I'll admit that even at the age of 55 I really enjoyed this.I used to watch it as a youngster and I remember my sister had a Paddington Bear 'teddy' that had the hat and coat and a pair of yellow Wellington boots.
If you watch Jaws backwards, it's a heart warming story about a shark that spits out so many people that they have to open a beach.
As a kid I really liked the Roger Moore era Bond films but now I find most of them to be rather silly and campy. Octopussy is one of the worst ones too! Near the end of the film when those girls in red leotards assault the villain's palace in India. That whole sequence was just laughable and cheesy.
Last edited by PanzerMeyer; 03/13/1502:57 PM.
“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Yeah but those girls were hot in those red leotards and when I saw that movie in 1983 and I was still in High School, that was the most titillation we could have back then.
Cable TV was expensive and out of reach of most homes. Same for VHS and Betamax. There was no internet.
I'm shocked that Playboy is still around. Talk about an outdated relic of the past.
“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
I'm shocked that Playboy is still around. Talk about an outdated relic of the past.
I used to have a subscription, ex-wife got it for me after talking to her Dad who used to get it. For $1/each it was worth it, I still have some in the sleeves not opened because I just didn't like their articles anymore and their pics were blah. Find better on the intranets...
Buy? Buy?? You didn't need to buy them to stick one between the pages of a Life or Time and stand by the freezer looking.
They were kept behind the cash register shelf along with Penthouse and the other publications which I won't mention by name including the one owned by Larry.
It's very sad how a great man who gave so much to so many so selflessly for so many years spent the remaining 11 years of his life in constant pain and suffering and being almost physically helpless.
I guess it is true that when we are all born on this earth, the only certain thing we all have to look forward to is death.
It was very impressive how Roddenberry was able to tie in the events of "The Cage" with the current day events of ST:TOS.
“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
*shrug* That doesn't mean it wasn't good for what it did.
Does the logic of "biggest Disney animated hit ever" = "horrible film" make sense to you? Or is it just that you didn't care for it? Do you like musicals or Broadway shows? If you don't, you would never like Frozen. It's a musical comedy with a great message.
Interestingly, the entire film changed when Let It Go was written. Originally Elsa was the big baddie of the film, and the climax was her assault on Arendelle with an army of snowmen. After they wrote that song, though, it switched from Elsa being evil to being misunderstood and rejected and hurt, and half the movie was rewritten.
The Jedi Master
The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
Does the logic of "biggest Disney animated hit ever" = "horrible film" make sense to you?
Yes, perfectly, if it involves films made with an intended audience of six year old girls with princess complexes. Not that this implies any criticism of "Frozen", of which I know only of a couple of images of typical Disney cartoon princess(es?) in some sort of nordic winter scenery, and only because the name was attached, and wouldn't be able to identify again without the name.
Yes, perfectly, if it involves films made with an intended audience of six year old girls with princess complexes. Not that this implies any criticism of "Frozen", of which I know only of a couple of images of typical Disney cartoon princess(es?) in some sort of nordic winter scenery, and only because the name was attached, and wouldn't be able to identify again without the name.
You're definitely not the target demographic for the film but I will also say that many parents did enjoy it. And CG2015 is definitely right that most adults wouldn't bother watching this film if they don't have kids.
Last edited by PanzerMeyer; 03/17/1511:12 AM.
“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”