SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 33 1 2 3 4 … 32 33
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,002
Just shoot me...
Member
Just shoot me...
Member
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,002
Originally Posted By: Olham
You wrote: "He doesn't even know climb 'barmy'." Whatever that means...???


Shoot, I just should have wrote it in English. I'd intended the Baron to spit out in disgust, "He doesn't even rise to "barmy". He's just an idiot!" Blasted on-line translators... ruined whatever kmild grade of "funny" might have been in there...


Box: Win7 Pro 64 bit / I72600K @4.1 GHz / EVGA GTX1080Ti/ 16GB RAM / Corsair 240 GB SSD / WD 600 GB Velociraptor / 1050W Power
FS Stuff: Saitek X52 Pro Stick/Throttle & Combat Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5
Sims: FSX Gold, REX 2.0 OD, UTX-NA, FSGenesis 10m mesh/ CFS3 ETO 1.40/Wings Over Flanders Fields BH&H2 (more gorgeous than ever!)
Proud BOC inductee 4/30/12!
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,743
Member
Member
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,743
Ah, the BOC! I'm daft enough to be one of its members!


"Upon my word I've had as much excitement on a car as in the air, especially since the R.F.C. have had women drivers."

James McCudden, Five Years in the Royal Flying Corps
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 907
N
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 907
@Drone:
Ah! LOL biggrin
...doesn't matter, still funny.
Well, this Expression is so complicated in German Language, that I currently don't even know, how I would say that...
Maybe: "Hah! Er hat's nicht mal bis -Bekloppt- geschafft, er ist auf -Idiot- h�ngen geblieben." ...or so...

Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,002
Just shoot me...
Member
Just shoot me...
Member
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,002
Thanks, Nietzsche! I was always (hic) bad at languages.

(I remind everyone that, as this is a solemn meeting of the BOC for conferring membership, we should all be dizzy drunk. Or pick your euphemism. "All gassed up!" "Well oiled!" "All gooned up!" "wasted" "Plastered" etc)

beercheers to all!


Box: Win7 Pro 64 bit / I72600K @4.1 GHz / EVGA GTX1080Ti/ 16GB RAM / Corsair 240 GB SSD / WD 600 GB Velociraptor / 1050W Power
FS Stuff: Saitek X52 Pro Stick/Throttle & Combat Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5
Sims: FSX Gold, REX 2.0 OD, UTX-NA, FSGenesis 10m mesh/ CFS3 ETO 1.40/Wings Over Flanders Fields BH&H2 (more gorgeous than ever!)
Proud BOC inductee 4/30/12!
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 2,106
Member
Member
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 2,106
Lou,

Thank you for passing my application along to the grand and illustrious members of the Club. I shall await their decision with baited breath.

By the way, that cricket bat spanking thing isn't the initiation is it? I mean, if it's going to get kinky, I'd prefer the other thing. You know, the one with the duck, the dwarf, and the tub of Velveeta cream cheese.

Just saying...

Joined: May 2012
Posts: 4,887
Likes: 3
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
Senior Member
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
Senior Member
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 4,887
Likes: 3
.

Raine, we have no such 'other thing'. You must be thinking of the Elks Club.

Now where did we put that cricket bat?

.


[Linked Image]

Three RFC Brass Hats were strolling down a street in London. Two walked into a bar, the third one ducked.
_________________________________________________________________________

Former Cold War Warrior, USAF Security Service 1974-1978, E-4, Morse Systems Intercept, England, Europe, and points above.
"pippy-pahpah-pippy pah-pip-pah"

Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,111
Likes: 5
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,111
Likes: 5
Well, I shall ask to join as well. I do believe at least half of the qualifications apply to myself. At least that is all I will admit to at this time. I await your decision Sir! It would be an honor to be in such a daft group.


Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from either end.
BOC Member since....I can't remember!
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 674
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 674
I would certaily ask to join this illustrious group, and offer the following for your perusal:


Article 10: Not only do I mutter 'rat-a-tat' at cars that cut me off, I do so at cars that are too slow, and whenever I simply feel like it. The only way I can go on roller coasters is if I can focus on the seat in front of me and pretend I'm pursuing it through the turns, guns blazing.

