|
|
Joined: Dec 1999
Posts: 7,747
Virtual Shiva Beast Hotshot
|
|
Virtual Shiva Beast Hotshot
Joined: Dec 1999
Posts: 7,747 |
I think they were overloaded so much with expectations, they were just mentally unprepared for even the remote possibility that they might fall behind one or two goals early in the game. When it happened they probably mentally imploded collectively. And while they were still frozen, blinking into the headlights of the onrushing truck, everything fell apart in just minutes. After the first half they had some time to recover, but by then the game was practically over, and they knew it. The only chance was to score quickly, so they tried dives and whatnot but rather took the 6-0 instead.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,737
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,737 |
I can't decide if I want to go with the headline:
'Brazil gets invited to The Red Wedding'
or
'Luthier in bold new Football Management Career comes up short again'
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 22,410
(Heterosexual)Tchaikovsky Ballet Fan Lifer
|
|
(Heterosexual)Tchaikovsky Ballet Fan Lifer
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 22,410 |
Now if I play FIFA 14 or PES 2014 on easy levels, it will still seem realistic!
The issue is not p*ssy. The issue is monkey.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 3,960
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 3,960 |
Blade, You want say PAY instead PLAY, no? dilma saying "oopps, i forgot to pay the billing letter"(A est�ria da copa comprada...)  Sokol1
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,735
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,735 |
"I'm a hundred miles away son, ready to strike"GPL Racing: Average Drivers ClubSimHQ Motorsports: SimHQ MotorsportsEVGA Z170 Classified K MB, Intel i7-6700K CPU, EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW2 GPU, EVGA 850 G3 PSU, Bitfenix Dawn TG Case, Windows 10, 32gb T-Force Delta RGB DDR4 3600MHz Memory, 500gb WD Black SN750 NVMe Boot Drive
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 6,968
Silastic Armorfiend Hotshot
|
|
Silastic Armorfiend Hotshot
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 6,968 |
Brazil's disposition was way too offensive (without any safety net whatsoever), and there was no recognizable tactical plan. They were hoping to score some early goals. Instead they ran into a tactically superior team and got creamed. I would call something like that "Kamikaze" football. Neither Argentina nor Holland (especially Holland) will make the same mistake. Still, that was one historical game. Wow. I don't think anything like this ever happened at a World Cup semi final, ever!
Why men throw their lives away attacking an armed Witcher... I'll never know. Something wrong with my face?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,124
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,124 |
The only criticism i have for Germany, and it must be said, is their UGLY tshirt. Man, that thing was hideous. I wonder if they used it for luck, because it's the only reason ii can think to use such an horrible tshirt, and obviously worked very well. 
Last edited by Lancelot; 07/09/14 01:59 AM.
Si hay que huir, YO PRIMERO!!!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 3,598 Likes: 2
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 3,598 Likes: 2 |
The only criticism i have for Germany, and it must be said, is their UGLY tshirt. Man, that thing was hideous. I wonder if they used it for luck, because it's the only reason ii can think to use such an horrible tshirt, and obviously worked very well. Oooops, I found it way better than their traditionnal white shirt,with its 'vintage' look ! Actually, this score is some kind of earthquake at the global level...weird...Even my 95 yo dad called me at the half time (very very late for him) about the 0-5 score to share a thought for my German family-in-law !!
"Anyone can shoot you down if you don't see him coming but it takes a wonderfully good Hun to bag a Camel if you're expecting him." Tom Cundall.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,023 Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
|
|
Pro-Consul of Florida King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,023 Likes: 66 |
So today's game should hopefully be a bit more...ahem...competitive.
“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 2,669
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 2,669 |
I was watching the game in hospital last night (was there for a minor surgery) and man, I was about to ask the nurses what kind of funny stuff they had put into our dinners. I sat there the whole first half shaking my head.
Intel i7 960 @ 3.2 GHz - ASUS Rampage III Gene Republic of Gamers - 6GB RAM OCZ CL7 XTC Platinum PC3-12800 - ZOTAC GeForce GTX 480 - 64GB Crucial RealSSD C300 SATA II - 1TB Western Digital WD1002FAEX SATA II - Creative Soundblaster Xi-Fi Titanium - Windows 7 Professional 64bit
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,095 Likes: 80
Strategerizer Veteran
|
|
Strategerizer Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,095 Likes: 80 |
Congrats to Germany, fully deserved. It must be a beautiful morning for German fans.
And condolences to Brazil. A thrashing like that is always a painful blow, but to have that happen as host has to be very painful indeed. Before the tournament we were all giving our predictions and analyzing the chances of various sides for this World Cup. When speaking of Brazil, I said that Brazil would fall short due to the weight of expectation. But after sorting through the fallout I would change that slightly to the weight of obligation. You can see how badly the Brazilian players wanted to win. The sense I have is they felt an obligation to win this tournament for the people of their country, to give them something to be proud of, and perhaps change the perception of the people about this World Cup, to at least in part help to justify the cost. Wouldn't the people of Brazil view it in an entirely different light if they had actually won the whole thing?
