SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Hop To
Page 130 of 240 1 2 … 128 129 130 131 132 … 239 240
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
On my end the server is back up and running. We were able to figure out the problem and the solution Grimes from the ED side of things was correct in his proposed solutions.

As mentioned in the other forum, basically the CTTS (transport script) that I was using started its unit counting at 100.

Of course as many of you know I run so many aircraft slots and other vehicles that there was BOUND to be a conflict with any pre-existing vehicle / aircraft given a unit ID of 100+. In the case last night, guys were actually joining A-10C slots but being put in infantry slots assigned by CTTS spawn scripts.

Grimes pointed out the modification and now the unit IDs of the spawned in units will start at 10000. I have a lot of units in my missions- but not THAT many.

Anyway, things are back up and running and any mission running CTTS is updated. Should be smooth sailing from here.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
I put up Nuke Plant, spent a couple hours in it, prepping it for the late night squad. Got my goals accomplished and got shot up a bit in the process so took the ol' Warthog back to Min-Vody for a landing. Skidded in on busted gear and got a Server Ping Timeout that showed up on Hollo Pointe as a DCS Stopped Working message.

I was in the mission ^^^ with one other guy - both in A-10Cs.


I'm going back to the F-15 missions for a bit. Looking forward to a new update or three.

WC

Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 401
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 401
Originally Posted By: eno75
Last night Mol reported an issue with people not being able to join in a couple of different mission aircraft slots. I thought he was just having client side problems again (and everyone else I suppose) and went to try it out myself. As it turns out... I couldn't join either. Sorry Mol! Had to try!

Anyway- seems we figured out the root cause of the problem:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1867719&postcount=4

I've got the server down for now until I can figure out this work around.



We tested your revised mission last night Eno and it worked. I don't think I got to every aircraft because I was quickly engrossed in the sim, but we had SU-25Ts, A-10Cs, a couple of huey's and a Ka-50. No issues.

thumbsup

We even had a new Huey driver in last night. Blindone got the huey and was trying it out for the first time. He didn't do too bad from what I saw. East Bound and Down isn't a good mission for the weapons on the Huey but he was flying more than crashing it which was way better than what I could do when I first got it.

Last edited by Molasses; 09/11/13 05:48 PM.
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
I've set up eastbound and down now to occupy the Huey's and mi8 with other tasks that involve moving troops to the front before the invasion and evacuating personnel during the invasion- so they really shouldn't be shooting much- they should be too busy de-assifying the base.

Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 410
B
Master of None
Member
Master of None
Member
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 410
Thanks for all your help getting it setup Mol, Wheel, and Near_blind... I really enjoyed the new challenge of the Huey. After blowing up 4-5 of them i finally made it over to Sushi, but then couldn't land and killed all the guys on the ground when I stalled the chopper.

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
LOL well now that's one way of managing the evacuees.

With that being said... perhaps I need to manage that a bit differently so that you don't have to land so close to them.

Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 410
B
Master of None
Member
Master of None
Member
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 410
Yeah.. it was the group in the middle of the tarmac that I mutilated. keep in mind, I only have about 1 hour of flight time in the huey and no landings that have been successful yet.

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
Thanks for reminding me- have to remove those anyway

Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 410
B
Master of None
Member
Master of None
Member
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 410
If that mission, or another with the huey is up when I get online tonight I'll hopefully do a bit better.

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Just got the word - my company's building in Longmont CO is closing due to the rain and flooding. The drive in this morning was slow with three detours around flooded bridges. A few bridges have been washed out. The nearby town of Lyons is cutoff, and the highway up to Estes Park is washed out.

WC

Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 410
B
Master of None
Member
Master of None
Member
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 410
that means you can play alllll day, right??? Hope you're fairing out better than us.. our roof started leaking last night in a few places...

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
Crap you guys- hope you make out okay. We had floods up here that destroyed half a nearby city a few months ago (called High River ironically) so I can understand the challenges you're facing. If it doesn't get you from the outside sometimes it gets you from the inside- sewer water backs up and yeah you guessed it- poop central.

Hoping it doesn't reach out to you guys that way but get those computers off the floor just in case!

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Gawd, I wish I could get some roof damage so insurance would help me replace it.

Took about three hours to get home through Longmont, with all the flooding -- it's normally a 20 minute drive.

Have to go to a meeting now :-( The basement is dry, thank goodness.

WC

Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 410
B
Master of None
Member
Master of None
Member
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 410
my brother works up there and said their store was about 1 foot under... I'm going to check with insurance after the storm clears and see what/if they will do about our leaks... they were only on the vents but maybe I can "get" a new one smile

Last edited by blindone; 09/13/13 06:30 PM.
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
VERY IMPORTANT SERVER / CLIENT CRASH UPDATE:


http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=113874


Originally Posted By: Cougar;1873791
Hello to all,



Recently we have seen an increase of post about multiplayer crashes or c++ runtime errors and we might have found the step to reproduce what you all are experiencing at the moment.



c++ Runtime error



Singleplayer or Playing while being the host of a multiplayer server, while finishing spawning in the cockpit and the mission is heavy:



You might get this error if you are working on communication for example with the ATC. If you are pushing F1 inbound for an airfield but you realized you made a mistake and change quickly to another airfield "F1 inbound" without the first airfield responding to you the runtime error will happen.



