SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,961
Pitbull Tickler
Member
Pitbull Tickler
Member
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,961
Cr@p, this thing goes to Jan 2nd. I will stay strong. So far, FSX is all I've got, unless you count The Expendabros , which I don't because it's free. Pretty fun and funny too. biggrin It probably won't make me want to see Expednables 3, but I might buy BroForce if it goes on a stronger sale.


System Vitals: Intel i5 9600, RTX2060, 16GB DDR3000(OC), Win10 Home 64bit, Saitek X-52, Logitech G27
Current Sims: MSFS2020, Assetto Corsa, StrikeFighters2, IL2:BoS etc, Arma3, American Truck Simulator, SnowRunner
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,368
Likes: 19
C
Veteran
Veteran
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,368
Likes: 19
X-Plane 10 Global - 64 Bit 50% off http://store.steampowered.com/app/292180/

Train Simulator 2015 85% off http://store.steampowered.com/app/24010/

Last edited by Chucky; 12/22/14 08:39 PM.

If you watch Jaws backwards, it's a heart warming story about a shark that spits out so many people that they have to open a beach.
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 13,787
P
SimHQ Redneck
Veteran
SimHQ Redneck
Veteran
P Offline
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 13,787
Grabbed Batman Arkham Origins. As good as it predecessors. Considering Assetto Corsa.


"A little luck & a little government is necessary to get by, but only a fool places his complete trust in either one." - PJ O'Rourke

www.sixmanfootball.com
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,961
Pitbull Tickler
Member
Pitbull Tickler
Member
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,961
Originally Posted By: PFunk
...Considering Assetto Corsa.


...join uhhhssssss... zombie


System Vitals: Intel i5 9600, RTX2060, 16GB DDR3000(OC), Win10 Home 64bit, Saitek X-52, Logitech G27
Current Sims: MSFS2020, Assetto Corsa, StrikeFighters2, IL2:BoS etc, Arma3, American Truck Simulator, SnowRunner
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,368
Likes: 19
C
Veteran
Veteran
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,368
Likes: 19
IL-2 Battle of Stalingrad 40% off http://store.steampowered.com/app/307960/


If you watch Jaws backwards, it's a heart warming story about a shark that spits out so many people that they have to open a beach.
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 8,677
K
Hotshot
Hotshot
K Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 8,677
Originally Posted By: Chucky
IL-2 Battle of Stalingrad 40% off http://store.steampowered.com/app/307960/


So ridiculous, are we to believe people voted to have the $0.99 Orion Prelude crap game be 50% off to $0.49 instead of IL-2 BOS be 50% off?

Either people are really stupid or Steam is rigging the community vote...


[email protected], GTX1080Ti,BenQ XL2420G-g-sync,Oculus Rift
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,020
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,020
Likes: 66
Originally Posted By: Chucky
IL-2 Battle of Stalingrad 40% off http://store.steampowered.com/app/307960/


Well...that came down in price fast.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 3,095
S
XBL: sSnakeyes
Senior Member
XBL: sSnakeyes
Senior Member
S Offline
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 3,095
Assetto Corsa for 50% off. I'm thinking of buying it. Is it good?

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,020
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,020
Likes: 66
Originally Posted By: Snakeyes
Assetto Corsa for 50% off. I'm thinking of buying it. Is it good?
It's good but it still needs a lot more polishing especially in multiplayer.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 418
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 418
Originally Posted By: WangoTango
Originally Posted By: Chucky
Rise of Flight: Channel Battles Edition 60% off.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/244050/


too good to pass up.



Not the apropriate section, but since there is some interest here, I have two keys that activate on STEAM one for RoF on steam and another for the furious wings DLC. I'll let them both go for �10 or a reasonable offer if no one wants to take them for 10.

Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 3,095
S
XBL: sSnakeyes
Senior Member
XBL: sSnakeyes
Senior Member
S Offline
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 3,095
Thanks Panzer. I may wait a bit longer for it.