Article 5: While I have not completely 'checked my six' in a vehicle, I have caught myself slowly sweeping my head from left to right, looking for cars at longer range.

Article 1: I have indeed seen WOFF in every day occurrences or straying into my thoughts: For example, I've more than once thought a project's chance of success at work was about equal to a Fokker E.III vs. a Camel.

(If not worse.)

Article 4: We won't even talk about my desk, the maps I've actually managed to put away for much, the Joystick my wife is constantly pushing aside so she can get to her 'games', enough dice to make Gary Gygax of D&D fame proud, and character/squadron notes.

Article 17: Many times I've regalled my wife with tales of another brilliant death. Particularly the sadder ones, such as when I've escaped an enemy, clipped a fence, SURVIVED, then crashed just before the aerodrome because I cut my engine too soon and stalled out.

Article 16 in spades: I end up throwing away half my papers at work, because all my to do lists, notes and stats end up being escorted by German and British biplanes. Or even roundels.

Lastly, did I hear you have a bar?

Joined: May 2012
Posts: 4,887
Likes: 3
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
Senior Member
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
Senior Member
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 4,887
Likes: 3
.

CatKnight, your credential will most certainly qualify you for membership. AYE! oooooooo, my head ... shouldn't have shouted that. For the rest of the morning all discussions and votes shall be kept at a whisper. And yes, we have a bar CK and you have a bar tab as of several hours ago that has already grown to quite an impressive amount. You'll want to talk to the barkeep about settling up on that.

MFair, I petitioned on your behalf earlier here so you were voted in last night at some point during the proceedings, though just when is a bit fuzzy.

Yes, so then, if my calculations are correct, we've five new members to our cadre. Please welcome fellow Barmy OFFers MFair, Nietzsche, Raine, lederhosen, and CatKnight. Your names will be added to our Roll Call of the Barmy and you'll each be receiving your acceptance letters and club badges. But not until I've found the bromo and gotten several cups of coffee in me. And someone collect up all these beer-soaked sweaters and hang them outside, I damned near broke my neck slipping on one of them earlier this - oh - never mind, that one's mine.

.
Attachments
BOC_Membership_Charter_01.jpg BOC_Badge_BWOC.png


[Linked Image]

Three RFC Brass Hats were strolling down a street in London. Two walked into a bar, the third one ducked.
_________________________________________________________________________

Former Cold War Warrior, USAF Security Service 1974-1978, E-4, Morse Systems Intercept, England, Europe, and points above.
"pippy-pahpah-pippy pah-pip-pah"

Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,997
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Hotshot
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Hotshot
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,997
Originally Posted By: RAF_Louvert
.

CatKnight, your credential will most certainly qualify you for membership. AYE! oooooooo, my head ... shouldn't have shouted that. For the rest of the morning all discussions and votes shall be kept at a whisper. And yes, we have a bar CK and you have a bar tab as of several hours ago that has already grown to quite an impressive amount. You'll want to talk to the barkeep about settling up on that.

MFair, I petitioned on your behalf earlier here so you were voted in last night at some point during the proceedings, though just when is a bit fuzzy.

Yes, so then, if my calculations are correct, we've five new members to our cadre. Please welcome fellow Barmy OFFers MFair, Nietzsche, Raine, lederhosen, and CatKnight. Your names will be added to our Roll Call of the Barmy and you'll each be receiving your acceptance letters and club badges. But not until I've found the bromo and gotten several cups of coffee in me. And someone collect up all these beer-soaked sweaters and hang them outside, I damned near broke my neck slipping on one of them earlier this - oh - never mind, that one's mine.

Lou, we may be needing to replace the old cricket bat soon as it has seen considerable service as of late! May I suggest that the next one be made of iron wood? Awfully heavy to swing but packs a nice wallop!

.


(System_Specs)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt
MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered
CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler
Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB
OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD
Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L
Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4

Joined: May 2012
Posts: 4,887
Likes: 3
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
Senior Member
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
Senior Member
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 4,887
Likes: 3
.

