SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sokol1 #4289294 08/22/16 04:02 AM
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 13,180
Likes: 3
B
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 13,180
Likes: 3
updated to 2003

Wish I could get better frame rates, but my old computer may not have what it takes

Sokol1 #4289380 08/22/16 02:10 PM
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 49,716
J
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 49,716
I didn't think BoS was all that demanding compared to many other games out there, what are you running?
Even a 4 yr old CPU is probably ok (my i7-2600k still ran this great), you just need a decent video card nowadays.



The Jedi Master


The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
Sokol1 #4289441 08/22/16 03:57 PM
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 9,145
Likes: 8
A
Hotshot
Hotshot
A Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 9,145
Likes: 8
I'm running on an OC'd i7 920 @ 3.5Ghz. Runs well but I have a pretty good vid card (Specs in sig) to back that up.


"Go Fly A Kite!"
-Jason R.
FS-WWI Project Leader
FS-WWI Plane Pack Site

Intel i7 14700k
Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite X
64GB Corsair DDR5 6400 Dominator Titanium
AMD XFX 7900 XTX Merc310 Black Edition
LG UltraGear 38GN95B-B 38" monitor
Corsair HX1200 PSU
1TB EVO 980 Pro M.2 PCIe x4 SSD
2TB EVO 980 Pro M.2 PCIe x4 SSD
Two 2TB EVO 860 SSDs
Sound Blaster ZxR
Win 10 x64 Pro
HOTAS Cougar #4069 w/Uber II Nxt mod #284 & UTM bushings
bisher #4289468 08/22/16 05:39 PM
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 20
8
Junior Member
Junior Member
8 Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 20
Originally Posted By: bisher


You think it's bad now wait until that team fusion guy shows up lol biggrin



Actually speaking as a member of Team Fusion, I can say quite clearly I have no animosity towards Jason and the people at BoS.

I was a happy customer of RISE OF FLIGHT, (in fact contributed aircraft/cockpit photos to help with the 3D modeling) spent many hours playing that game. Haven't had a chance to play BATTLE OF STALINGRAD due to my time being focused on TF and CLIFFS OF DOVER, but I know lots of people who do fly it and enjoy it.

Those who like to set up adversarial relationships in the Flight Sim community are thinking in a shortsighted way.

The more Flight Sims out there, the bigger the community... and the more opportunity to grow.

The healthiest time for Flight Sims was in the late '90's when you had RED BARON 3D, EUROPEAN AIR WAR, JANE'S WWII FIGHTERS, ACES HIGH, MIG ALLEY, BATTLE OF BRITAIN, B-17-II, etc. etc. etc.

Non of the above games were perfect, they all had flaws, but they did provide players with an opportunity to enjoy many different theaters and eras of air combat.

Am I nostalgic? For the community we have lost, yes, for the quality of games? No. CLIFFS OF DOVER, BATTLE OF STALINGRAD, BATTLE OF MOSCOW are all better games than any of those I listed. Heck, even though I never would consider playing it, WAR THUNDER is a great arcade flyer. whenpigsfly

People need to think carefully before starting with the diatribes and hatred... it's not healthy, and its not HELPFUL. The nastiness and bad feelings on the 1C CLIFFS OF DOVER forum had a large part in the demise of that game. explode

Were there mistakes made in regards to the development of CLIFFS OF DOVER? Sure, sometimes sh*t happens, especially when a bottom line has to be met, money is being spent, and there is a deadline.

I like to look on the positive side... there were a lot of good design decisions made in the building of CLIFFS OF DOVER's engine, thanks to Oleg, and Ilya... without those decisions, TEAM FUSION would not have the solid foundation we were able to build on.

Anyway, I wish the best to Jason and the guys at 1C/GS, hoping they are able to continue to produce interesting and enjoyable Flight Simming products for the community... meanwhile we at TF will continue to try to do what we can with CoD. beercheers

Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 473
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 473
Thank you 88Buzsaw88. Well said cheers


Taxes are my part time profession, flying is my passion.
Sokol1 #4289548 08/22/16 08:38 PM
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 839
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 839
Well put, sir.

