|
|
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,008
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,008 |
Lou, are you running ideas thru your head for your ultimate cockpit build in the basement?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 4,887 Likes: 3
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man Senior Member
|
|
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man Senior Member
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 4,887 Likes: 3 |
Three RFC Brass Hats were strolling down a street in London. Two walked into a bar, the third one ducked._________________________________________________________________________ Former Cold War Warrior, USAF Security Service 1974-1978, E-4, Morse Systems Intercept, England, Europe, and points above. "pippy-pahpah-pippy pah-pip-pah"
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,008
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,008 |
I'm thinking start with a good chair. I might dig an old wicker/caned chair out of the attic.
I know you collect period items. A period gauge/instrument would be nice...just thoughts flying through my head.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,739
Barmy Baron from Berlin Hotshot
|
|
Barmy Baron from Berlin Hotshot
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,739 |
Vice President Olham, Vice President Dej, what say either or both of you? Members of questionable standing, what say any or all of you? Is this man barmy enough?
Well, Lou,after this question you spent most of the time talking about "banjos". Even "duelling banjos"! That should be barmy enough, even without any WOFF in it. So let's make him a member, and let's hope he knows the other word with "b": "Binge"! I hope you have taken enough money off your bank account for one, Banjoman?!
Vice-President of the BOC (Barmy OFFers Club) Member of the 'Albatros Aviators Club' - "We know how to die with Style!"
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,111 Likes: 5
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,111 Likes: 5 |
Anyone who wears two sweaters gets the ok from me!
Mudwasp,if it concerns black powder, I have set it off. Rifles, smooth bores, pistols, cannons, cohorn mortars, and a few home made things back when you could do such things without getting a call from a government agency.
Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from either end. BOC Member since....I can't remember!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 4,887 Likes: 3
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man Senior Member
|
|
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man Senior Member
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 4,887 Likes: 3 |
.
Two sweaters - too true, MFair.
MudWasp, I've been on the hunt for just the right old wicker chair for my 'cockpit'. Still hunting, but then that is half the fun.
Olham, I agree, the previous diversion does indicate barmyness to be sure. And then of course there is the mere fact that he wants to be a member of our group. So be it.
Banjoman, welcome to the Barmy OFFers Club! A tab has been started at the bar on your behalf and we're already making use of it. Drinks on the Banjoman - BWOC BWOC BWOC! As soon as Robert gets here with the cricket bat the ceremonial beating can begin.
.
Three RFC Brass Hats were strolling down a street in London. Two walked into a bar, the third one ducked._________________________________________________________________________ Former Cold War Warrior, USAF Security Service 1974-1978, E-4, Morse Systems Intercept, England, Europe, and points above. "pippy-pahpah-pippy pah-pip-pah"
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 7,532
Hotshot
|
|
Hotshot
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 7,532 |
Looks like Banjoman has finally hit the big time! And just Earl Grey for me. Early flight tomorrow.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,008
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,008 |
MFair, do you have a cannon?
I get a kick out of having fun on the 4th of July. Don't have a proper historical type cannon, justy hillbilly rig something for fun. I love that old green fuse that burns underwater....love hate with the beavers...
Last edited by MudWasp; 05/18/15 11:20 PM. Reason: forgot sumthing
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,008
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,008 |
....speaking of beavers...I understand why the club house no longer has a "no gurls alowd sign". You have a very fine wife.... Something from boyhood and a first club....from old "Our Gang"... [video:myspace] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJlaK1kkFX0[/video]
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,420
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,420 |
Hahaha, I'm finally home. I love listening to Earl Scruggs and Steve Martin play the banjo. In case you didn't know this, but Earl Scruggs wrote Foggy Mountain Breakdown.
Member and provider of banjo music for the Illustrious BOC
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,008
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,008 |
I'll take..... a hard apple cider.... I like the fizz 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,111 Likes: 5
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,111 Likes: 5 |
MFair, do you have a cannon?
I get a kick out of having fun on the 4th of July. Don't have a proper historical type cannon, justy hillbilly rig something for fun. I love that old green fuse that burns underwater....love hate with the beavers... I used to have a Naval 2 pounder. That is until the sheriff drove up and told me he had reports of someone "shooting off heavy artillery". I told him that it was not me because my cannon was only a 2 pounder. He was not amused. While it was not illegal I quit so that I would not piss off whoever it was I had upset. Mind you this is way out in the country. Sold it to a fellow that does pyrotechnic shows. A friend that passed away a few years back had 9 Rev. War cannons and mortars. Not originals. Don't know what happened to his collection, but we really drew a crowd at the range.
Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from either end. BOC Member since....I can't remember!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,008
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,008 |
I've flown under the radar for police/sheriffs.... for my hillbilly antics, or beaver control hijinks. Love to be at the front porch of your watering hole on the 4thh..... can't make it happen tho....
Sad what happens to originals...go collect dust....they often do.
Long live the rebel in ya, Mark!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,420
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,420 |
MFair, you live in Mississippi, I'm surprised you had problems with your small cannon. I guess times have changes and not for the better.
Member and provider of banjo music for the Illustrious BOC
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,008
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,008 |
for the better? explain please.... ... never mind...read it incorrectertly that bannana dude was rude after I see him doing his antics. my apologizes... I'm buzzing like a bee.
Last edited by MudWasp; 05/19/15 01:13 AM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,008
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,008 |
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,111 Likes: 5
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,111 Likes: 5 |
MFair, you live in Mississippi, I'm surprised you had problems with your small cannon. I guess times have changes and not for the better. That was 28 years ago. It does make a pretty loud boom to chunk a 2 lb. ball. We made our ammo from Campbell's soup cans. Filled them with quick crete. Whala, instant projectile. At a living history event on a big lake in Tennessee years ago we asked the Ranger where we could shoot the cannon. No projectiles mind you. He said, "out over the lake". When we asked about the bass boats he said, "Oh!, you better lead them pretty good!" We all had a good laugh. It was a much simpler time. Man I miss it.
Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from either end. BOC Member since....I can't remember!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,002
Just shoot me... Member
|
|
Just shoot me... Member
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,002 |
I'll take..... a hard apple cider.... I like the fizz ME too! Dang, I missed all the fun. Now a guy that can pick a banjo well... Still, you guys are too easy. I wanted a pic of him flying with a towel draped over his head and monitor! Lou, I see you found the cricket bat! MFair, wish we could still have a blast at your place. I settle for "works bombs" now and then... he that hath ears to hear... WELCOME, Banjoman! Glad I could be a small part of it!
Box: Win7 Pro 64 bit / I72600K @4.1 GHz / EVGA GTX1080Ti/ 16GB RAM / Corsair 240 GB SSD / WD 600 GB Velociraptor / 1050W Power FS Stuff: Saitek X52 Pro Stick/Throttle & Combat Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5 Sims: FSX Gold, REX 2.0 OD, UTX-NA, FSGenesis 10m mesh/ CFS3 ETO 1.40/Wings Over Flanders Fields BH&H2 (more gorgeous than ever!) Proud BOC inductee 4/30/12!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,008
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,008 |
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 740
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 740 |
Oh people,sorry where is the form to apply, for being part of this gang? I fullfill all 24 points and some more... 
" In vino veritas "
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
|
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
|
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|