SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,368
Likes: 19
C
Veteran
Veteran
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,368
Likes: 19
Not sure about your first question as I don't have a disc to try.I assume you want to keep your current install?

As for mods,if it's SP you are into then look up 'Dark Blue World' and 'The Full Monty' all available at the SAS web-site.They transform the game,lots of eye-candy and new features.. http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php

If it's MP then I don't know,I only play SP,sorry.


If you watch Jaws backwards, it's a heart warming story about a shark that spits out so many people that they have to open a beach.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 263
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 263
Thanks Chucky,much appreciated.
Deleted install anyway as it will now force me to go ahead.
SP only me,so your recomendations are a great help.
Gwalch.
Edit:are they fairly easy to implement and to what version must I go?
Not much good with these thngs I'm afraid!

Last edited by gwalch; 09/20/13 05:41 PM.
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 157
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 157
Is there any sign of a new DBW version?
1.7 seems to be the latest but that one uses Patch 4.10m what is way behind the current 4.12.


"Das Fliegen ist das Leben wert!"
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,441
K
Senior Member
Senior Member
K Offline
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,441
Greetings mein Komplotten!

I as well am just getting back into it as the Mighty Luftwaffe has called me back into active duty. Seems those pointy winged und cloth covered Tommie krates are causing some problems. This will be rectified if I can just get up to speed.

I installed from the 1946 disk, updated to 8 and then to 9. Everything worked as I progressed with no crack installed. Install 10 but same 9 on lower left. Install 10.1 and same thing, 9 on lower left. banghead

Please help as the Tommies are attacking France und this can't happen!!!!!!!


Kraut

Last edited by Kraut; 02/26/15 06:37 PM.
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
W
Lifer
Lifer
W Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
Originally Posted By: Kraut
Greetings mein Komplotten!

I as well am just getting back into it as the Mighty Luftwaffe has called me back into active duty. Seems those pointy winged und cloth covered Tommie krates are causing some problems. This will be rectified if I can just get up to speed.

I installed from the 1946 disk, updated to 8 and then to 9. Everything worked as I progressed with no crack installed. Install 10 but same 9 on lower left. Install 10.1 and same thing, 9 on lower left. banghead

Please help as the Tommies are attacking France und this can't happen!!!!!!!


Kraut


Sounds like you let it install into the Program Files folder. Move it out of the Program Files folder into a Games folder on the C drive and everything should work fine and dandy.

Quote:
The installation file path for the DVD defaults to:
(32 bit systems): C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946
(64 bit systems): C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946

Installation Tip:
**Changing "Program Files" to "Games" when you are installing the sim will make the patching process have fewer problems on machines that are using any Windows operating systems after WinXP.
Modified Filepath: C:\Games\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946
(Use the same modified filepath for both 32 and 64 bit versions.)

Source: http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Knowledge_Base&op=show&kid=584

Moving the Ubisoft folder and its content to the Games folder will not affect the game. Just make sure to use the browse feature in the patches to patch the new location instead of the Default location. You will also need to alter the file path in the game icon on your desktop to the new location or you will get an error when you click on it.

IL2 1946 PATCHING



Wheels


Cheers wave
Wheelsup_cavu

Mission4Today (Campaigns, Missions, and Skins for IL-2)
Planes of Fame Air Museum | March Field Air Museum | Palm Springs Air Museum
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,441
K
Senior Member
Senior Member
K Offline
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,441
ACHHHHHHHHH! Still a no go. Here we go again and I want to thank you for your patience. When I'm up and running I will not notify the Gestapo about you! MY LIPS ARE SEALED!!!!!!!!!

Anyways, here we go again.
Install the sim onto my F: drive f:IL-2 Sturmovik 1946

Run it und all ist gut
Then I install 1.08m into the same IL2 folder, run it und still gut mit 1.08 in lower left.
Install 1.09 same way und all ist still gut mit 1.09m in lower left.
NOW, when I install 4.10, no asking for copy overs, it just installs but when I run the game, still 1.09m in the lower left.

I do not want to go to the Russian Front but Fat Man ist making threats.

Please help!

KRAUT

Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,671
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,671
Kraut, if you notice the post date immediately above your first on the 26th please note well over a year had passed since.

This guide is kind of out dated now and I think you want to get to the latest official version which is now 4.12.2, right?
There is an option here that will update the game to 4.12.2 from 4.07:
http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=4469

There is much more information about IL21946 on the SAS site here:
http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php
Check the SAS Essentials section of the forum.


This link will take you to the topic mega patch topic.
http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,38443.0.html

It is a lot to download but may be your best option.

When you get 4.12.2 up and running there are some excellent mods you can add but that leads to a whole other il2 1946 world

Good Luck.

Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,441
K
Senior Member
Senior Member
K Offline
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,441
Sorry about all this crap!

Now I get a flash of the 4.12.2 then it goes to a black screen then back to desk top.URRRRR!!!!!!!!!!I had to DL all the patches and then install them in order 4.12.2 to get this far.

410, 410_1, 411, 411_1, 412, 412_1, 412_2

KRAUT

From what I've read, I'm going to hate Siberian winters.

Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,441
K
Senior Member
Senior Member
K Offline
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,441
Finally got it. Thanks for all your help!

Now, how can I get The Channel Map to work on this set up now?


Danka

Kraut

Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,671
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,671
Time to mod Kraut.

http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=details&id=1813
http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=details&id=1814
More info on these:
http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php?board=176.0

If you have been away awhile, the changes and new options can be overwhelming and there is anew mega pack in the works that will make them all available.

You may have more luck at the SAS site, they are home to all things IL2, mainly offline content but info on HSFX, the online addon mod.
http://www.sas1946.com/main/

Map specific topic at SAS:
http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php?board=12.0


Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,627
Likes: 103
T
Senior Member
Senior Member
T Online: Content
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,627
Likes: 103
I have 1946 il2 loaded on my desktop, latest BAT version { v 4.23 } . There are a lot of files to load for that mod but well worth it. Plays very well, many options and aircraft. My install is about 95gig. Skycats guide is excellent and all files are still availble.

Last edited by Terl9999; 01/19/25 07:08 PM.
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,061
Likes: 19
K
It's KRT not Kurt
Hotshot
It's KRT not Kurt
Hotshot
K Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,061
Likes: 19
I just reinstalled it as well, a bit of Windows issues at first but it's running sweet. I added the VP Modact and Jet War add-on.


Win 11 Pro
MSI B450M-A PRO MAX AM4 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6 GHz (4.25 GHz Max Boost) 95W Desktop Processor 16GB RAM
MSI GTX 1070 8Gb
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,627
Likes: 103
T
Senior Member
Senior Member
T Online: Content
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,627
Likes: 103
Just curious KRT, is the VP Modact and Jet War add-on something that you integrate with a fully patched BAT install ? Not familar with those mods.

Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,627
Likes: 103
T
Senior Member
Senior Member
T Online: Content
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,627
Likes: 103
Just updated to latest BAT Mod, version 4.3, " Danger Zone ". Install was smooth no issues. All files available at " https://www.sas1946.com/ ", and specificaly " Danger Zone v4.23 " at " https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,73370.msg797115.html#msg797115 "

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
"Problem occurred in connection"
by F4UDash4 - 09/14/26 01:41 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,069,772 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1