|
|
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,377 Likes: 3
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,377 Likes: 3 |
Basil has been buisy the last few days. He moved to No.6 at Abeele and has been doing some free flying with his new Fe2a grid. Seems No.6 are not just doing shoots and such, but actually hunting the Hun. Basil has also been put forward to be a Temporary Gentleman(fox) and will be leaving for England early december for 4 weeks....good luck Basil.   
make mistakes and learn from them
I5 4440 3.1Ghz, Asrock B85m Pro3, Gtx 1060 3GB
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 139
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 139 |
I like this version of the DiD campaign. U get to play with all the early aircraft. If u use the more realistic mods, the old a/c are a handful. Just getting hits are shoot and pray. Knocking an aircraft down = a well done.
Agreed - but I do have to say Bristol Scout vs. Aviatik B1 = Turkey Shoot. And if you run into a lot of B1s, as I did last week, the good amount of ammo helps. The N11 is another story - very limited ammo with C1s and E1s that shoot back. Whether I'm successful in the engagement or not, I never come back with a lot of ammo. Though I did have a nice 5 minute duel with Leffers in an E1 - lot of maneuvering, not much shooting till the end - he got some bullets into me early, then we danced for a good while - when he broke off, I came up behind him, one burst, he rolled left and went down. Of course, we were down to 500 or so feet, so down wasn't far...
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,659
Hotshot
|
|
Hotshot
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,659 |
Sgt, Chevalier de Orleans Esc 3 The Storks Breuil-le-Sec Marne, France.
Nov 24, 1915.
I flew as wing-man to my old wing-mate Sgt Bocare, He was forced down a few days back and spent time with the Arty people then 3 day in Paris, up to the lines and back. No enemy contact.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,377 Likes: 3
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,377 Likes: 3 |
make mistakes and learn from them
I5 4440 3.1Ghz, Asrock B85m Pro3, Gtx 1060 3GB
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,008
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,008 |
Hahaha. the odor of fish & chips 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,659
Hotshot
|
|
Hotshot
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,659 |
Sgt, Chevalier de Orleans Esc 3 The Storks Breuil-le-Sec Marne, France.
Nov 25, 1917. I flew as wing man in a flight of three N-10 around our bases. No contact
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,377 Likes: 3
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,377 Likes: 3 |
make mistakes and learn from them
I5 4440 3.1Ghz, Asrock B85m Pro3, Gtx 1060 3GB
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,659
Hotshot
|
|
Hotshot
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,659 |
Sgt, Chevalier de Orleans Esc 3 The Storks Breuil-le-Sec Marne, France. Nov 26,1915. Patrol: 3 N10,s Area: Just befor NML our-side of lines. E/A : 2 Recon types Alt: 2000 Meters Results: 2 E/a shot down 3 N-10 Damaged with 1 Pilot Wnd. Pilot Statement: We attacked in formation Bucquet Leading. I can Confrim his kill. The Recon machine smoked then started down in a nose dive. Bocare attacked the other a/c then pulled off. I took a few hits as I closed, banged on another drum and fired then under him at 50 meters fire my last drum. The e/a staring smoking and lost power as it glided towards Hun land. uploading images upload image online
Last edited by carrick58; 11/26/15 07:21 PM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,659
Hotshot
|
|
Hotshot
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,659 |
Sgt, Chevalier de Orleans Esc 3 The Storks Breuil-le-Sec Marne, France.
Nov 27, 1915.
I flew up to the lines and back with Guyenmer today as his wing-man. He is a fail looking fellow but his flying is all precision. No enemy contact.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,008
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,008 |
Dolf managed to down a Nupe that was attacking a german army camp near the frontlines. Well, Fritz did the shooting, Dolf just put him in position for the bursts.  The advantage of two guns when one jams forgot to add that he put in for a transfer to FA(A) 296b and hopes to be piloting a Pfalz EIII soon.
Last edited by MudWasp; 11/28/15 12:28 PM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,659
Hotshot
|
|
Hotshot
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,659 |
 Good show
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,659
Hotshot
|
|
Hotshot
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,659 |
Sgt, Chevalier de Orleans Esc 3 The Storks Breuil-le-Sec Marne, France. Nov 29, 1915. I led the dawn patrol up to the lines all two of us ! Most of the other seven machines are down for maint. or Repair. upload gambar No Contact
Last edited by carrick58; 11/29/15 06:49 PM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,420
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,420 |
Here is the latest status report. Congratulations to Lederhosen on the promotion of both Basils. 
