SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Hop To
Page 200 of 240 1 2 … 198 199 200 201 202 … 239 240
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
Some questions about Sam reload times came up during the fly in. Stumbled onto the below. May be helpful.

Originally Posted By: Bruce_D;2058555
I've made a test and discovered that you can reload SAMs, but they need a time reload. It's less time then when they are empty, but it's necessary to reload the launcher.

Let me explain with an example:

The Avanger can firer 8 missiles, but it carries 16. After firing 8 missiles you have to wait 160 seconds to recharge the order 8. After firing the order 8 missiles you have to wait 4,650 seconds to reload the 16 missiles again or go to a truck and reload there, waiting 160 seconds to be read.

I've made a list with the SAMs and the time that you have to wait to reload.


Avanger � They have 16 missiles; Can fire 8 missiles per load; Wait 160 seconds to reload; Wait 4,650 seconds when empty


Chaparral � They have 12 missiles; Can fire 4 missiles per load; Wait 300 seconds to reload; Wait 4,650 seconds when empty


Stinger � They have 4 missiles; Can fire 4 missiles per load; Wait 4,650 seconds when empty


SA-13 � They have 8 missiles; Can fire 4 missiles per load; Wait 1,200 seconds to reload; Wait 4,650 seconds when empty


SA-15 � They have 16 missiles; Can fire 8 missiles per load; Wait 1,800 seconds to reload; Wait 4,650 seconds when empty


SA-18 � They have 3 missiles; Can fire 3 missiles per load; Wait 4,650 seconds when empty


SA-8 � They have 12 missiles; Can fire 6 missiles per load; Wait 1,800 seconds to reload; Wait 4,650 seconds when empty


SA-9 � They have 8 missiles; Can fire 4 missiles per load; Wait 1,200 seconds to reload; Wait 4,650 seconds when empty


SA-19 � They have 16 missiles; Can fire 8 missiles per load; Wait 960 seconds to reload; Wait 4,650 seconds when empty

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Wrecking Crew stumbles back into the room...


Uuugh, where did my weekend go?

sicko


Back at work this morning, first solid food in three days. I need a new mattress.

WC

Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,674
E
Just a Noob
Senior Member
Just a Noob
Senior Member
E Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,674
You missed a good time, Wreck, and we missed you.


Shoot to Kill.
Play to Have Fun.
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
I was wondering why I wasn't seeing you around- usually we bump into each other on TS3 at some point. Hope your upwards trend continues and sorry we missed you!

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Well, I'm pretty happy that Hollo Pointe has been running well for a week. The S'paign middle mission has been running for most of that time. I haven't been in there to see what's up with it, but surely it can't be too far from a Red or Blue win to push it to the next mission in the campaign.

That Friday of the Fly-In, I did fly for about an hour with komemiute. Viper came into The Highway in an F-15C for a little bit, and I saw where he crashed and then exited the game. Right then komemiute also got kicked out (we were on TS) and I was concerned that kome getting kicked at the same time was going to be another issue to deal with @v128. The night before I was flying by myself and left and the server stopped working then, because my name was still in the slot the next day. But all has been well since.

It's been a week since I got sick with this stenken cold. Still sniffling and now my wife has it -- lots of folks around the office are coughing and hacking, too. Tomorrow is Friday and I'm hoping to get back into DCS and a Heineken or three. I did get a new mattress yesterday and crazy enough I was dreaming about flying F-15s this morning and doing some indescribable stunts in it pilot

raven is here this weekend. Hope to see some of you around...

WC




Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
Glad to hear you're on the up and up crew.

I'm at work this week but I might try to get on in a CA slot if available. I had fun last time I played from up here.

Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,292
U
Member
Member
U Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,292
I'm up for flying F-15's!

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 8,700
P
Hotshot
Hotshot
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 8,700
I just bought FC3 last night for the heck of it. Flying the F-15 is bizarre after flying the A-10 for so long. I can actually go fast now biggrin


Scully: Victim died of multiple stab wounds.
Mulder: *throws her a file* Ever heard of the knife alien?
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
I need to take my new F-15C up for a spin. I saw over on DCS Forums that the Autopilot has been reworked -- that is a good thing -- the old AP was something of a pia.

Does anyone have a link to post of the new key bindings for the F-15C?

WC

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 8,700
P
Hotshot
Hotshot
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 8,700
Do what I do, wipe everything and take an entire afternoon customizing it all biggrin


Scully: Victim died of multiple stab wounds.
Mulder: *throws her a file* Ever heard of the knife alien?
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 2,962
T
Senior Member
Senior Member
T Offline
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 2,962
Same experience I had, Peally.. "How am I this high, this fast!"