So my advise is to wait to get a response from the party your trying to reach before pressing another communication options to avoid this problem.



Multiplayer server crash



The problem is basicaly the same as the above but with a little twist and the problem is clients side only. Let's say you work the communication and do the same mistake as mentionned above the communication will stop working without the runtime error (You'll be able to send request but you won't get any response). Lets say you've landed at your airfield and want to spawn in another aircraft, you hit ESC to bring the plane selection lobby and try to double click the aircraft slot you want. It will make the server crash instantly or shortly after.



Again my advise is to wait to get a response from the party your trying to reach before pressing another communication options to avoid this problem.





I just would like to ask you to restreint yourself from posting more Runtime error or server crash thread if you think the above could have happened to you or your server until the problem is solved.



Thank You



Cougar

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
Common answers appear to be resolving 90% of the issues with 1.2.6. These answers can be described as the 5 R's. RAM / Repair / Rename / Reinstall / registry



RAM: Sorry folks- it seems the minimum requirements for the sim are going up and I'm not sure 3-4 megs of RAM are going to cut it. Time after time we're seeing reports that even with the 32bit RAM modification it's not working and resulting in consistent crashes. Someone from ED want to officially dispel this- well then be my guest. As it is now... probably time to upgrade to 64 bit and at LEAST 6 gigs of RAM. Quite frankly, 8 gigs has, from what I'm seeing, become the new minimum standard.



REPAIR: Enter your start programs / Eagle Dynamics / DCS World and click "Repair DCS World." C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin is the location of the "zweiBlau.dll" file that is consistently showing up in crash logs. I have renamed it (backed it up) and repaired. The program re-wrote the file. I'm testing this now to see if I get the error again (probably but hey, who knows).


RENAME DCS SAVED GAMES FOLDER: Go into user / Saved Games / and rename your DCS folder to DCS1. Go back in and restart your game, SP or MP... preferably both as some files need to be re-written into the folder. This will "reset" the folder which, for many reasons, isn't changed when you reinstall or repair. Some of your settings will be lost- however bit by bit you can go back into DCS1 and transfer over your custom settings. As Cameleon33 says here: For me, the only files I needed to delete where the "network.cfg" and "network.vault" files that are in Saved Games/DCS/Config

After that you just need to re-enter you login/password for master server and to resetup your server parameters.



REINSTALL: Simply uninstall and reinstall your program. Consider renaming your saved games DCS folder in the meantime as mentioned above.


REGISTRY: Also- entering the registry and removing user keys from modules experiencing "xxxxprotect.dll" errors has helped at least 1 person resolve those crashes (for now.) Doesn't sound like many people but who knows how many are silently combing the forums and fixing these issues in the background. Worth a try anyway.

Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 401
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 401
Eno what happened to the Killbox? Didn't see it in the list.

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
It's there again. When I edited it I missed a .


You scared me there!

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632
S
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632
Also, users should check their swap file Setting.

With Swap File ON, in SP, DCS.exe never uses more than 3.25GB in the pre-made missions (seriously)
With Swap File OFF, the DCS.exe Memory Usage climbs and continues to climb until DCS.EXE uses all available free ram and windows Kills the process for Access_Violation.


I know alot of people that run with swap file off (for SSD sake w/ large amounts of ram, etc etc).

But it seems if there's no swap file, DCS.EXE has no where to dump the memory items and as you fly around and more things get loaded into the memory, eventually it crashes the process.

DCS.exe went all the way up to 14GB before windows killed it on my system.

Also, Game Mode Avionics causes a Crash.


HAF922, Corsair RM850, ASRock Fata1ity 990FX Pro,
Modified Corsair H100, AMD FX8350 @ 5.31GHz, 16GB G.SKILL@DDR2133,
2x R7970 Lightnings, +1 HD7950 @ 1.1/6.0GHz, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champ.,
3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns�G HZ201HPB + Acer AL2002 (5760x1080+1600x900+1680x1050), Oculus Rift CV
CH Fighterstick, Pro Throt., Pro Pedals, TM Warthog & MFDs, Fanatec CSR Wheel/Shifter, Elite Pedals
Intensity Pro 10-Bit, TrackIR 4 Pro, WD Black 1.5TB, WD Black 640GB, Samsung 850 500GB, My Book 4TB
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
Geez, raining again in Colorado - more flash flood warnings, also warning about drinking water quality now.

---

I followed the advice above for the two 'network' files, Eno. Had to reset the Start On Pause for Hollo Pointe. I cleared out the logs and MP tracks.

The server has been up for a couple of days, but thought to replace those files anyway.

Sure are a lot of crash postings at DCS...

---



WC

Page 130 of 240 1 2 … 128 129 130 131 132 … 239 240

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,070,603 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1