SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Hop To
Page 9 of 25 1 2 … 7 8 9 10 11 … 24 25
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
This is what's waiting for me in the refrigerator --



Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 1,180
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 1,180
Originally Posted By: Paradaz
And then you could look at my DCS library and the almost complete set of modules and question why I challenge them before realising it's because I want them to succeed and not throw away this great opportunity that they have!

It's funny you should say that because I sometimes wonder I bother myself, especially when some of their moderating team that represent them are quite rude to the customers that are actually buying their products.


Yes, but what you're forgetting is that DCS is exempt from existing in the real world. Just because you're a paying customer doesn't mean you should expect anything, not even a scrap of respect. Acting like it's a product is ever so rude and self entitled.

Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 3,922
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 3,922
Originally Posted By: SiThSpAwN
So I answer a rude post with a rude post and I am the bad guy... and then I wonder, why do I bother wink

Oh right, I am not a customer either than has bought all their modules... I forgot... sorry to interrupt your ED love fest, continue on.


The difference is that I'm not being rude about anything....I'm offering my opinion about a company and am simply giving my view on where they are going wrong and what they could be doing better. I don't expect them to read my posts, I don't expect them to change their ways.....the reason I post some negative and some positive things about ED is because I enjoy using SimHQ, a forum where gamers/simmers are encouraged to voice their opinion and discuss it like ADULTS.

Where we differ is that not only are you being rude (you go as far as to admit that) you are attempting to make it personal within the SimHQ boundaries. I've never questioned your customer status so not sure why you're bring that into it. I will say one thing though....regardless of whether you're a customer or not, you're not a forum moderator on this site so forgive me if I allow myself to ignore your petty remarks about why I am posting here, whether I should bother posting here or that you kindly think you're giving me permission to continue or not.


On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 490
N
ED Community Manager
Member
ED Community Manager
Member
N Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 490
So very dramatic...

I am sorry to disrespect your wonderful insight into how they should be running their company, thanks for clearing it up for me that you were only trying to give your vast years of experience in the sim industry running a company like ED, I apologize... please.. continue.

Of course its not rude to tell them they dont know how to run their company and that you know how to better than they are doing so now... how silly of me. Continue with your ADULT conversation...

Originally Posted By: Paradaz
Originally Posted By: SiThSpAwN
So I answer a rude post with a rude post and I am the bad guy... and then I wonder, why do I bother wink

Oh right, I am not a customer either than has bought all their modules... I forgot... sorry to interrupt your ED love fest, continue on.


The difference is that I'm not being rude about anything....I'm offering my opinion about a company and am simply giving my view on where they are going wrong and what they could be doing better. I don't expect them to read my posts, I don't expect them to change their ways.....the reason I post some negative and some positive things about ED is because I enjoy using SimHQ, a forum where adults are encouraged to voice their opinion and discuss it like ADULTS.

Where we differ is that not only are you being rude (you go as far as to admit that) you are attempting to make it personal within the SimHQ boundaries. I've never questioned your customer status so not sure why you're bring that into it. I will say one thing though....regardless of whether you're a customer or not, you're not a forum moderator on this site so forgive me if I allow myself to ignore your petty remarks about why I am posting here, whether I should bother posting here or that you kindly think you're giving me permission to continue or not.

Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 3,922
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 3,922
Sith, apart from continuing to act like this you're missing the point. I'll continue to speak to you as an ADULT just like I do everyone else, not only on SimHQ but every other forum I visit. I won't be taken down to the level you're currently operating at.

I'm posting on SimHQ - I'm not 'telling ED how to run their company'.......unless of course they use SimHQ themselves as a valuable resource in their boardroom meetings, scheduling and planning activities. On the flip side, you're absolutely correct in your assessment if all posts on SimHQ are automatically edited and forwarded by email to ED Headquarters.

To that end, I'm not 'telling them they don't know how to run their company or that I know better'. My posts on SimHQ are aimed no farther than SimHQ forum users who are also here to discuss anything that interests them and my posts are based on my opinion. I don't need to caveat each of my posts with 'in my opinion' because this is exactly what forums are designed for.

You are obviously taking perceived negativity as a direct aim at yourself on behalf of ED, I could understand this if our conversation were on the ED boards where you are representing the company as a forum moderator....however on SimHQ you're not a moderator and therefore I assume that you want to be 'treated' as a paying customer here because you have also mentioned this yourself a few times now!