Member and provider of banjo music for the Illustrious BOC
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,420
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,420 |
Journal Entry: November 29, 1915 St. Pol-sur-Mer It has been a while since I've reported anything in my journal, I guess I've been just too busy or it has just slipped my mind. In any case, I have quite a bit to report today. I'm beginning to wonder who is the more implacable enemy, the Hun or the bespectacled, bureaucratic pencil pushers of Wing headquarters. Here is a perfect example of what I mean: Just the other day, Roderic and I were ordered to fly a routine line patrol just east of Nieuwpoort. We engaged two Fokker monoplanes and became separated in the clouds. I quickly vanquished my opponent and filed a claim form without any witnesses. Later in the day, Roderic and I were ordered to fly a defensive patrol over a friendly aerodrome that was nearby. Before we arrived he developed engine trouble and had to return to St. Pol, I continued on with the mission. It wasn't long before three Aviatiks arrived to bomb said aerodrome. I successfully engaged them and downed an Aviatik and also filled a claim form with no witnesses. The next morning, Conner, Roderic, and I were ordered to fly a line patrol east of Nieuwpoort and we encountered two Aviatiks within sight of our aerodrome. I promptly shot an Aviatik down and Conner got the other one. We then continued with our mission. Which claims were confirmed? You would be correct in assuming the claims that had multiple witnesses and within sight of our aerodrome, but you would be wrong, both of my claims with no witnesses were accepted and my claim and Conner's claim with multiple witnesses was rejected. I wish Wing just understood what I'm trying to accomplish with my wingmates. I don't really mind my claims being rejected, but it can be quite discouraging to the chaps who are working so hard when their efforts are continually rejected. We will ultimately defeat the Hun and I suppose the bureaucrats in the end, one can only hope. First unwitnessed victory Second unwitnessed victory  Multiple witnesses 
Member and provider of banjo music for the Illustrious BOC
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 3,696
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 3,696 |
Hey Banjoman, Thanks for the chart. I share your pain in regards to the claims. Later in the war, with all the planes flying around, it is hard to figure out who shot who, where and when. But in 1915, where there is only your flight and the enemy in front of you, there is no way in hell my wingmen didn't notice me shooting down that solitary enemy. Oh well. BTW, if you have your wingman and an HA in your flight, who do you usually trust more to put down as your witness?
"Take the cylinder out of my kidneys, The connecting rod out of my brain, my brain, From out of my arse take the camshaft, And assemble the engine again."
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,420
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,420 |
Fullofit, in the case you mentioned above I usually use my wingman, it seems that he sticks closer to you than the HA will. I really wish we could act as witnesses for our wingmen. I'm starting to role-play Arthur as being more concerned with his wingmates success as a opposed to his own. If I can get the other pilots to score victories then the squadron gets better and anyway that's what a real person would do.
Member and provider of banjo music for the Illustrious BOC
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,659
Hotshot
|
|
Hotshot
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,659 |
Sgt, Chevalier de Orleans Esc 3 The Storks Breuil-le-Sec Marne, France.
Nov 30, 1915.
Solo Patrol today, I had no enemy contact.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 3,696
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 3,696 |
I really wish we could act as witnesses for our wingmen. Already on the wishlist  On another note, yet another practical joke from my wingman's mechanic. It took him half the night but he finally was able to dig that hole at the end of the airfield, fill it with water and cover it with turf. Worked like a charm.  I don't know if you can see it, but the gunner in the Fee is trying really hard to stifle the laughter by covering his mouth with his hand.
"Take the cylinder out of my kidneys, The connecting rod out of my brain, my brain, From out of my arse take the camshaft, And assemble the engine again."
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,420
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,420 |
Haha, did that happen to you or somebody else? I've been really fortunate that I haven't had anything really weird happen yet.
Member and provider of banjo music for the Illustrious BOC
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 3,696
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 3,696 |
This is my wingman, who landed just ahead of me. No "J" key was harmed in making of this picture.
"Take the cylinder out of my kidneys, The connecting rod out of my brain, my brain, From out of my arse take the camshaft, And assemble the engine again."
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
|
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
|
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|