GASP! Replace the most hallowed and ancient cricket bat? Sacrilege! I am going to assume that's the hangover talking Robert and forgive you this transgression, but only once.
Replace the cricket bat he says - phhht.

.


[Linked Image]

Three RFC Brass Hats were strolling down a street in London. Two walked into a bar, the third one ducked.
_________________________________________________________________________

Former Cold War Warrior, USAF Security Service 1974-1978, E-4, Morse Systems Intercept, England, Europe, and points above.
"pippy-pahpah-pippy pah-pip-pah"

Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,997
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Hotshot
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Hotshot
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,997
Originally Posted By: RAF_Louvert
.

GASP! Replace the most hallowed and ancient cricket bat? Sacrilege! I am going to assume that's the hangover talking Robert and forgive you this transgression, but only once.
Replace the cricket bat he says - phhht.

.


exitstageleft


(System_Specs)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt
MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered
CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler
Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB
OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD
Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L
Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4

Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 907
N
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 907
Yes, well, I would like to thank my Mom, my Cat, my Latin-Teacher, the Guy at the Computer-Store and all the lovely Persons involved in this abitious Project, that is now making the World a bit brighter than it was before. I couldn't have done it without your Help. You are terrific!
...wait...wrong notepaper...

Thank you biggrin

Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,008
M
Senior Member
Senior Member
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,008
I was stacking firewood and thinking of the big all nighter chunks as heavy bombers and stacking smaller morning starters right next to them and thinking of those as scouts.

Joined: May 2012
Posts: 4,887
Likes: 3
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
Senior Member
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
Senior Member
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 4,887
Likes: 3
.

MudWasp, is that a statement of your qualifications for entrance into our questionable group? If so, you have my vote Sir.

.


[Linked Image]

Three RFC Brass Hats were strolling down a street in London. Two walked into a bar, the third one ducked.
_________________________________________________________________________

Former Cold War Warrior, USAF Security Service 1974-1978, E-4, Morse Systems Intercept, England, Europe, and points above.
"pippy-pahpah-pippy pah-pip-pah"

Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,997
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Hotshot
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Hotshot
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,997
Originally Posted By: RAF_Louvert
.

MudWasp, is that a statement of your qualifications for entrance into our questionable group? If so, you have my vote Sir.

.


Aye agree, indobl...indoubabl...for sure! Hic! Sorry Lou, but someone has to drain the left over glasses! Wouldn't want to pollute the environememt..envromem.. the earth! Hic!


(System_Specs)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt
MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered
CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler
Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB
OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD
Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L
Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4

Joined: May 2012
Posts: 85
R
Junior Member
Junior Member
R Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 85
Oh for crying out loud...

Noooooooo

Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 23
T
Junior Member
Junior Member
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 23
Seeing as I am going to be around for a while longer. The "Sword of Damocles" having been removed. I would like to formerly apply for entrance into this esteemed group. I looked at the qualifying points and think that I qualify under the following... Numbers 1,2,4,5,9,10,15,16,and 23.
I thank you for your consideration in this matter.
Typhoon (Tony)


The only stupid question is one that isn't asked.
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,008
M
Senior Member
Senior Member
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,008
Originally Posted By: RAF_Louvert
.

MudWasp, is that a statement of your qualifications for entrance into our questionable group? If so, you have my vote Sir.

.


Yes, just one of many examples.

Today at my grandsons first birthday party is another. I made paper airplanes then showed the young kids how to do so and had a mini war, boys vs girls in the basement. We then rubbed inflated ballons on our hair and stuck them to the ceiling. They reminded me of zepplins. I taped a toothpick to the nose of the streamlined paper airplanes and we went on a zepplin raid. Much fun popping those ballons with tooth pick nosed paper airplanes. It even brought the adults downstairs wondering what all the commotion was about.

Joined: May 2014
Posts: 674
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 674
Oh, very nice MudWasp! That's a party I would have liked to go to!

Page 2 of 33 1 2 3 4 … 32 33

Moderated by  Polovski, Winding Man 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,070,603 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1