SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Hop To
Page 216 of 240 1 2 … 214 215 216 217 218 … 239 240
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Originally Posted By: SkateZilla
I've taken apart my pedals once already and swap pots from left to the right toe brakes and cleaned them and it didnt resolve the issue,

At first it was not a show stopper, I just increased deadzone so it would jump and flicker in the deadzone, and jump a lil in the active range, but now it's jumping from 0-50% of the axis. and very twitchy, so I think the POT is finally going.


How much is your time worth?



WC

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
One of my cats peed on my pedals and I took the unit apart and cleaned it out. The action was a bit stiff for a while but has loosened back up over time.

If it happens again I'll toss them both.

cat

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
New mission called "Ambush!"

It's a Huey escort mission. And A-10s.

(BETA) An IED explodes --


Blue scrambles to counter the Red ambush --


Aftermath --



WC

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
Eh guys- just checking in.

Been lurking a little bit, sitting on my hands for awhile as things shake out with DCSW. I haven't flown for a couple months and it's been nice to take a break from some of the frustration I was having with the mission editor. Mission editor frustration was increased as I flew missions that had functions that I just couldn't get to work- etc.

I'm sure glad Crew is in to keep some new material coming out! I'll start testing the waters again as things shake out with MiG21 and F86... Get some new ideas for air to air with a limited air to ground contingent.

On another note as I mentioned before I've been dabbling in World of Tanks Blitz- a mobile version of the PC World of Tanks and have a squad of folks 30+ running TS3 and having a grand old time. We are called the Triarii and that got started up much the same way the Firehouse did. We're just a bunch of folks from around 38 to over 60 who bang around in tanks in 6-7 minute 7v7 tank matches hooting and hollering. Same TS3 server as before.


I wasn't sure about it when I first tried it but I'm glad I at least checked it out.

If you're a WOT fan looking for something new or a brief change then come on over and take a look!

Eno's Old Guys Thread

Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 199
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 199
Ever thought of playing steel beasts, if your into tanks and multiplayer, can't go wrong. Best armor sim out there, and it has a great mission editor.

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Haven't done this in a while... Southern Storm Mission

Smokey takes a wing slot --


Mig 21 --


Moon rise --



WC

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632
S
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632
^That's not a MIG-21.... smile


HAF922, Corsair RM850, ASRock Fata1ity 990FX Pro,
Modified Corsair H100, AMD FX8350 @ 5.31GHz, 16GB G.SKILL@DDR2133,
2x R7970 Lightnings, +1 HD7950 @ 1.1/6.0GHz, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champ.,
3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns�G HZ201HPB + Acer AL2002 (5760x1080+1600x900+1680x1050), Oculus Rift CV
CH Fighterstick, Pro Throt., Pro Pedals, TM Warthog & MFDs, Fanatec CSR Wheel/Shifter, Elite Pedals
Intensity Pro 10-Bit, TrackIR 4 Pro, WD Black 1.5TB, WD Black 640GB, Samsung 850 500GB, My Book 4TB
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
I thought it was a -31 but the title bar said -21, IIRC



pilot

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632
S
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632
-25, or -31,


HAF922, Corsair RM850, ASRock Fata1ity 990FX Pro,
Modified Corsair H100, AMD FX8350 @ 5.31GHz, 16GB G.SKILL@DDR2133,
2x R7970 Lightnings, +1 HD7950 @ 1.1/6.0GHz, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champ.,
3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns�G HZ201HPB + Acer AL2002 (5760x1080+1600x900+1680x1050), Oculus Rift CV
CH Fighterstick, Pro Throt., Pro Pedals, TM Warthog & MFDs, Fanatec CSR Wheel/Shifter, Elite Pedals
Intensity Pro 10-Bit, TrackIR 4 Pro, WD Black 1.5TB, WD Black 640GB, Samsung 850 500GB, My Book 4TB
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 664
N
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 664
It's a -25.

The -31 only has two under wing weapons stations and a much more pronounced dorsal spine.

(The DCS MiG-31 model also has roughly a bazillion more polys)


Off to greener pastures
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,292
U
Member
Member
U Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,292

Just a nice shot of Mol getting ready to kick some butt form earlier in the week.

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Last Friday night I took a Combined Arms slot in Witches Hollo -- and tried to bring a small group forward using the 'G' key and nothing happened. Every other group worked fine -- I could get into a vehicle and direct all the other units just fine. This morning, after about an hour of troubleshooting and d/l'ing the latest 1.2.10 version, it turned out that it was the placement of the group on the map that caused the unresponsive behavior.

Man, I get so tired of bad behavior.

---

More work on the new Ambush! mission. This is more for Hueys and will be quite furious when the action starts. Blue A-10s can add to the mission along with Red Combined Arms. It won't last long and it might not be pretty.

---

I have tomorrow off -- Labor Day Holiday here in the US. I intend to fly two A-10C missions on Hollo Pointe tomorrow:
BeachAV8R's GRAD EX -- Force Correlate H's
Herky Jerk -- voice actors
Will start sometime in the mid-morning, Mountain Time.

---

Nice BEANS ^^^ the lighting is great.

I think I'm dead --



WC

Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,674
E
Just a Noob
Senior Member
Just a Noob
Senior Member
E Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,674
Originally Posted By: Wrecking Crew
I think I'm dead --

Only a flesh-wound! Hit the extinguishers, flip the MRFCS, wipe the bugs off your visor, you'll be fine.