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 314
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 314
Assetto Corsa at 50% off .. Oh it looks so promising

But

If you had to choose one, would it be Corsa or RF2? (Or something else)

I was thinking of ROF, but I will wait until they make some complete package in the future.

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,020
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,020
Likes: 66
Originally Posted By: boxin


I was thinking of ROF, but I will wait until they make some complete package in the future.

Considering that there have been more than 25 planes released for ROF that will be one expensive package! Oh, and you also have the weapons and field mods and the extra maps and campaigns.

Last edited by PanzerMeyer; 12/23/14 07:36 PM.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,961
Pitbull Tickler
Member
Pitbull Tickler
Member
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,961
Originally Posted By: boxin
Assetto Corsa at 50% off .. Oh it looks so promising

But

If you had to choose one, would it be Corsa or RF2? (Or something else)



I chose Corsa because it supposedly has the best "feel". I'm just about the driving simulation, pure and simple. It's not much of a game, and there are better options if online play is your thing.

But I love it.


System Vitals: Intel i5 9600, RTX2060, 16GB DDR3000(OC), Win10 Home 64bit, Saitek X-52, Logitech G27
Current Sims: MSFS2020, Assetto Corsa, StrikeFighters2, IL2:BoS etc, Arma3, American Truck Simulator, SnowRunner
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,943
N
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,943
Originally Posted By: ArgonV
I bought a ton of stuff:


The Stanley Parable

Curse you Steam sales!!!


I really enjoyed this "Game". Had me burst out laughing all the way through.

Nate

Joined: May 2005
Posts: 9,760
Likes: 3
B
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Hotshot
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Hotshot
B Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 9,760
Likes: 3
HAR ! they'll have no money from me ! i'm holding strong ! and wow, the il-2 series has become expensive, 240 for 2 more planes ?

Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 7,247
H
Hotshot
Hotshot
H Offline
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 7,247
Originally Posted By: PanzerMeyer
Originally Posted By: Timothy
Rome Total War II good?



It's outstanding. I highly recommend it. Have you played any of the previous Total War games?


I thought one of the recent Rome TW games was soundly pilloried and trashed. Wasn't RTW II, I assume ? If you endorse this, I might as well pick it up

And what about:-

State of Decay
Shadow Warrior 2103

Haven't played SoD but played the old Shadow Warrior and love it as much as I like the old Duke Nukem

I bought Dishonoured during the last sale but have not had the time to play it.

J
JanesHQ
Unregistered
JanesHQ
Unregistered
J
Originally Posted By: kludger
Originally Posted By: Chucky
IL-2 Battle of Stalingrad 40% off http://store.steampowered.com/app/307960/


So ridiculous, are we to believe people voted to have the $0.99 Orion Prelude crap game be 50% off to $0.49 instead of IL-2 BOS be 50% off?

Either people are really stupid or Steam is rigging the community vote...


It's absurd but it's today's market. Sims are considerd a niche for "strange" ppl. 2 days ago Bulletstorm won against 80% off from Panzer Corps. Like BS wasn't on sale before gazillion of times.

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,020
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,020
Likes: 66
Originally Posted By: Harry-the-Ruskie

I thought one of the recent Rome TW games was soundly pilloried and trashed. Wasn't RTW II, I assume ? If you endorse this, I might as well pick it up


The initial release of the game last year was highly criticized and rightly so. It really was a bug-ridden mess. However, with all of the subsequent patches (over 10 of them) the game is now what it should have been on release.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,020
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,020
Likes: 66
Originally Posted By: JanesHQ

It's absurd but it's today's market. Sims are considerd a niche for "strange" ppl. 2 days ago Bulletstorm won against 80% off from Panzer Corps. Like BS wasn't on sale before gazillion of times.


Not counting the arcade air combat games, I'd say that the percentage of Steam users who play flight sims is very small. I'd love to see if there are any statistics concerning that online. My educated guess would be that less than 10% of registered Steam users play hardcore flight sims like DCS, Falcon 4, ROF, etc.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
"Problem occurred in connection"
by F4UDash4 - 09/14/26 01:41 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,069,988 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1