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Originally Posted By: Peally
Do what I do, wipe everything and take an entire afternoon customizing it all biggrin


hee hee, that was sposed to be LAST Friday. I lost a week!


raven is flying The Highway -- that has F-15Cs in it. Plus, I have five F-15C missions that are ready to spin up. Kill Bombers is a good one, Kill Transports, The Bridge (that needs some pointy nose opposition Red pilots).

If I don't get to my F-15C controls tonight I will try and get it sorted tomorrow.

WC

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
High speed highway is a time trial down your highway with the fastest speed put on the message heading. Might be fun for a competition at some point in the near future.

I would like to do a real good test on "stop the runs" next week when I'm home but I might need some help with the f15c.

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Wow, Eno, have you seen this post over at DCS ForumS? --

anything that can be done, to prevent cheaters joining a server?

I am going to make the network.cfg change.

WC

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
Yeah I saw that... I'm trying to get the UCID information from Red- I have the name as well... perhaps it's familiar. Will PM.

Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 946
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 946
myself and komeiute just after taking off on hollow point last night

damn good mission


Dont think of it as being vastly outnumbered ... but just having a large target selection.

The only thing more accurate than incoming fire, is incoming friendly fire

Tracers work BOTH ways...

" I have a cunning plan my lord "
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 7,033
K
Hell Drummer
Hotshot
Hell Drummer
Hotshot
K Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 7,033
Concur. It felt godly.
Cleaned up some hot areas, I even landed and managed to rescue some aircrew...

Unluckily the mission reset right before I could land...

Some of the best time ever.
Thank you Tempus for your patience and support!


Click to reveal..
"Himmiherrgottksakramentzefixhallelujah!"
Para_Bellum

"It takes forever +/- 2 weeks for the A-10 to get anywhere significant..."
Ice

"Ha! If it gets him on the deck its a start!"
MigBuster

"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands."
Sauron
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Originally Posted By: komemiute
Concur. It felt godly.
Cleaned up some hot areas, I even landed and managed to rescue some aircrew...


Ah! That was you who landed and picked up the LOCH pilots. raven was in the mission and saw/commented on your excellent landing. This is the Huey Apocalypse mission.

I was reading up on the Huey and making control adjustments. I changed all my Warthog throttle axis to Slider and added a curve to the throttle. Read in our Huey section about setting the Trim before take off and WOW I can take off and hover now, and land. Quite a difference -- Friday night I had tried to fly the Huey and had a heck of a time getting it off the ground.

I still need to get my F-15C controls worked out. I ran the Kill Bombers mission for the F-15C a couple of times this weekend but it keeps throwing a DCS Stopped Working message so I need to go through all the groups and events to see if there's something set wrong or incomplete.

WC

Joined: May 2009
Posts: 7,033
K
Hell Drummer
Hotshot
Hell Drummer
Hotshot
K Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 7,033
Thanks to you and Raven for the kind words.
In truth it was hardly a landing-by-the-book, but it worked and that's ok for me!

I almost forgot that he was there too, he worked out quite some enemy positions!

TempusMurphy and I were finally flying together after a long time, and working out some two-ship tactics... until we saw the victory message!

I was lucky enough to have been closer to the blue smoke so it was an automated choice to dive in to save the crew.

TempusMurphy covered me and also took some pretty intense ground gun fire.

I'm really enjoying flying the Huey and can't wait for the multi-human crew and (but this is a wild dream) the Frog-Huey with the Grenade launcher!

Last edited by komemiute; 05/11/14 08:07 PM.

Click to reveal..
"Himmiherrgottksakramentzefixhallelujah!"
Para_Bellum

"It takes forever +/- 2 weeks for the A-10 to get anywhere significant..."
Ice

"Ha! If it gets him on the deck its a start!"
MigBuster

"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands."
Sauron
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Kill Bombers is back running again on Hollo Pointe. This is a Blue F-15C (only) mission with lots of Red jets to kill.



Red AI has many four-ship groups set out to destroy runways, air defense sites, airbase ground targets and ships. The mission runs just over two hours and then will reset.


I did find problems with it that may have been the cause of the stopped working incidents. In particular there were Red Tu-22 bombers that had corrupted loadouts. All that is fixed so we'll see in the morning if this mission can last through the night.



Wrecking Crew

Page 200 of 240 1 2 … 198 199 200 201 202 … 239 240

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,074,811 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1