Shoot to Kill.
Play to Have Fun.
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632
S
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632
Originally Posted By: EinsteinEP
Originally Posted By: Wrecking Crew
I think I'm dead --

Only a flesh-wound! Hit the extinguishers, flip the MRFCS, wipe the bugs off your visor, you'll be fine.


What Extinguisher? lol


HAF922, Corsair RM850, ASRock Fata1ity 990FX Pro,
Modified Corsair H100, AMD FX8350 @ 5.31GHz, 16GB G.SKILL@DDR2133,
2x R7970 Lightnings, +1 HD7950 @ 1.1/6.0GHz, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champ.,
3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns�G HZ201HPB + Acer AL2002 (5760x1080+1600x900+1680x1050), Oculus Rift CV
CH Fighterstick, Pro Throt., Pro Pedals, TM Warthog & MFDs, Fanatec CSR Wheel/Shifter, Elite Pedals
Intensity Pro 10-Bit, TrackIR 4 Pro, WD Black 1.5TB, WD Black 640GB, Samsung 850 500GB, My Book 4TB
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 7,033
K
Hell Drummer
Hotshot
Hell Drummer
Hotshot
K Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 7,033
LOL, Skate... you ever played Battlefield 3?


Click to reveal..
"Himmiherrgottksakramentzefixhallelujah!"
Para_Bellum

"It takes forever +/- 2 weeks for the A-10 to get anywhere significant..."
Ice

"Ha! If it gets him on the deck its a start!"
MigBuster

"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands."
Sauron
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Where did this week go?


It's almost Friday!
I want to fly the Herky Jerk mission -- the Tower has cleared me for a Friday evening take-off.

---

Hollo Pointe is running very well -- I see a few folks in there on the F-15C 'Kill Bombers' mission. I was thinking about that one this morning, for a good F-15C vs Russian AI jets.

WC

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
I am getting really tired of work. Boss held me there until 1915 for no good reason IMO.

---

IT'S FRIDAY NIGHT!

Herky Jerk mission is up. Escorting the Herky Bird to the orbit point --




WC



Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632
S
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632
Just an update to my CH Stuff,

Took apart stick, took the "Throttle" POT out, cleaned while it was open,

Took apart Pedals, replaced right toe brake POT with the POT from the Stick,

Both pedals had clean and smooth response, no dead spots or jumping in CH Test.

Took pedal base apart, and was amazed by the amount of dog hair and crap was inside, My husky passed away months ago, and she was rarely in my PC room, never the less, cleaned off the track and stuff, disconnected POT and crimped the connectors to make a tighter connection. Rudder Axis seems to look better in CH Test/Calibrate. Also crimped the Toe Brake POTs to ensure a snug Connection.

Took the Jumpy Pot that was in the Right Toe Brake, blew it out, crimped the connectors for the stick and connected it to the throttle axis of the stick (which I dont Use). Seems less jumpy when left alone, but still has sluggish response when moving quickly, no worries as I dont use this axis.

Next weekend I'll prolly dis assemble the throttle and blow out and re-crimp that pot as well.

Last edited by SkateZilla; 09/07/14 10:11 PM.

HAF922, Corsair RM850, ASRock Fata1ity 990FX Pro,
Modified Corsair H100, AMD FX8350 @ 5.31GHz, 16GB G.SKILL@DDR2133,
2x R7970 Lightnings, +1 HD7950 @ 1.1/6.0GHz, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champ.,
3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns�G HZ201HPB + Acer AL2002 (5760x1080+1600x900+1680x1050), Oculus Rift CV
CH Fighterstick, Pro Throt., Pro Pedals, TM Warthog & MFDs, Fanatec CSR Wheel/Shifter, Elite Pedals
Intensity Pro 10-Bit, TrackIR 4 Pro, WD Black 1.5TB, WD Black 640GB, Samsung 850 500GB, My Book 4TB
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Last weekend was A-10 Herky Jerk mission time!

This mission development got started almost a year ago, and includes voice dialog that HomeFries did the sound editing for -- mixing engine and explosion sounds with voice recordings. The mission on Sunday afternoon went quite well, and both the C-130 Herky Bird and AWACS made it back to base! I had a lot of help over the four hours it took us, and a good thing, too, since a nasty SA-8 -- no! two nasty SA-8s got in between us and the main target.

The C-130 is taking off, the mission is to pick up SpecOps using the Fulton surface-to-air-recovery (STAR) system --


Following the Herky Bird to its orbit point --


The big bird has plenty of space to orbit in while Hog drivers clear the pickup zone --


Net ID 11, Own ID 11 --


Teamwork, to spot the SA-8 launches --


Ahh, lots of help now, and just in time...


The area was cleared, Herky Bird moves in to pickup SpecOps --


The old Bird took a few hits, but everyone on board is OK --


The gal is on the ground, taxiing to park --


Even the AWACS made it back safely!



crew




Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
beercheers

2 Million Views Mark Pointe

Holy Cow! Lets celebrate this thread's 2 million views milestone this weekend. Hollo Pointe will host some classics,,, The Highway on Friday night, and Thunder Of Kojori on Saturday.

SimHQ Teamspeak -- hope to see you there!


Some screenies from different missions...

Lets go!


Roki Tunnel will be closed for construction...


WHAT!?


...more like it --




Williams Field Airfield in Thunder Of Kojori mission --


BUKs are down there, too, if the BUFFs didn't take them out --


Thunder Of Kojori territory --



WC

Page 216 of 240 1 2 … 214 215 216 217 218 … 239 240

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,074,908 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1