|
|
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 637
Sith Lord Member
|
|
Sith Lord Member
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 637 |
Ours is not to reason why. Ours is to do or die. Tennyson
I have slipped the surly bonds of earth And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings.. Gillespie Magee, RCAF
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 4
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 4 |
Thank you, mega_mozg_13 Testing now...
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 15
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 15 |
nice update! I give it a test, and accidentally found that in the device name input, the new version can only accept 10 characters, the previous version(1119) can accept 20?
BTW, if I just want to use 5 buttons, how should I configure it? still need a button matrix? Pls help, mega_mozg_13
Thank your effort!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 274
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 274 |
I give it a test, and accidentally found that in the device name input, the new version can only accept 10 characters, the previous version(1119) can accept 20?
Yes, again 10 chars, "curves" eats a lot configuration values. BTW, if I just want to use 5 buttons, how should I configure it? still need a button matrix?
still need. best solution for few buttons
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 751
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 751 |
Hi, If I understand the workings correctly you should be able to connect 1 of the BC pins to one side of all 5 switches (daisy chained), then connect the other pin on each switch to one of the BR pins (one wire for each).
That should be the simplest way of getting 5 switches working.
Hope this helps.
Andy
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 658
BS 62 "Pegasus" CAG Member
|
|
BS 62 "Pegasus" CAG Member
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 658 |
Does anyone have the color code for the matrix of the CH fighterstick?
"When you plan revenge best dig two graves" Confucius "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" Benjamin Franklin
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 11,935 Likes: 141
Administrator Veteran
|
|
Administrator Veteran
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 11,935 Likes: 141 |
Does anyone have the color code for the matrix of the CH fighterstick? You might try PM'ing 531 Ghost. He's done some very impressive mods to various CH Products devices.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 16
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 16 |
Mega_mozg, I would like to thank you for all your work on the MMJoy project. Here is my contribution to the thread: my finished custom throttle for Star Citizen
Last edited by Euphoria; 02/06/15 05:09 PM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 16
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 16 |
Here are a couple images of the F-15 stick I reworked, also with MMjoy2   To-do list: Write up worklog for project
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 11,935 Likes: 141
Administrator Veteran
|
|
Administrator Veteran
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 11,935 Likes: 141 |
Nice! I think it is safe to say that more pics, and your upcoming worklog, will be welcomed! 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 274
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 274 |
Euphoria, funtastic!!! how many axis and buttons are used?  also, this is pot or encoder?
Last edited by mega_mozg_13; 02/07/15 05:54 AM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 464
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 464 |
Hi Euphoria, Wow !! that is a very impressive throttle. how do you make it?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 16
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 16 |
Thank you for the compliments, everyone. I owe a big thanks to mega_mozg for his firmware. Without MMjoy2 I would have been forced to purchase controller boards, where I prefer to DIY anything I can. Mega_mozg, The F-15E Talon stick was purchased from Goodwill for very cheap. I stripped the PCB inside the handle of it's traces and rewired everything. I also replaced all the buttons with high quality snap-action switches (except for the Castle and China HAT switches). The knob you outlined in the picture is indeed a rotary encoder. The encoder itself is mounted further inside the stick, and I used a shaft from a broken potentiometer to attach. I will include more build pictures in my worklog (pending). The stick only uses two axes, but I have followed DocFlyer's hall sensor mod to perform the conversion on mine. I used Allegro A1326 hall sensors. Board used is one of your mmjoy2 designs with M32U4 AVR, and latest firmware with curves (I LOVE the curves, THANK YOU!) The throttle started out as a lid for a VERY old metal filing box (probably from 1960-70s era). The base has something like 62 buttons all together, which I have split as two joysticks using the firmware. There are 8 toggle switches and three rotary encoders on the base. The base uses a single axis with hall sensor for the throttle slide. (I will have more pictures of the actuator when I finish the worklog). The handle is from a HORI playstation2 controller system. I also rebuilt the joystick from that kit (was my first mmjoy project.) The handle has it's own M32U4 controller built inside the box on the left side, connected with DIY USB coiled cable (making the coiled cables isn't very hard to do). The handle also has three rotary encoders. Alltogether, the throttle shows up in Windows as three controllers, every axis showing 12bit resolution (thanks to your autocalibration feature in the firmware). I will try to get my worklog drafted this week and hosted on my website. Credit goes to: Mega_mozg_13 for his brilliant work with MMjoy2 My best friend James for pressuring me to finish and take pictures My metalworker friend Lee who plasma cut the mounting bracket for the handle A character named Loc Nar from the Mechwarrior Online forums for sparking my interest in DIY joysticks EDIT: I forgot to mention that I also have a set of Thrustmaster RCS pedals, which I have also totally modified with toe brakes, a robust centering mechanism, and also uses MMjoy2 via M32U4 chip EDIT #2: I also forgot to mention that the trigger is a dual-stage. It has two switches and very different feels for both actions
Last edited by Euphoria; 02/07/15 09:06 PM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 5
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 5 |
Hi to all
update mmjoy_20150121 +curves normal/symmertical +dead zone low/center/high (%), and dynamical (axis points)
thanks for your great work maybe a bug, 20150121 version on teensy2 the D0 pin for button matrix not work and the curves apply to the raw value or calibrated value? and two suggest make a manual calibration setting, auto calibration always get wrong center position more detail zoom rate between 1 to 2 (1.2 1.4 1.6 etc.
Last edited by zeg33; 02/08/15 12:54 AM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 274
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 274 |
zeg33, maybe a bug, 20150121 version on teensy2 the D0 pin for button matrix not work thanks, I check this later. and the curves apply to the raw value or calibrated value? 1) read raw from ADC 2) calibrate 3) invert 4) curve 5) zoom/stop/trim 6) filter(smooth) make a manual calibration setting, auto calibration always get wrong center position center position watching for first 3 seconds after start work. minimum and maximum raw and correct watch always. a have plans to do saving calibration to eeprom. more detail zoom rate between 1 to 2 (1.2 1.4 1.6 etc. sorry, don't understand you. guys, a have plans to remove second joystick support again, and I need your opinion: I think more functions and supported sensors better than more axis/buttons. one controller - one joystick - 8 axis, 4 hats, 64 buttons?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 5
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 5 |
er... I mean the zoom divisor, minvalue is 2 now
btw
the indicator on curve setting graph is raw value
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 274
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 274 |
I mean the zoom divisor, minvalue is 2 now there integer value, not real. "0" or "1" have no sense, so "2" and more. the indicator on curve setting graph is raw value yes, this right, you a see raw value and setup correct curve for this state raw.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 5
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 5 |
curve apply after calibrate and invert, so I think the graph should show calibrated value ?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 5
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 5 |
in my experience even set divisor to 2 is a bit too much, allow float point value (or add a multiplier?) will be better ...
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 16
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 16 |
Mega_mozg, I like the idea of going back to single controller w/64 buttons. Perhaps keep the old version available for those who want more than 8 axes.
Side note: I have been writing up my worklog and will post a link to it very soon.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
|
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
|
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|