 version on my previously installed 1.15.2 version and after starting EECH 1.16.0 and just after the initial splash screen I got a Crash to Desktop (CTD) with the following error message: "Current player profile is corrupted!"
Then I uninstalled EECH (and EEAH) and installed both EEAH and EECH again and of course in the end I installed path 1.16.0 but I got the exact same error/problem (CTD with "Current player profile is corrupted!" error). After this, I decided to deleted the files related to the EECH player profile (players.bin and playersv.bin files) and after this EECH started ok and I was able to play it. I just posted this, in case someone has the same problem that I had.
By the way, I have an another question: I noticed that you didn't include my 2 Cuban campaigns (but my Libyan campaign is still present in 1.16.0). Is there a problem with both my Cuban campaigns (called "Cuba Libre" and "Cuba Libre 2") and 1.16.0? If that's the case I could look at them and try to put them to work with the new 1.16.0 version...
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,386
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,386 |
hi, ricnunes! as I said 1.16.0 can be installed only on clean EECH, you will get different kinds of issues after update from 1.15.x. as for corrupted profile error - this one appears sometimes since last update. can you provide this file so I can make some tests with it.
about your campaigns - as you remember, I did tell you that they (at Cuba map) have some problems that appears in debug build, now it's became worse - campaign files can't pass safety checks before it's start. you can try to run your campaigns in 1.16 version and maybe you will find the issue after adjustments of campaign configuration. if not - I will try to help you, but I'm no familiar with mission creation so don't wait too much. on the future - always check everything that you make in debug build, if errors appears - you will have a clue what's wrong.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,386
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,386 |
FIX1 patch is available for download.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 1,699
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 1,699 |
thealx, when you say "clean install" you mean EECH alone or EEAH/CH combined and if the case, was it not necessary to run EEAH once before installing EECH over and possibly (can't remember), didn't EECH contain any sort of patch? Also different EECH editions would be patched to different levels (I'm thinking of the GoG version for example, compared to the original retail): will this affect the final result?
Airplanes are now built to carry a pilot and a dog in the cockpit: the pilot's job is to feed the dog, and the dog's job is to bite the pilot if he touches anything...
- Arlen Rens, Lockheed Martin test pilot
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,386
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,386 |
I mean EECH should not have any mods or unofficial patches installed. you have to launch EEAH once, but currently EEAH itself will give nothing to you. no need to launch EECH right after installation. there is no differences between GoG or CD, they all suitable for our needs. no probs was reported at least.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
|
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
|
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|