And that is pressure on an entirely different level. I feel bad for the players and the Brazilian fans. But I agree with Jayhawk and his 'Kamikaze tactics' analysis. You could be forgiven for thinking Brazil were playing 4-2-4 at the start. They pushed too far and seemed to lack any shape or coherence. And their marking was atrocious. Brazil were missing their two best players, yes, but even with Silva and Neymar I don't think this match would have ended much differently.
It was a shock.
And then there is Fred. Is there really no better striker in Brazil than Fred?
And as PanzerMeyer said let's hope we see a more competitive match today. I think we will, but ya never know.
To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,124
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,124 |
So today's game should hopefully be a bit more...ahem...competitive. More competitive, yes, i think so. But i think it will not be an exciting much, because we are talking about too much even teams, too defensive, and with too much respect for each other. After yesterday, if Argentina loose by one or two goals diference, i will satisfied. And if we win, and loose on sunday also by an small margin, i will feel more than satisfied.
Si hay que huir, YO PRIMERO!!!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 6,737 Likes: 1
Hotshot
|
|
Hotshot
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 6,737 Likes: 1 |
Brazil's disposition was way too offensive (without any safety net whatsoever), and there was no recognizable tactical plan. They were hoping to score some early goals. Instead they ran into a tactically superior team and got creamed. I would call something like that "Kamikaze" football. Neither Argentina nor Holland (especially Holland) will make the same mistake. Still, that was one historical game. Wow. I don't think anything like this ever happened at a World Cup semi final, ever! Well there was the rout of Haiti by Poland in 1974 World Cup where they won 7-0, and all goals were made by the same Polish player. What I don't get is why they didn't pull Cesar, who was pretty much just standing there not even trying by the end. And why didn't they put Alves in? Makes no sense. v6, boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,023 Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
|
|
Pro-Consul of Florida King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,023 Likes: 66 |
Haiti has been in the World Cup? I'm honestly surprised by that.
“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 8,677
Hotshot
|
|
Hotshot
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 8,677 |
Yeah I don't think the problem was the missing Neymar or Thiago, Brasil has the same problem Spain did in the Holland match, they are so used to winning that they didn't have the mental strength or tactics to handle and come back after going down a goal or two the way so many underdog teams did this WC.
For Spain I did not feel sorry for them because they had their reign of success for so many years, but for Brasil I feel sorry for the players and the fans, you could see such high (unreal) expectations playing at home and how much the country has invested in this WC, to have it end not just in a loss but such an epic loss has to really hurt.
Congrats to Germany for a great performance.
Hope for a good match today.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 1999
Posts: 6,779
XBL: LanceHawkins Hotshot
|
|
XBL: LanceHawkins Hotshot
Joined: Dec 1999
Posts: 6,779 |
And the Argie-Clogboy game is as utter boring as feared. Almost fell asleep during the first half.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 1999
Posts: 7,747
Virtual Shiva Beast Hotshot
|
|
Virtual Shiva Beast Hotshot
Joined: Dec 1999
Posts: 7,747 |
Almost unwatchable junk. Okay, yesterday was abnormal in about every aspect, but I wish that someone would shoot a goal just to make an end of this misery.
That said, I fear that this style may be more indicative of the last two games than what we saw yesterday. Regardless which team will progress into the finals they will take their extreme security consciousness with them. I just hope that they exhaust themselves in overtime so that they will be more tired and make more mistakes in the next match, and be it just so it will be more fluid.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 1999
Posts: 7,747
Virtual Shiva Beast Hotshot
|
|
Virtual Shiva Beast Hotshot
Joined: Dec 1999
Posts: 7,747 |
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 6,968
Silastic Armorfiend Hotshot
|
|
Silastic Armorfiend Hotshot
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 6,968 |
LOL; and we're treated to 30 additional minutes of that!  (ironic thumbs up) From my German POV, I now hope for a very exhausting additional time and many, many nerve-wrecking penalties. Say final score 12:11. 
Why men throw their lives away attacking an armed Witcher... I'll never know. Something wrong with my face?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 8,771
Oberkriegkaboomf�hrer Hotshot
|
|
Oberkriegkaboomf�hrer Hotshot
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 8,771 |
Yeah, it's pretty much what I feared.
I predict decision by penalties.
"...late afternoon the Air Tasking Order came in [and] we found the A-10 part and we said, "We are going where!? We are doing what!?"
Capt. Todd Sheehy, Hog pilot, on receiving orders during Operation Desert Storm
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
|
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
|
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|