Flight simming has never been so exciting!

Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 683
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 683
Originally Posted By: 88Buzzsaw88

Anyway, I wish the best to Jason and the guys at 1C/GS, hoping they are able to continue to produce interesting and enjoyable Flight Simming products for the community... meanwhile we at TF will continue to try to do what we can with CoD.


thumbsup

And we thank you very much for all your contributions to TF for our benefit!!


Don

EVGA X-79 Dark MB|I-7 [email protected] GHz|EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3|16GB Corsair Dominator PC2133 Ram|Oculus Rift CV1|Virpil T-50 stick, Warthog throttle|MFG Crosswind Pedals
Sokol1 #4289619 08/22/16 11:24 PM
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 13,180
Likes: 3
B
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 13,180
Likes: 3
Yes Jedi my rig is about 8 years. so not surprising my frame rates are low

That was offered as a bit of a joke Buzzsaw, that team fusion comment. Based on past events smile

BlueHeron #4289650 08/23/16 01:20 AM
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 5,562
Chief Pheasant Controller
Hotshot
Chief Pheasant Controller
Hotshot
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 5,562
Originally Posted By: BlueHeron


Flight simming has never been so exciting!


I'll have whatever he had to get him to say that. old_simmer


I'm pretty sure 1991-2000 or so is unbeatable. But hey, I guess if you're younger than 50 you may not know!


"For I know the plans that I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Matthew 5:11

Indeed we call blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of the perseverance of Job, and you have seen the purpose of the Lord, because “the Lord is compassionate and merciful. James 5:11
Airdrop01 #4289765 08/23/16 01:05 PM
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 3,745
H
Senior Member
Senior Member
H Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 3,745
Originally Posted By: Airdrop01
Originally Posted By: BlueHeron


Flight simming has never been so exciting!


I'll have whatever he had to get him to say that. old_simmer


I'm pretty sure 1991-2000 or so is unbeatable. But hey, I guess if you're younger than 50 you may not know!


2001-2006, the real IL2 years.


[Linked Image]
Sokol1 #4289787 08/23/16 01:45 PM
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 5,562
Chief Pheasant Controller
Hotshot
Chief Pheasant Controller
Hotshot
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 5,562
Though I will say, if Jason makes the SP changes talked about, that would very much get me to buy BOM and play BOS again.


"For I know the plans that I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Matthew 5:11

Indeed we call blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of the perseverance of Job, and you have seen the purpose of the Lord, because “the Lord is compassionate and merciful. James 5:11
bisher #4289923 08/23/16 07:03 PM
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 49,716
J
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 49,716
Originally Posted By: bisher
Yes Jedi my rig is about 8 years. so not surprising my frame rates are low

That was offered as a bit of a joke Buzzsaw, that team fusion comment. Based on past events smile


My daughter is 8 next month, she just started 2nd grade. I have a laptop from just before she was born, I can't do much of anything with it anymore. Core 2 Duo 2GHz, 8600M video...good for anything up to about 2007 I'd say. smile



The Jedi Master


The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
Sokol1 #4289925 08/23/16 07:10 PM
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 13,180
Likes: 3
B
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 13,180
Likes: 3
lol yes my computer is a duo core 2.33 or some darn thing with a newer vid card

Some games play better than others, Project Cars is a write off, Asseto Corsa plays fairly well.

Sokol1 #4290111 08/24/16 12:59 PM
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 49,716
J
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 49,716
Interesting, I see roughly equal performance in them with my rig so I never would've guessed one needed more than the other.

Anyway, find some parts to get your computer up to the standard from when the last Olympics was held and I think you'll be fine.




The Jedi Master


The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 13,180
Likes: 3
B
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 13,180
Likes: 3
Originally Posted By: Jedi Master


Anyway, find some parts to get your computer up to the standard from when the last Olympics was held and I think you'll be fine.


The Jedi Master


lol yes I definitely need an upgrade biggrin

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  CyBerkut, RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,071,495 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1