On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 490
N
ED Community Manager
Member
ED Community Manager
Member
N Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 490
Just expressing my opinion, no different than you, which last time I checked was a right to everyone, regardless of them being a moderator on another forum or not. Being a moderator doesnt nullify my opinion, and being a moderator doesnt mean my opinion is somehow skewed to tow some company line... its quite possible someone disagrees with your views based on their own beliefs... as incredible as that might be for you to believe. I know when people get upset here that is their go to.... OMG your a moderator!! Quite trying to moderate me!!!! argh!!!!

How was my comment about your change to the "everything is subject to change" line was any different than yours... I dont think yours was all that sophisticated and classy... by all means explain how 'So near but always so far' wasnt meant to be a shot or rude in any sense... in fact the only difference between mine and yours as was mine was to your face (and obviously more tongue in cheek than yours) where yours was to ED, assuming they wouldnt bother reading comments here anyways.

By all means, if Force10 or someone else would like to show me what was wrong with my comment compared to yours, I will be more than happy to concede that, but you dont have me convinced yet... You cant take a shot from the gutters then jump to the high ground and complain I am dragging you to my level...

Last edited by SiThSpAwN; 02/06/15 09:39 PM.
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632
S
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632
I almost want to face palm, but I cant......

I dont see what EDs update, NDA, company practices or business policies/model have to do with the F/A-18C.

If you to discuss all that make a thread for it, and leave this thread for F-18C updates wheb they come. 9 Pages and maybe 2 of them are even pertianing to the Hornet.


HAF922, Corsair RM850, ASRock Fata1ity 990FX Pro,
Modified Corsair H100, AMD FX8350 @ 5.31GHz, 16GB G.SKILL@DDR2133,
2x R7970 Lightnings, +1 HD7950 @ 1.1/6.0GHz, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champ.,
3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns�G HZ201HPB + Acer AL2002 (5760x1080+1600x900+1680x1050), Oculus Rift CV
CH Fighterstick, Pro Throt., Pro Pedals, TM Warthog & MFDs, Fanatec CSR Wheel/Shifter, Elite Pedals
Intensity Pro 10-Bit, TrackIR 4 Pro, WD Black 1.5TB, WD Black 640GB, Samsung 850 500GB, My Book 4TB
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,497
Likes: 36
F
I'm just a
Senior Member
I'm just a
Senior Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,497
Likes: 36
Originally Posted By: SiThSpAwN

So I answer a rude post with a rude post and I am the bad guy


I think calling Paradaz's statement "rude" isn't exactly the right term. He made a tongue and cheek observation about a company and your response, while not exactly a tailored personal insult towards him�sort of had that "personal" innuendo feel to it. His statement wasn't an attack at you personally Sith.

The "guidelines" as far as members stating others motivations for posting are just that�"guidelines". While there is no official rule in the SimHQ rulebook about this�I don't like to see threads go south with finger pointing about someone's reason for posting an opinion.

Technically, both of you are within the stated rules so far�but it looks as if it's bound to get more personal if this continues.


Asus TUF Z790 DDR5 plus Wifi
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Intel I7 14700k
32gb Ripjaws DDR5 @6000MHz
Nividia 5060 TI OC 16gb
2 NVMe and various Sata SSD drives 6tb
1200watt Seasonic Vertex PSU
______________________________________________________

Oddball from Kelly's Heroes: "If we're late, it's cause we're dead"



Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 597
B
(v) Viper Driver
Member
(v) Viper Driver
Member
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 597
Originally Posted By: SiThSpAwN
Just expressing my opinion, no different than you, which last time I checked was a right to everyone, regardless of them being a moderator on another forum or not.


Now that invites a question I have been wondering on.

"ED Tester/Moderator" under your name here.

Does that indicate you are a moderator elsewhere or here as well?

Because, if its only the former, then why HECK would that even be relevant or need to be so indicated here?

If I am a moderator elsewhere, can I get that so indicated as well?

You see, the implication I draw from this is that it is a veiled threat to watch for "violations" of ED forum rules here.

You see the problem?


"Learning to fly the Falcon is just your ticket to the dance" - Pete 'Boomer' Bonanni.
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 3,922
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 3,922
Skate, the F/A-18C progress is a difficult thing to discuss right now as alluded to in previous comments. There is little to discuss. If we went around creating placeholders for DCS modules that have been announced and not updated there would be a fair few empty threads.

