SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Hop To
Page 221 of 240 1 2 … 219 220 221 222 223 … 239 240
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 13
V
Junior Member
Junior Member
V Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 13
That fine with me, I can get shot down by the best of them...

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
This new simple mission is turning into a broader idea with Su-27s and F-15Cs over the skies of a Blue last-effort to Hold Fast at KP. It was called 'Ambush!' but it's now 'Erl Sis Urasis'.

Should be ready for this weekend.


---

VIKBELL, the mission should give you a Mission Won message -- from there you can use the Radio Menu to launch others.

WC


"Your ballroom days are over, baby"

Find my DCS World missions at Wrecking Crew Projects. All released missions are free to download, modify and publicly host -- enjoy!
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Will be on Hollo Pointe tomorrow...

Erl Sis
Blue: A-10A/C, UH-1H, Ka-50; Red: Su-27, Su-25A/T, Combined Arms
F10 ALL, Labels Optional, Winter, Start 0800 10JAN
---
Summary

Red Democratic Republic captured oil sites and is selling crude to finance their advances. The RDR is threatening Krasnordar-Pashovsky Airbase.

Blue Liberation Front must strike back against the oil facilities to stop the enemy finances. Stop the flow of oil and the RDR will collapse.

NO MANPADS.




WC

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Erl Sis is ready to go -- it will be the next mission up. Be interesting to see how it unfolds. The inaugural
launch tonight.

crew

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Not too bad,,, a half page of edits.

BEANS took the opportunity to play the Dark Side. Maybe KP needs a HAWK...

raven and WC off to the RR Yard --



WC

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Made some fixes in the new Erl Sis. Now it will be a bit tougher for BEANS to come Red-jetting around KC and shooting down the Hawgs.

Hope to see some of you new guys back in Hollo Pointe soon. Just draw BEANS back to the HAWK and Patriot missiles next time he starts harassing you pilot

WC

Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,292
U
Member
Member
U Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,292
I'm the one who told you to put hawk and patriot batteries in. Need something to use the SEAD against!

Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 500
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 500
Beans here's that Shark startup checklist we talked about..

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=35571


Everybody gets everything they want. I wanted a mission. And for my sins..they gave me one.
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Updated the Banned Clients list with the latest offender. Have had two new entries in the last three weeks. The network config file in the DCS\Logs directory records all comings and goings, so no one can hide anymore, even if they don't chat.


WC

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Arrg, server ping timeout!

HP needs the update to the latest version -- I'll do that now.


WC

Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 401
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 401
Crew the East Farp cannot Repair/Rearm/Refuel, South Farp is good to go, West Farp I could Rearm/Repair and but could not Refuel. I never got a chance to land at the North Farp.

I played it a little bit yesterday during the day. I think the Huey's are a bit out matched on their mission. I got 1 mile out from the first way point and got chewed up pretty good by a 23. There is no way they will be able to tackle that unless there are three or four of them... I took a KA-50 back and took killed everything but that was from a standoff distance.

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
We are talking about the new Erl Sis mission...

OK, sooo, what good are Hueys in the modern DCS environment... ? Those '23's are the truck mounted ones. Almost every mission that has Hueys in it has to be dialed down for AAA. I'm going to stop including them -- they don't have the weps with range to engage AAA and MANPADS and they are pretty useless against armor. We need Apaches.

If the Hueys stay north that is where the dialed down AAA is located, and that's where the waypoints take you in that a/c. I wouldn't expect them to survive long in the southern zone -- heck even the A-10s get plinked if under 4,000'.


I'll modify the FARPS -- good feedback, Mol.

WC







Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 401
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 401
In "Modern" combat Hueys are primarily useful as observation platforms they can also be used for resupply and troop movements. The UH-1H was never designed to take on a ZSU-23 in combat. Even the BMPs and BDRM-1 can take a Huey down in short order. Problem is Huey's can't stand off... they have to get in close and in the DCS world trees work to the advantage of the AI (they can see us but we cant see them). Troop movement and observations is the Huey's role. It can be used to attack unarmed or lightly armed convoy's.

I took the Huey to it's Way Point 1, in the Erl Sis mission, to the north and as soon as I came under fire the pilot and right gunner was hit and killed. I hadn't fired a shot... I took he ship back to the farp and grabbed a KA-50 t clean the place up.

On the flip side... the Huey can deliver an igla or a stinger team and place in strategic areas covertly. They can also station (hidden) black ops teams to ambush enemy convoy's. There is nothing more satisfying than navigating thru mountain passes for an hour to deliver and stinger team to the end of an enemy runway... then later seeing the messages that planes are being shot down.

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Noted!

In an unfinished mission called Bridge At Zugdidi I have Hueys that need to deliver Stinger teams.

WC

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Had fun last Friday flying with sleeper, and STOPA who is from Russia. STOPA was using Google Translate for chatting. After introductions, we joined up for glasnost and beers. (But you can bet that I was in A-A mode hee hee)




Should be on later today. I want to do some work on the new Bridge At Zugdidi mission...

WC

Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 148
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 148
I've found I have sort lost my interest in A-10C now that there's absolutely no engine noise in the cockpit at all. I've read the forum debate over at ED but to me I preferred to have it. Heck when I flew FSX it never bothered me to hear 747 engines droning away for hours. I found engine noise brought a liveliness to it.

Is there a way to get it back?
Any of you guys flying the Hog - opinions on how it has affected your flying?

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632
S
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632
Jettison the Canopy?


HAF922, Corsair RM850, ASRock Fata1ity 990FX Pro,
Modified Corsair H100, AMD FX8350 @ 5.31GHz, 16GB G.SKILL@DDR2133,
2x R7970 Lightnings, +1 HD7950 @ 1.1/6.0GHz, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champ.,
3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns�G HZ201HPB + Acer AL2002 (5760x1080+1600x900+1680x1050), Oculus Rift CV
CH Fighterstick, Pro Throt., Pro Pedals, TM Warthog & MFDs, Fanatec CSR Wheel/Shifter, Elite Pedals
Intensity Pro 10-Bit, TrackIR 4 Pro, WD Black 1.5TB, WD Black 640GB, Samsung 850 500GB, My Book 4TB
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 7,033
K
Hell Drummer
Hotshot
Hell Drummer
Hotshot
K Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 7,033
Originally Posted By: SkateZilla
Jettison the Canopy?


rofl


Click to reveal..
"Himmiherrgottksakramentzefixhallelujah!"
Para_Bellum

"It takes forever +/- 2 weeks for the A-10 to get anywhere significant..."
Ice

"Ha! If it gets him on the deck its a start!"
MigBuster

"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands."
Sauron
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Hmmm, raven and I can hear our engines.

I'm in my jet with the canopy cracked open and APU off, then close the canopy and still hear the thrum of the engines.



Maybe you should fly with the APU on! biggrin

WC

Page 221 of 240 1 2 … 219 220 221 222 223 … 239 240

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,074,923 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1