- Back sight of the M468 still not working for some reason, but the others do, may be an issue with Addon Builder
- Otherwise Barrett M468 works, and quite well. Right now needs a competent, reliable artist who does guns to get the new model done right. It is UV mapped but I don't have the inclination to work on guns since i suck at gun textures.
- I may look into adding a VEPR that ssplainskin has been bugging me about, more on that later on.
UH-60s
- Fixing a lot of bugs, still no Hellfires. ADuke is making some futuristic looking ones and that may go on the MH-92s if they show up in-game.
- Methinks because how the configs are setup, Manual Fire just doesn't want to work with me, which is very strange as it... should. So you'll have to sit in the Co-Pilot's seat for now or have a competent pilot in for the M230 armed versions
- I have an initial config for the AH-64D from A2, still need to take some time and get it fleshed out more, but it's there to be added. Given I only plan on doing one version (May do an non-radar D as well, given past history with Jane's Longbow many, many moons ago) but i I can get the UAV feed working, I can make it an "E" and so on. But for now expect a normal US Army D model, until told otherwise.
- I made a darker (believe it or not) skin for the MH-80 as well as more tweaks, but otherwise no real change to that.
Kiowa
- Main rotor is somewhat jilted too as it won't spin even though everything works, but that's the only issue, as I found some geometries from ADuke's sample work and modifying it to the newer airframe. There are also pylons (or whatever they're really called) so once everything else works I can look at some armed versions.
And a couple WIP shots. more than likely next week I'll get back into more A3 stuff but for now just to show that things are still being worked on:
Also thanks from ADuke823, he remapped the UV for the ductfans, so now I can put some better (and needed) detail into the area. The S-94s show some areas where the blade mounts were removed but overall just better mapping so I can put more clearer warning signs, and so on:
And the "new" MH-80 skin. Looks actually a bit better than the BIS one but not by much:
- Added Black skinned vehicles for the Initiative Faction, a reskinned Offroad, Initiative Gun Truck, Zamak Transport, as well as reskinned (BIS) Initiative Pawnee and Littlebird. - Added a Laser Guided round for the M252/L16 mortar, which is designed for anti-vehicle rather than anti-personnel work. It should be noted that the White Smoke rounds have been reduced to four rounds as a game balance. - Barrett M107/103s now can be zeroed up to 2000m. - Added a 10-inch HK615 in black as well as Desert versions. The PMAG is still very much WIP. - Added Barrett M468, it should be noted that it is in an Alpha condition but good enough to shoot with. It should be noted due to some bug the backsight won't flip down right so it is currently permanently down. Once I figure out the issue and get the textures finalized I'll make it work. - Condensed some configs and the gear to two PBOs.
Went on the TF Warhorse server to chill, max and relax, and noticed some serious bugs:
- Re-downloading the Tools jacked up some RVMATs, fixed.
- Went to go toss a grenade, the damn thing fell out of my hand, butter fingers? Nope bad config checking. most definitely fixed (nothing like getting blown up by your own gear lol)
In a few days i should be "off" from DCS, I'm finishing up a VFA-122 Desert skin and have to knock out VFA-31 (the whole squadron anyway) and then I can get back more into A3 stuff. Again I've been doing here's and theres and getting things retweaked:
Gun pack
- I"m a big Space: Above and Beyond fan so right now I can do that pistol (M70) from the show, with some various tweaks given A3 functionality, more to follow on that.
- Took some time to tweak the sounds, as I'm still using pre-1.56 sound configs and again having more issues with sounds, which is weird since I never hear MX's but hear everything else, and not other mods. On the other gun mod note I can't take responsibility for other people's work so coming to me about hujamaface's mod is kinda stupid, as if they're having an issue with their mod, then go to them, simple.
- HK615s are going to get Magpul magazines, just to make them look a bit better.
UH-60
- Still fighting the AH-64 a bit, as it's being a real #%&*$# getting to just work right. It's slowly coming along but that'll be some time.
Kiowa:
- Again haven't been able to touch it much, but will.
I've started to use TrackIR for about a week now and remembered some commentary about 3D scopes and how it disorients people and so on, and how 2D scopes are preferred because of it, so I recorded this video just to show how you can still use a TrackIR with my scopes.