Let's not pretend for a moment that the 'Where is the DCS F-16?' thread hasn't got 12/15 pages discussing BMS and it's associated .exe including many comments from yourself and Sith which have strayed from the beaten track. I think most of us would agree there is an association with everything we are saying in both this thread and the F16.


On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632
S
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632
Originally Posted By: Helo_Head
Originally Posted By: SiThSpAwN
Just expressing my opinion, no different than you, which last time I checked was a right to everyone, regardless of them being a moderator on another forum or not.


Now that invites a question I have been wondering on.

"ED Tester/Moderator" under your name here.

Does that indicate you are a moderator elsewhere or here as well?

Because, if its only the former, then why HECK would that even be relevant or need to be so indicated here?

If I am a moderator elsewhere, can I get that so indicated as well?

You see, the implication I draw from this is that it is a veiled threat to watch for "violations" of ED forum rules here.

You see the problem?





Just n case someone has an issue on the EDBoards and needs to concact a mod by use of PM system here they know who to contact

Its nothing new in the early 2000s most devs for other sims were represented by a custom user title.

I dont see why that's such a big issue, other website owners and developers have their info as a title and nobody has an issue.

There was a time where publisher and developer representation was a significantly important part of SimHQ.

Last edited by SkateZilla; 02/06/15 10:09 PM.

HAF922, Corsair RM850, ASRock Fata1ity 990FX Pro,
Modified Corsair H100, AMD FX8350 @ 5.31GHz, 16GB G.SKILL@DDR2133,
2x R7970 Lightnings, +1 HD7950 @ 1.1/6.0GHz, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champ.,
3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns�G HZ201HPB + Acer AL2002 (5760x1080+1600x900+1680x1050), Oculus Rift CV
CH Fighterstick, Pro Throt., Pro Pedals, TM Warthog & MFDs, Fanatec CSR Wheel/Shifter, Elite Pedals
Intensity Pro 10-Bit, TrackIR 4 Pro, WD Black 1.5TB, WD Black 640GB, Samsung 850 500GB, My Book 4TB
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632
S
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632
Originally Posted By: Paradaz
Skate, the F/A-18C progress is a difficult thing to discuss right now as alluded to in previous comments. There is little to discuss. If we went around creating placeholders for DCS modules that have been announced and not updated there would be a fair few empty threads.

Let's not pretend for a moment that the 'Where is the DCS F-16?' thread hasn't got 12/15 pages discussing BMS and it's associated .exe including many comments from yourself and Sith which have strayed from the beaten track. I think most of us would agree there is an association with everything we are saying in both this thread and the F16.


I spread the love, that thread is next, I didnt want to complain about both at the same time.


HAF922, Corsair RM850, ASRock Fata1ity 990FX Pro,
Modified Corsair H100, AMD FX8350 @ 5.31GHz, 16GB G.SKILL@DDR2133,
2x R7970 Lightnings, +1 HD7950 @ 1.1/6.0GHz, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champ.,
3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns�G HZ201HPB + Acer AL2002 (5760x1080+1600x900+1680x1050), Oculus Rift CV
CH Fighterstick, Pro Throt., Pro Pedals, TM Warthog & MFDs, Fanatec CSR Wheel/Shifter, Elite Pedals
Intensity Pro 10-Bit, TrackIR 4 Pro, WD Black 1.5TB, WD Black 640GB, Samsung 850 500GB, My Book 4TB
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 597
B
(v) Viper Driver
Member
(v) Viper Driver
Member
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 597
Originally Posted By: Paradaz
Skate, the F/A-18C progress is a difficult thing to discuss right now as alluded to in previous comments. There is little to discuss.


There is basically nothing for developer info from ED about the Bug. So this is what happens in a vacuum.

A developer blog like say Combat Helo has would be most handy and a way of reaching out to the community that they hope will be the customers of this product. IMHO.


"Learning to fly the Falcon is just your ticket to the dance" - Pete 'Boomer' Bonanni.
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 2,962
T
Senior Member
Senior Member
T Offline
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 2,962
I've had Chimay Blue, Crew, and found it like Pepsi or Coke as far as carbonation. Not sure if I had a weird batch or what. I have to give Red or White a try some time. I currently have a Bomber (great word for a bottle!) of a serious double IPA in the fridge.

Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 490
N
ED Community Manager
Member
ED Community Manager
Member
N Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 490
Originally Posted By: Force10
Originally Posted By: SiThSpAwN

So I answer a rude post with a rude post and I am the bad guy


I think calling Paradaz's statement "rude" isn't exactly the right term. He made a tongue and cheek observation about a company and your response, while not exactly a tailored personal insult towards him�sort of had that "personal" innuendo feel to it. His statement wasn't an attack at you personally Sith.

The "guidelines" as far as members stating others motivations for posting are just that�"guidelines". While there is no official rule in the SimHQ rulebook about this�I don't like to see threads go south with finger pointing about someone's reason for posting an opinion.

Technically, both of you are within the stated rules so far�but it looks as if it's bound to get more personal if this continues.



Well I agree with that all, except that his comment was directed at someone as well, just turns out that person doesnt spend a lot of time here anymore... if at all wink

But I will try and straighten out and fly right... but if you ever seen me fly in DCS, you would know that isnt a strong skill of mine wink

Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 597
B
(v) Viper Driver
Member
(v) Viper Driver
Member
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 597
Originally Posted By: SkateZilla
Its nothing new in the early 2000s most devs for other sims were represented by a custom user title...other website owners and developers have their info as a title and nobody has an issue.


Fair enough, within that context. I was not aware of this.

Having said that, IMHO that practice should be abolished.

But I will leave it be.

Regards!


"Learning to fly the Falcon is just your ticket to the dance" - Pete 'Boomer' Bonanni.
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,497
Likes: 36
F
I'm just a
Senior Member
I'm just a
Senior Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,497
Likes: 36
Originally Posted By: Helo_Head

Now that invites a question I have been wondering on.

"ED Tester/Moderator" under your name here.

Does that indicate you are a moderator elsewhere or here as well?

Because, if its only the former, then why HECK would that even be relevant or need to be so indicated here?





Actually, the fact that they have their Moderator status at another forum under their names�to me�means that they aren't attempting to hide that fact. Anyone can see this and internally decide what that means to them when they read their posted opinions.


Asus TUF Z790 DDR5 plus Wifi
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Intel I7 14700k
32gb Ripjaws DDR5 @6000MHz
Nividia 5060 TI OC 16gb
2 NVMe and various Sata SSD drives 6tb
1200watt Seasonic Vertex PSU
______________________________________________________

Oddball from Kelly's Heroes: "If we're late, it's cause we're dead"



Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,497
Likes: 36
F
I'm just a
Senior Member
I'm just a
Senior Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,497
Likes: 36
Originally Posted By: SiThSpAwN


But I will try and straighten out and fly right... but if you ever seen me fly in DCS, you would know that isnt a strong skill of mine wink


Tell me about it�I've been flying the Huey module lately and flying straight and level isn't in my skill set yet. I think I've only successfully landed the darn thing twice�and a good hundred feet from where I wanted to.

thumbsup


Asus TUF Z790 DDR5 plus Wifi
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Intel I7 14700k
32gb Ripjaws DDR5 @6000MHz
Nividia 5060 TI OC 16gb
2 NVMe and various Sata SSD drives 6tb
1200watt Seasonic Vertex PSU
______________________________________________________

Oddball from Kelly's Heroes: "If we're late, it's cause we're dead"



Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 490
N
ED Community Manager
Member
ED Community Manager
Member
N Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 490
Originally Posted By: Force10


Actually, the fact that they have their Moderator status at another forum under their names�to me�means that they aren't attempting to hide that fact. Anyone can see this and internally decide what that means to them when they read their posted opinions.



That is basically why I have mine here, and I assumed most knew the red name meant moderator here, but if its confusing I can move it to my sig or something else... I just dont like to seem like I am hiding the fact that I am what I am...

Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 490
N
ED Community Manager
Member
ED Community Manager
Member
N Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 490
Originally Posted By: Force10
Originally Posted By: SiThSpAwN


But I will try and straighten out and fly right... but if you ever seen me fly in DCS, you would know that isnt a strong skill of mine wink


Tell me about it�I've been flying the Huey module lately and flying straight and level isn't in my skill set yet. I think I've only successfully landed the darn thing twice�and a good hundred feet from where I wanted to.

thumbsup


The Huey requires witchcraft to fly, I have been asking for that to be put in the minimum specs...

Page 9 of 25 1 2 … 7 8 9 10 11 … 24 25

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,074,565 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1