SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Hop To
Page 49 of 442 1 2 … 47 48 49 50 51 … 441 442
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,368
Likes: 19
C
Veteran
Veteran
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,368
Likes: 19
@ Panzer,yes I did notice that about RT. I must admit that I have picked quite a few films to watch based on the critic's scores and never made it through the films in question.

I've lost count however of the number of films that have been recommended on here that I have thoroughly enjoyed.


If you watch Jaws backwards, it's a heart warming story about a shark that spits out so many people that they have to open a beach.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 49,716
J
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 49,716
Originally Posted By: David Kennard
this past week I watched The Bourne Legacy and I enjoyed it
and also a movie I knew I would watch eventually and enjoy but for some reason only this past month got around to it . . . the first Pirates of the Caribbean


I was stunned how good it was when I saw it on release all those years ago. I was imagining it would be MAYBE worth the time I spent watching it. Instead, I bought the DVD and even the BD years later because it just worked so well. The second film I think was better in some areas. The next two weren't as good, but are worthy to see anyway because you now know the characters.



The Jedi Master


The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,023
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,023
Likes: 66
The Pirates franchise definitely started getting long in the tooth for me with the third film.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 11,752
V
Veteran
Veteran
V Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 11,752
Exodus: Gods and Kings - wow, Ridley really botched the Exodus story...


"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." - Groucho Marx

“One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” -Milton Friedman

Quem Deus vult perdere, prius dementat
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,023
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,023
Likes: 66
Originally Posted By: Vertigo1
Exodus: Gods and Kings - wow, Ridley really botched the Exodus story...



Isn't that the trend now with Hollywood? Rewriting Biblical stories in order to support some 21st century progressive dogma. It's no coincidence that Noah and Exodus came out the same year.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,368
Likes: 19
C
Veteran
Veteran
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,368
Likes: 19
Horrible Bosses (2011). Man,that was funny.I didn't recognise Jennifer Aniston at all. I see there is a sequel,is that worth watching?

Mean Girls (2004). I'll admit I wouldn't know Lindsay Lohan if she came up and bit me on the leg (is that a good or a bad thing?) but she looked quite hot in 2004. I had a quick look through her list of films and this would be the only one I've seen. I found this a very funny film also.


If you watch Jaws backwards, it's a heart warming story about a shark that spits out so many people that they have to open a beach.
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,023
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,023
Likes: 66
Lindsey Lohan fell off the rails for a while but it seems like She has her life in order again. And no, she doesn't look as good as she did in 2004.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 10,845
J
Veteran
Veteran
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 10,845
Watched "Forest Gump" Last night for probably the 100th time. Need to watch it every couple
years. It must be one the best movies ever made. Never tire of it. thumbsup


Erebus Full Tower:Windows 7 Ult 64bit:Intel� Core� i7
3930K Processor(6x 3.20GHz)32GB[4 GB X8] DDR3-1866:GPU
NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan 6GB:1.5Kw PSU: 43" Sceptre 4k:
LG Blu-ray burner,: hd1/750GB,hd2/2TB,hd3/1TB,hd4/1TB,HD5/4TB

Youtube videos
Flickr Photos
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 20,152
T
Lifer
Lifer
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 20,152
Watched the other women last night w/my GF. Lesley Mann is a riot, I loved her in So this is 40 as well.

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,023
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,023
Likes: 66
I started re-watching my Star Trek: TOS bluray discs last night so I watched "The Man Trap" which was not the first episode that was produced but it was the first to be aired.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,368
Likes: 19
C
Veteran
Veteran
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,368
Likes: 19
No Country For Old Men http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0477348/

It wasn't difficult to see how this scooped so many positive reviews. Javier Bardem was superb as the hit-man and his character made my skin crawl.I certainly didn't expect the film to develop the way it did. Top notch entertainment yep

Last edited by Chucky; 12/27/14 02:47 PM.

If you watch Jaws backwards, it's a heart warming story about a shark that spits out so many people that they have to open a beach.
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,023
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,023
Likes: 66
I watched "Yojimbo" by Akira Kurosawa. It's quite easy to see why and how this film inspired so many remakes.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 11,752
V
Veteran
Veteran
V Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 11,752
Originally Posted By: PanzerMeyer
I started re-watching my Star Trek: TOS bluray discs last night so I watched "The Man Trap" which was not the first episode that was produced but it was the first to be aired.


I just finished rewatching season 1. I have them on DVD though.


"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." - Groucho Marx

“One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” -Milton Friedman

Quem Deus vult perdere, prius dementat
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 6,105
T
Hotshot
Hotshot
T Offline
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 6,105

Last edited by tony draper; 12/27/14 10:14 PM.
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,023
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,023
Likes: 66
Originally Posted By: Vertigo1
Originally Posted By: PanzerMeyer
I started re-watching my Star Trek: TOS bluray discs last night so I watched "The Man Trap" which was not the first episode that was produced but it was the first to be aired.


I just finished rewatching season 1. I have them on DVD though.


Which episodes are your favorite from season 1? My top 5 are,

1. Space Seed
2. City on the Edge of Forever
3. Balance of Terror
4. The Squire of Gothos
5. Where No Man Has Gone Before

Last edited by PanzerMeyer; 12/28/14 02:29 AM.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 11,752
V
Veteran
Veteran
V Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 11,752
Originally Posted By: PanzerMeyer
Originally Posted By: Vertigo1
Originally Posted By: PanzerMeyer
I started re-watching my Star Trek: TOS bluray discs last night so I watched "The Man Trap" which was not the first episode that was produced but it was the first to be aired.


I just finished rewatching season 1. I have them on DVD though.


Which episodes are your favorite from season 1? My top 5 are,

1. Space Seed
2. City on the Edge of Forever
3. Balance of Terror
4. The Squire of Gothos
5. Where No Man Has Gone Before


pretty close to the same

1. Space Seed
2. City on the Edge of Forever
3. Balance of Terror
4. Menagerie
5. Where No Man Has Gone Before


"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." - Groucho Marx

“One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” -Milton Friedman

Quem Deus vult perdere, prius dementat
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,943
K
Hotshot
Hotshot
K Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,943
Neighbors

Oh gawd. I knew it would be bad. I wasn't expecting much from it but figured it would at least be a guilty pleasure sort of flick. I certainly didn't think it would be as bad as it was.

Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 2,849
F
Senior Member
Senior Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 2,849
"The Interview"

Can't let the terrorist win. biggrin
It's everything I thought it would be. There actually are funny parts. Keep wondering how it's going to turn out.

The guy that played Kim Jong-un was actually pretty good. Not like I expected. Likeable and funny.


Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 20,152
T
Lifer
Lifer
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 20,152
Saw WILD with Reese Witherspoon since American Sniper wasn't widely released on Christmas Day. Wasn't a bad film, get to see her naked thumbsup


XboxLive Tag: DOBrienTG1969

Dave O'Brien,
Top Gun Photography
Nikon D500 & D7200
Nikkor 70-200VR AF-s F/2.8
Sigma 50-500 & 17-50 F2.8
Sigma 150-600
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 11,752
V
Veteran
Veteran
V Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 11,752
Watched Shutter Island.

Decent psychological thriller. The payoff was a let down. If they had played it better, it could have been a great film.


"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." - Groucho Marx

“One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” -Milton Friedman

Quem Deus vult perdere, prius dementat
Page 49 of 442 1 2 … 47 48 49 50 51 … 441 442

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,071,403 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1