- After an experiment I found that creating a new model actually solved the "Invisible Hellfire" Syndrome, so I'm creating a new missile entirely, the "AGM-117 Rattler" to kind of move away from the whole current tech and go with something newish, but is just an improved HF anyway. So they're showing up and I'm developing the design based off of a design ADuke823 made and he has no time getting to me, so I'll make my own thing so now they show and that's what's good/ What's weird now is no worky still, so have to troubleshoot it. The DCS stuff is finally getting done (I never figured a skin would take a total of a day to finish but.... whatever) so I'll be slowly working on the A3 stuff hopefully within a few days or so.
This is a model that ADuke823 sent to me to help with a project (UH-60s) and when talking to him, said that it was kosher to release given I fixed a lot of the things that he didn't have time to fix, so it works, it flies and What You See Is What You Get for now. Given most of the hard work was done, all I needed to do was make it workable. The helo features a left M2, and right M134, and two FFV spots. Doors stay open (door gunner reasons) but it shoots and kills things.
- Went over the Fire Geometries and cleaned up and enhanced the HitPoints for the various glass and other systems, via config and of course all the models.
- AH-64D hasn't been touched at all yet.
UH-1:
- Removed the "GEAR" indicator on the MFD
- Switched out the DAGRS for DARs. Given various reference photos there is no real reason to make them visible in the pods.
- Need to confirm if it can be deployed via Zeus
Gun pack:
- I was able to get the M70A1 working, some issues with clipping (even the TV Show version was quite big and probably used a custom holster, which I can't mod for the game). There is the ability to "Shrink" the pistol in the holster but debating that as most of the guns are designed to look somewhat normal without clipping. As such it sticks out but I still like how it's working out so far. It'll have a railed top as in the picture and on the left hand side a laser/light slot, as the show version had some fake visible laser thingamajig to make it look cool. Otherwise it's a Glock 17 that fires only JHP ammo.
Kiowa:
- Got the doors set and the glass also set (still needs some tweaking) and texturing to be done. As such it's slowly coming along.
- Apparently figured out the issue with VAS and my version of the AN/PRC-152 and how it would not reload with loadouts, Apprently it's just the DIsplayname, and not the classname is the issue with them, so no change to the overall classname, but will just be "PRC-152". So when you save a loadout with them, it won't magically disappear when TFAR is enabled.
- Graphics glitching. Apparently when you enter a vehicle and exit, my weapons glitch for some reason, methinks it may be a model.cfg issue so I'll see about fixing that. For now just grab my weapons or go to Virtual Arsenal and just select a weapon, doesn't matter. So then that bug can be worked around. Once I'm back into it I"ll see if redoing the model.cfg will fix that issue.
- Addon Builder is doing some funky business with the Alphas so at night at certain angles you literally can't see #%&*$#, only so far noticed with the ACOGs.
UH-1:
- I've tweaked some things and moving he pilot positions around like the UH-60s so it looks right, and yes the sticks will be animated. Once I get that done and confirm I can use Zeus, that will be out shortly once those are settled.
I have an XO and LIne skin to knock out for DCS so within a couple days I'll be more back into A3.
And initial Rattler seeker head texturing. In this case I'm opting to not use a Hellfire type system, but keep it simple, texture courtesy of ADuke823:
- Okay having some teething issues with my version of the TFAR AN/PRC-152 as on a dedicated server so far it completely disappears when TFAR initializes. So that's for something to fix.
- Adding a requested Bulldog 7.62 rifle, both standard and some kind of GL version, more to follow on that. People I don't mind requests but realize that me accepting doesn't mean you can flood me with more. Seriously I have more than enough on my plate and so far need some time to work on just more than requests. Sometimes I do more, but overall I can't do everything, nor will I always want to.
- Need to finalize the M70A1.
- That and other necessary fixes will be slated for the next version.
UH-60
- RC19 will not have the mentioned and brought up Apache. I'm having some issues and given that I promised working missiles on the MH-92 DAPs I can finally deliver later on Friday. I had hoped to slip it in and "works" but there are some more issues so RC20 will probably see the Apache.
UH-1:
- For some reason the rotors started to shrink and expand when starting up so.... WTF is going through my mind so I need to go through that as well as figure out why the sticks won't move. Figures the easiest part gives me the most trouble. I asked Odie0531 about S[eedballs but given that usually the USMC steals off of the US Army, I will at least include two but overall like the rest, milsim units have that responsibility to make their own versions.
Kiowa:
- Will texture the doors and hopefully get an Alpha out.